General Kassam Memories

We have played some teriffic football over the past 8 or 9 years (ok excluding this one)

Dunkleys booming header v Wycombe in the promotion match was a huge relief and great moment.

What about Winnall's last minute winner v Wednesday last season.

The Cup games of course- Swin***, Swansea & Newcastle

Then the Swi**** league wins. The Di Canio one was my favourite. They murdered us, but with 10 men we beat them. Did the fascist get some stick!

We have played some teriffic football over the past 8 or 9 years (ok excluding this one)

Dunkleys booming header v Wycombe in the promotion match was a huge relief and great moment.

What about Winnall's last minute winner v Wednesday last season.

The Cup games of course- Swin***, Swansea & Newcastle

Then the Swi**** league wins. The Di Canio one was my favourite. They murdered us, but with 10 men we beat them. Did the fascist get some stick!

You wouldn't have picked the 2 scorers to be Oli Johnson and Asa Hall before the game I reckon., For that they deserve to be remembered. Asa Hall is still playing in the Conference for Torquay and Oli Johnson is at Bradford Park Avenue.

You wouldn't have picked the 2 scorers to be Oli Johnson and Asa Hall before the game I reckon., For that they deserve to be remembered. Asa Hall is still playing in the Conference for Torquay and Oli Johnson is at Bradford Park Avenue.
I tell you when we won that game I got pissed and convinced my wife to call our unborn son Oli 🙂 she thinks it's after Olly the ox 🤣🤣

Seeing that fantastic Ox spearing the Robin flag from the SSL was truly marvellous!👍🏽😂
This was extremely close to never happening. I only told the security officer prior to the game that we had an Ox Head surfer and a banner saying "Oxford United" at the top. That was all good until he saw us setting up on the day and knew it couldn't just be that. I came clean as late as possible*, just hours before kick-off in fact, I knew from experience this would have been a straight "no chance" in advance.

We had a good relationship with him over the years and he had no issues but due to the nature of the design he had to leave the decision to the Police Superintendent in charge on the day. A nerve jangling hour wait and we got the green light, only then did he admit to us that the superintendent was an Oxford fan and he knew he'd give it a thumbs up.

I still never admitted to "Robins on the run" being on the banner but thought that would be a nice surprise for both of them :ROFLMAO:

*I also never said the Robin was bleeding and there as a pool of blood on the pitch...

Funnily enough I was having a conversation with my son about Grenoble Road and he loves the place.
He was around 9/10 when we left the Manor so not many good memories for him.
All his great memories are at the current stadium other than relegation in the Orient game.

For those of us who had fantastic memories of the Manor the new place just couldn’t compete but there have been some fantastic games.

When full it does have a good atmosphere but not having a stand at the West End and the stands too far from the pitch is my biggest complaint

This was extremely close to never happening. I only told the security officer prior to the game that we had an Ox Head surfer and a banner saying "Oxford United" at the top. That was all good until he saw us setting up on the day and knew it couldn't just be that. I came clean as late as possible*, just hours before kick-off in fact, I knew from experience this would have been a straight "no chance" in advance.

We had a good relationship with him over the years and he had no issues but due to the nature of the design he had to leave it the decision to the Police Superintendent in charge on the day. A nerve jangling hour wait and we got the green light, only then did he admit to us that the superintendent was an Oxford fan and he knew he'd give it a thumbs up.

I still never admitted to "Robins on the run" but thought that would be a nice surprise for both of them :ROFLMAO:

*I also never said the Robin was bleeding and there as a pool of blood on the pitch...
It remains one of favourite things ever as an Ox fan. I think they attempted a display that evening, which seemed to comprise of some red and silver tin foil. I think the comparison said everything that needed to be said about the two sets of fans.

Thanks for doing it. I think those that were there will always remember it.

I was working for a customer who worked with the league and he asked me if I’d like to go to a game with him, he said choose…. There I was the Beano, DiCanio derby in the board room suited and booted trying not to swear…
Brilliant day.

It remains one of favourite things ever as an Ox fan. I think they attempted a display that evening, which seemed to comprise of some red and silver tin foil. I think the comparison said everything that needed to be said about the two sets of fans.

Thanks for doing it. I think those that were there will always remember it.

I remember plenty of comments from Swindon fans taking the P**s out of their display and acknowledging how good our Ultras' display was.

We had a good relationship with him over the years and he had no issues but due to the nature of the design he had to leave the decision to the Police Superintendent in charge on the day. A nerve jangling hour wait and we got the green light, only then did he admit to us that the superintendent was an Oxford fan and he knew he'd give it a thumbs up.

I still never admitted to "Robins on the run" being on the banner but thought that would be a nice surprise for both of them :ROFLMAO:

We miss your organisation with flags and banners

Drinking in the Priory pre match with the Marquee outside.

Darren Anderson refusing to take a corner for Spurs in a pre season friendly as Spurs fans were jumping over and running down to try and get to the east stand.

Northwich at home when we got to Wembley.

Laughing at the scenes of Oxford, York and the police chase each other round the car park and Ozone before a game.

Drinking in the Priory pre match with the Marquee outside.

Darren Anderson refusing to take a corner for Spurs in a pre season friendly as Spurs fans were jumping over and running down to try and get to the east stand.

Northwich at home when we got to Wembley.

Laughing at the scenes of Oxford, York and the police chase each other round the car park and Ozone before a game.

When the priory had the marquee up it was the time the ground came closest to feeling like home, bit of buzz around home games.

Great photo of that as I recall?
Indeed. Got a picture of it up in our house, alongside a close-up of me and my family cheering in the photo.

Attachments

• 11956600-EF40-435D-A9DC-1330FA3BCA95.jpeg
    11956600-EF40-435D-A9DC-1330FA3BCA95.jpeg
    241.8 KB · Views: 31
Indeed. Got a picture of it up in our house, alongside a close-up of me and my family cheering in the photo.
What a feeling that was!

I remember that as the first game of the 09/10 season when we top and tailed it by beating them again at Wembley, but I may have conflated things.

Beeeeeeeeast!

• React
Reactions: MJB
Back
Top Bottom