General International Call Ups

Well that looks like a day out in Lancaster then so as not to waste the train tickets, watching Lancaster City vs Nantwich Town. Decent town for a few beers and the ground is near the station too.

........ irrespective of his agent (!) .... Sykes' form ,especially of late, is more than deserving of an International call up

hope a new contract/ contract extension has already been offered to him. He's blossoming under KR's management

Well that looks like a day out in Lancaster then so as not to waste the train tickets, watching Lancaster City vs Nantwich Town. Decent town for a few beers and the ground is near the station too.
Say hello to the university for me as you go by

Aye, big congrats to Mark Sykes. Looks like his gamble may have paid off after all!

He deserves it for his improvement and the way he's played this season as a whole.

But yeah, can't see him playing for us next season unless we go up........

Well done Mark Sykes.
He is such a better player this season. He has always had a great engine and he has decent pace and touch.
But his final ball and goalscoring has improved this season and who would have had him as a wing back this time last season ( where his defending was being criticised).
A deserved call up for him

Mark has done well this season and has now justified his faith in himself. Fair play to the man and good luck for the future wherever that may be. KR and the staff have done a good job in getting him there I hope he remembers when we get promoted.

Well done Mark Sykes.
He is such a better player this season. He has always had a great engine and he has decent pace and touch.
But his final ball and goalscoring has improved this season and who would have had him as a wing back this time last season ( where his defending was being criticised).
A deserved call up for him

Having congratulated him just three posts ago, I don't want to have too much of a go at him.....

......but I still don't really have him as a wing back! And although he's unquestionably had an amazing season, he's got the ROI call at a point in it when he's not been at his absolute best.

He was awesome against Burton - when they were inept and overrun, and Sykes could essentially play as a right winger - but I thought he was one of our weaker links against both Pompey and the Shrews.

He's doing manful work, filling in at RWB in our time of need.
But while the 3-at-the-back formation gets the best out of the current squad as a whole, Sykes himself is personally best as either the #10 or RW (or even better, swapping between the two) in a 4-3-3.

Having congratulated him just three posts ago, I don't want to have too much of a go at him.....

......but I still don't really have him as a wing back! And although he's unquestionably had an amazing season, he's got the ROI call at a point in it when he's not been at his absolute best.

He was awesome against Burton - when they were inept and overrun, and Sykes could essentially play as a right winger - but I thought he was one of our weaker links against both Pompey and the Shrews.

He's doing manful work, filling in at RWB in our time of need.
But while the 3-at-the-back formation gets the best out of the current squad as a whole, Sykes himself is personally best as either the #10 or RW (or even better, swapping between the two) in a 4-3-3.
Yes agree with you.
But certainly against teams that defend against us, he does a pretty good job. It certainly shows his versatility ( although he is better further forward)
Actually both Sykes and Williams have done a decent job at wing back ( Williams at right and left wing back)

Only two years after he first declared. What a masterclass in foresight from the lad Sykes. Just in time for his free agent move in the summer.

Congrats.

He was awesome against Burton - when they were inept and overrun, and Sykes could essentially play as a right winger - but I thought he was one of our weaker links against both Pompey and the Shrews
Did you feel he was anonymous? Went missing?!

If Brown is injured and can't go for his international call-up, does that mean we have to play the Morecambe game next weekend? Or is it too late now it's already been rearranged?

If Brown is injured and can't go for his international call-up, does that mean we have to play the Morecambe game next weekend? Or is it too late now it's already been rearranged?
This is worrying me too because the BBC and official website still state the match is on at the weekend.

KR said that he would put Brown on the plane himself if he needed to.

Good to see they've now moved the Morecambe match to the Tuesday on the official site fixture list.

Back
Top Bottom