International News Israel Palestine conflict

The reason that people hold the Israeli government to a higher standard is because of what 6 million Jews went through in the extermination camps in the Second World War.

To have had that done to a group of people based on their blood line is inexcusable. For that group of people to have gone through that and then treat the Palestinians in the way that they have is deplorable.

Yes they had every right to go after hamas.

They do not have the right to go after the Palestinian people or to make further land grabs.

It strikes me that this is convenient for Netanyahu, and I have no idea how Hamas managed that on the 7th October.

I’m also frustrated by the reporting of the retaliation by Iran on Israel. I cannot understand why it wasn’t called a retaliatory strike, following Israel’s attacks on Irans sovereignty.

The reason that people hold the Israeli government to a higher standard is because of what 6 million Jews went through in the extermination camps in the Second World War.

To have had that done to a group of people based on their blood line is inexcusable. For that group of people to have gone through that and then treat the Palestinians in the way that they have is deplorable.

Yes they had every right to go after hamas.

They do not have the right to go after the Palestinian people or to make further land grabs.

It strikes me that this is convenient for Netanyahu, and I have no idea how Hamas managed that on the 7th October.

I’m also frustrated by the reporting of the retaliation by Iran on Israel. I cannot understand why it wasn’t called a retaliatory strike, following Israel’s attacks on Irans sovereignty.
Errrrrrrrr 🙄😲

You’re right. What was I thinking? Well thought out argument you made there.
The Jews have to obey a different moral standard because they were exterminated en masse?. I believe that might be gaslighting

You infer that Netanyahu somehow facilitated all this and so it’s the inference it’s the Jews to blame and they bought this upon themselves when over a thousand people were killed, raped , tortured and mutilated.

I’m not going to engage in a debate. I just found your post a little much

Last edited:
The Jews have to obey a different moral standard because they were exterminated en masse?. I believe that might be gaslighting

You infer that Netanyahu somehow facilitated all this and so it’s the inference it’s the Jews to blame and they bought this upon themselves when over a thousand people were killed, raped , tortured and mutilated.

I’m not going to engage in a debate. I just found your post a little much
So you think that a group of a people that has been put through hell are ok to put this on anther group?

Damned right they should be held to a high standard. In the same way that we and all of our allies should be held to a high standard.

I didn’t infer anything of the sort. What I inferred was that I had no idea how hamas breached one of the most protected boarders on the planet almost freely and managed to cause a mass of human tragedy over many hours, and escaped with an awful lot of hostages.

I also inferred that Netanyahu has personally benefited from this because he has faced an awful lot of corruption allegations and clinging onto power by aligning with the far right was his only ticket to saving his own skin from prison.

I do think that calling what Iran did should have been referred to as a retaliatory strike because Israel had fired a misile at a consulate killing 13 people. If that had happened to the UK we’d have sent 300 odd misfiles back in the other direction.

But rather than debate you go ahead and stamp your feet, cross your arms, and tell me I’m gaslighting.

• React
Reactions: QR
So you think that a group of a people that has been put through hell are ok to put this on anther group?

Damned right they should be held to a high standard. In the same way that we and all of our allies should be held to a high standard.

I didn’t infer anything of the sort. What I inferred was that I had no idea how hamas breached one of the most protected boarders on the planet almost freely and managed to cause a mass of human tragedy over many hours, and escaped with an awful lot of hostages.

I also inferred that Netanyahu has personally benefited from this because he has faced an awful lot of corruption allegations and clinging onto power by aligning with the far right was his only ticket to saving his own skin from prison.

I do think that calling what Iran did should have been referred to as a retaliatory strike because Israel had fired a misile at a consulate killing 13 people. If that had happened to the UK we’d have sent 300 odd misfiles back in the other direction.

But rather than debate you go ahead and stamp your feet, cross your arms, and tell me I’m gaslighting.

I think the difference between high and higher is significant here.

Standards should be standards. Across the board.

Interesting quote on the BBC earlier: 'Only about an hour ago, an Iranian analyst told Iranian state TV that "Mini drones shot down by air defences in Isfahan were flown by infiltrators from inside Iran", downplaying the reports that Israel had conducted the attack.'

Take care 🤝

I'm confused, you hold Israel to a higher standard because some of their ancestors were in the Holocaust? Do you hold Cambodians and Rwandan's, to name a couple, to a higher standard too? If you had said Israel portrays itself as a Western democracy and is held to the same standards, therefore, as Western democracies, you may have had an argument.

I know this will come as something of a surprise to you, but you might want to know that the BBC also has a news channel and a number of radio stations that don't churn out a diet of light entertainment and game shows, including the World Service, which plays a major part in delivering news to countries throughout the world that don't have a free press.

Still, I guess GB News have interesting viewpoint on this conflict and I'm sure you are utilising a wide range of international news sources.
GB News lol - the same boring right wing non-entities brought out as the "expert" panel - stunningly unbiased stuff that

Why should we and our allies be held to a 'high standard', while our enemies are not?