Ex Player Jack Stevens

More clean sheets but his overall saves to shots faced ratio is worse than Eastwood's.
From considerably less shots as well, highlighting the strength in the Vale defence towards those clean sheets.

most accounts, how would you know, genuine question ?

A combination of Port Vale fans I’ve spoken to, those on social media and the widely available GK stats available, not to mention the highlights and games I’ve watched.

Seemed to play well against Derby though, some decent saves. Hope he keeps that up.

8 clean sheets in 23 league starts this season for Port Vale.

Has our option to recall expired?

Eastwood has 3 clean sheets in 24 league starts.
Port Vale have conceded 36 goals in 27 matches
Oxford U have conceded 33 goals in 28 matches

• Wow
Reactions: Ian
Asked a Vale fan whether Stevens was rightly dropped?

"I would say yes. He started well but has been really susceptible to long shots. His distribution as well had been pretty shambolic. However, recently he seems to be getting worse, particularly his command of his area which has disappeared. Not sure if it's a by product of the defense in front of him going to pot, but Stone probably deserves a few games to stake a claim.

When he first came to us I was really disappointed he signed a new contract with you cause I wanted him at the end of the year, now I'm chuffed
"

Interesting to read that his weaknesses from last season seem to have come back into his game, even with a different coaching setup.

Asked a Vale fan whether Stevens was rightly dropped?

"I would say yes. He started well but has been really susceptible to long shots. His distribution as well had been pretty shambolic. However, recently he seems to be getting worse, particularly his command of his area which has disappeared. Not sure if it's a by product of the defense in front of him going to pot, but Stone probably deserves a few games to stake a claim.

When he first came to us I was really disappointed he signed a new contract with you cause I wanted him at the end of the year, now I'm chuffed
"

Interesting to read that his weaknesses from last season seem to have come back into his game, even with a different coaching setup.
Not sure any of that is a huge surprise to any Oxford supporters?

Neither Eastwood or Stevens are good enough. It’s not a difficult conversation once you strip out the sentiment. Harsh but true. All keepers will have moments so I don’t really care about this save or that save with Easty - has he been more a part of why we’re down the league or the reason it’s not worse? I’d argue he’s part of why we’re not very good. Stevens doesn’t fix that but could improve under a real galvaniser in charge. Wouldn’t chance it myself - we need to spend.

He looks a good keeper to me, all I can think of is that Stevenage are trying before they buy in readiness for next season. Very strange though.

most accounts, how would you know, genuine question ?
Stevens let in saveable shots last season. Him and Eastwood are about level with each other, both have strong points and weak points. We should be looking for better than both as both are okay at this level but the football we played before this season. neither are adept at with the ball at their feet, like a Jordan Archer type of keeper

I’m confused. I thought Steve’s was the greatest keeper since Gordon Banks and KR was a moron for ousting him, or something.
he’s probably better than Eastwood just about imo but both are guilty of pulling off worldies & then letting in an absolute stinker. Think we could do better than both imo. Mcginty was that signing in the clubs eyes I’d imagine but I’m not sure he is but we won’t find out if he doesn’t play.

Back
Top Bottom