Manager/Coach KREXIT: The 'Robbo Out' thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Karl will be here until Boxing Day at least.

Where we are placed for the Charlton home game will be key with the January window looming & owners coming over.

The board expect us to be in contention for top 6.

Especially with a live fans forum being held at some stage in December.

Forest Green/Accrington/Barnsley/Sheffield Wednesday & Ipswich before that Charlton home game in L1 & Exeter in the cup which we should really be winning & putting ourselves in the 3rd round.

Let’s see where we are at full time at Portman Road in just over 5 weeks!
The thing is, if the owners only expect us to be in contention for top 6 you could argue that mid table 7-8 points away from the play off places is still achieving that? I’d hope they have bigger aspirations than just being in contention at the mid point of the season with the money that‘s reputedly been made available.

You only need to look at the team top of the league and 4 points clear, and 14 points ahead of the final play off place as of this morning, to see what should have been possible if we’d have recruited well and been able to land the right players. This season we could have smashed this league if we’d properly built on what we already had here at the end of last season, that’s what’s so frustrating.

Reality is its a lot of both. Why is everything painted black and white on this forum when it is always inevitably a shade of grey?
Recruitment was poor but so has the form of key players.
But if recruitment had been better, we would've been able to drop those "key" players who were underperforming.

That's the most infuriating thing about all of this, bringing in a load of players who underperform is one thing, but bringing in a load of players who can't even get on the pitch to underperform, because they were never physically or mentally up to it in the first place, so haven't even featured, is inexcusable.

Last edited:
If you genuinely believe luck is behind our results, will you give Karl some leeway for suggesting bad luck is what puts us where we are? Surely your point here gives legs to his argument?

You can’t have ‘luck’ meaning one thing when he says it, and another when you say it. He (the team) is either where he is on luck or on merit - think about it. Which is it? Right now I’d say we’re exactly where we deserve to be and luck has nothing to do with our season.

If Faz is here as a troubleshooter then what is there really to moan about as long as it works? Sure, we’d rather Karl leave. But that obviously isn’t what the board want - they seem to want to develop him.

Now, did we or did we not say if he wasn’t going to be removed that the next best thing would be to put somebody in there to question his decisions? I think many, many forum members argued for this. Faz is seemingly that person for now. And Karl is not some sort of special case needing his hand held - all managers have a pretty hefty entourage. In fact, Karl has surrounded himself with nobody of use and it’s time he had to hear another point of view from somebody who has enough experience and confidence in their ability to challenge his ideas.

It’s not stupid from TW if this is his doing. By throwing Faz on to the desk next to Karl, he’s designed a scenario where Karl let’s go of some of the control and becomes more accepting of help from others or he forces his own exit by refusing the regime and completely isolates himself as the problem. Choice is his, I suppose.

But all the above said, judge him by all means. But judge him fairly. Picking up on his language only to then use it for your own argument against him is daft.
If that is the case then that could come back to bite them on their arses

But if recruitment had been better, we would've been able to drop those "key" players who were underperforming.

That's the most infuriating thing about all of this, bringing in a load of players who underperform is one thing, but bringing in a load of players who can't even get on the pitch to underperform, because they were never physically or mentally up to it in the first place, so haven't even featured, is inexcusable.
Or, better yet, they wouldn’t be underperforming in the first place because there’s competition for their place. There are exceptions but a player should never feel as though their place in the team is guaranteed. I’ve always taken issue with a player going somewhere for guaranteed football. No… if you’re that good, earn your place and prove it.

If I remember rightly we have 2 squad places that we could fill , maybe 3 ! Hopefully we are ahead in the recruitment department for January's transfer window to strengthen the squad with a full compliment of players ! Of course we could de register long term injured players making more spaces available for loans maybe ! Like to see Mous move into a managerial junior position at O.U.F.C. , great servant to the club and football ! No comment on Robbo 👎

If I remember rightly we have 2 squad places that we could fill , maybe 3 ! Hopefully we are ahead in the recruitment department for January's transfer window to strengthen the squad with a full compliment of players ! Of course we could de register long term injured players making more spaces available for loans maybe ! Like to see Mous move into a managerial junior position at O.U.F.C. , great servant to the club and football ! No comment on Robbo 👎
We were apparently ahead in the summer and not a lot there to improve or strengthen the squad.

If you genuinely believe luck is behind our results, will you give Karl some leeway for suggesting bad luck is what puts us where we are? Surely your point here gives legs to his argument?

You can’t have ‘luck’ meaning one thing when he says it, and another when you say it. He (the team) is either where he is on luck or on merit - think about it. Which is it? Right now I’d say we’re exactly where we deserve to be and luck has nothing to do with our season.

If Faz is here as a troubleshooter then what is there really to moan about as long as it works? Sure, we’d rather Karl leave. But that obviously isn’t what the board want - they seem to want to develop him.

Now, did we or did we not say if he wasn’t going to be removed that the next best thing would be to put somebody in there to question his decisions? I think many, many forum members argued for this. Faz is seemingly that person for now. And Karl is not some sort of special case needing his hand held - all managers have a pretty hefty entourage. In fact, Karl has surrounded himself with nobody of use and it’s time he had to hear another point of view from somebody who has enough experience and confidence in their ability to challenge his ideas.

It’s not stupid from TW if this is his doing. By throwing Faz on to the desk next to Karl, he’s designed a scenario where Karl let’s go of some of the control and becomes more accepting of help from others or he forces his own exit by refusing the regime and completely isolates himself as the problem. Choice is his, I suppose.

But all the above said, judge him by all means. But judge him fairly. Picking up on his language only to then use it for your own argument against him is daft.
If you wish to quote someone please do so correctly, rather than for your own ends. What I actually said was "we have been lucky to have played teams that haven't taken their chances,". Simply my opinion.
Again, you say I have moaned in the post, where?

"And Karl is not some sort of special case." Unfortunately there are too many people who see him as just this, which keeps him in a job.

The only judgement I make, is on his abysmal transfer dealings over 9 windows, the poor start to the season, after having had a top 4ish budget too capitalise on, how easily he throws people under the bus, blaming all bar himself, his treatment of players over his tenure, from Jodi Jones to Pekalski, poor tactical decisions, and how he crows on about social issues, for which he has no regards.

As I say at the end of last season, I felt he should go, and genuine progression within the club will come. We have achieved nothing in his time year on the field, its all become groundhog day, season after season.
I've put up with the Mark Wrights and Brian Talbots, cringed when Kemp and Patterson were in charge, enjoyed the Diaz rollercoaster, cried at the thought of the Thames Valley Royals and rattled buckets in the rain hour after hour to pay wages at the club.

Yet in 45 years of supporting the club, for the first time Saturdays now mean something else for the most part, even as a season ticket holder, rather than pretending to support a team managed by a charlatan, who seems to fool so many people and get away with it.

People make their own choices, good luck to them, and should not be criticised for it. I see the fantastic appt of Steve Kinniburgh, as a knowledgeable advocate of the game, as a first step. He has strong opinions, not being afraid to criticise robinson on air if warranted.

Who knows we might win the league, then again we might lose out on the boards aim of promotion, for this season. But the thought of the pre-recorded end of season diatribe of excuses, I'm going to avoid this season.

KR won't go. Maybe if we lose the plum opportunity for the FA Cup 3rd round and start losing in November and start of December.

What is clear however is we don't have the nous or depth for anything more than mid-table. More potency up front and better options at the back than Long would have seen us home with ease today (and other games as well).

What KR doesn't seem to get through his stubborn head is that it's not just players coming back from injury, players who are feeling it every week (Moore, Brown, Brannagan) are going down for prolonged spells as they are absolutely knackered due to covering from said players. Bodin now out for a while no doubt in addition to Joseph. And so the attacking options dwindle more and more.

And this after going seven unbeaten! Blimey!

I don’t think todays result & performance is a reason to go after KR.

The failure to build a balanced squad is the reason which led to a tired, injury prone performance today.

I feel for the players.

I feel sorry for the players.

The same group playing every week. No changes etc.

Grafted their B*****s off at Woking 48 hours ago.

No help from the manager in squad building with his shambolic transfers.

Passengers at the football club who aren’t playing for a whole host of reasons.

Kyle Joseph, Sam Baldock, Josh Murphy, Yanic Wildschut, Oisin Smyth, Jodi Jones..

Then we have players like John Mousinho & Alex Gorrin on the bench when neither are fit enough to contribute much this season.

I’m just so sick of it.

Well that was fun wasn't it ....if we didn't have Eastwood we would have lost that today the port vale game was like 5 step forwards but today we were back to rubbish...I was going to go next week but I really can't be bothered I've paid enough for the privilege of sitting there every league home game I can't be arsed wasting more money

I feel sorry for the players.

The same group playing every week. No changes etc.

Grafted their B*****s off at Woking 48 hours ago.

No help from the manager in squad building with his shambolic transfers.

Passengers at the football club who aren’t playing for a whole host of reasons.

Kyle Joseph, Sam Baldock, Josh Murphy, Yanic Wildschut, Oisin Smyth, Jodi Jones..

Then we have players like John Mousinho & Alex Gorrin on the bench when neither are fit enough to contribute much this season.

I’m just so sick of it.
Kyle Joseph was injured in a game and Jodi Jones is being frozen out by Robinson.

But I agree, I too am sick of it.

I expect attendances to drop. Christmas, the current economic climate and the absolute shyte Robinson is dishing up will make people think, why bother!
He has to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom