Manager/Coach KREXIT: The 'Robbo Out' thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let’s look at it from KR’s position too, yes he might get a very nice severance but for the last 12 months his stock and standing within the game has fallen. Like many managers he has a big ego, but to my mind I suspect he’s very insecure and desperately wants to be admired and respected.

How long is he happy to see his reputation within the game decline?

At the moment it appears as if the board is giving KR the chance to improve our league position, but at the same time he could be digging a deeper hole for himself.

I do wonder if there will be some sort of negotiated settlement in time that will suit both parties rather than an outright sacking or resignation.

The feeling in the ground, generally, is more 'Meh' though isn't it. Still not any sustained chanting of much note. Nothing like the 'Horton Out' chants from back in the day that were really vocal, or even the 'Smith Out' ones.

Social Media is always dominated by the more shouty. The majority tend to keep quieter. Same on here.
I am firmly in the 'we need a change' camp. But on matchday I always want us to get as many points and to play as well as we can. So even when we aren't playing well, it's a pretty rare thing for me to do much other than grumble quietly since I don't think it helps the players and shouting negative stuff at the representatives of my club when I am willing them to succeed just seems a bit odd. I haven't been for a few weeks (poorly wife) but even a few weeks ago those around me - who are pretty much hard core constant ST holders who are there year after year - thought change was needed, some reluctantly. There's not much chance of the block of us getting up and chanting against the manager though. Yet.

I want the board to show that they are capable of and prepared to make a decision based on footballing rather than financial grounds!

I don't think I can add anything that hasn't already been said.

As I've said previously, we are in a holding pattern that harms both the club and KR. Near 11 months of evidence show us this is set to continue.

Taking results alone, KR is doing just enough to bumble on. The occasional decent win coupled with a few battling halves of football - I don't think thats what Thohir/Bakrie had in mind when they let KR loose with the money in the summer.

The entire feeling is one of apathy. People are bored.

With KR's increasing defensiveness to perfectly reasonable questions leads me to wonder if KR at this point, is looking for the sack. Not actively losing matches etc, he obviously still cares, but wouldn't it be best for both parties to go their separate ways?

My hope is that Williams is implementing some structure around KR, that is independent of him, which makes a transition to a new manager easier. Gradually grappling some control away from KR is clearly a challenge, he has been used to having (by the looks of it) free rein, surrounding himself with non threatening personalities.

Williams at the ground daily will add pressure to KR. Kinniburgh doesn't look to be a KR man. Maybe we are getting our ducks in a row before taking decisive action?

Anyway, its all ramblings. The situation is a mess. We missed the boat to pull the trigger several games ago - now until Christmas will be more of the same if the board fail to act. We will then be faced with another KR window (if he's still here) failing to address the squad issues, being single minded in the players he wants, flapping around at the last minute throwing contracts to ageing players that can barely make it on the pitch. What a W

How could we poll every fan? I'm just going off the feeling in the ground, social media and on here. If its not half I will eat my hat.
does that not then suggest that there is a virtual 50/50 divide on opinion, so therefore those that matter could possibly be seen as taking a sensible view at this point for now !. Now that might not sit well with the alleged 50% that want him gone but if your picked out of thin air figure is the base then it is what it is.

it might be said that the new regime have and are doing great work for the club both on and off the pitch but it does seem that can be conveniently ignored because a group of people dislike an employee as both a person and as the Manager of the club they support.

Reading that this is not KR United but Our club one minute, but then inferring that fans will walk away unless he is removed, so which is it as it cannot be both.

There are a number of people around the UK who wished they still had a choice of going or not but their clubs are no longer there.

I would also suggest that there are ways of making a point without need to attach Labels to said person such as Gobbo etc and that without it,your point might be seen as worth debating.

That applies to all of us Btw

So just because they have loads of money and promise the earth it means we can't question them when things aren't going right? We're nowhere near the championship, we've gone backwards this season if you hadn't noticed.
I don't call questioning them calling them names and saying they talk out of their arses ..that's more your abuse which is uncalled for.
Yes they are not trigger happy which is actually to there credit but they will be ruthless I'm quite certain.

So the other option is stick with a manager playing god awful football with over half the fanbase wanting him out. Tell me again why we need an 18k stadium when we will barely get 6k at home the longer this carries on.
I am saying think back 12 months, did you want him gone because of the on field product. People were saying, hey look we cannot expect to keep conceding 2 and having to get 3, it was tense and very exciting.

As i've stated here several times, it's time to forget for now the ball playing centre back, the likes of Findlay and Brown are your old school no nonsense defender that are there to try help us become harder to beat.

As for the Highest Budget that keeps popping up, once again it's yes there was/ is more money but we are still fishing in the same pond. We cannot target your 15k per week players that others have.

I am saying think back 12 months, did you want him gone because of the on field product. People were saying, hey look we cannot expect to keep conceding 2 and having to get 3, it was tense and very exciting.

As i've stated here several times, it's time to forget for now the ball playing centre back, the likes of Findlay and Brown are your old school no nonsense defender that are there to try help us become harder to beat.

As for the Highest Budget that keeps popping up, once again it's yes there was/ is more money but we are still fishing in the same pond. We cannot target your 15k per week players that others have.

All the teams above us have fished in the same pond as us and most with lower budgets. How many of them have failed to fill the squad allocation and have at least one player for every position.

Horseman I do admire your - and all the other KR supporters - loyalty. I mean that sincerely. I says a lot about you as people and I wish I was the same! But I just don’t see how KR can turn things around now. We have a threadbare squad, and suspensions and injuries are just going to make the situation worse. The exciting, attacking football has all but vanished and KR himself just doesn’t seem to be the same person as he was when he arrived. Massive mistakes have been made due to distractions or arrogance. Do you genuinely see him turning things around and getting us challenging for promotion now? I’m really looking for something to get optimistic about again 😁

Always makes me smile when I see Appleton’s name come up and then a trickle of people run down one of only five managers in Oxford United’s history to achieve promotion in the football league. Not to mention the fact that the players we had under him were the best since the eighties by a country mile, and we were every bit as entertaining as we’ve been at times in the last 2/3 years. We regularly demolished teams, but did so with power and authority. We were ballsy as well as brilliant.

Where we were when he arrived and where we were when he left us is the mark of a man who did a wonderful job for the club. He was dignified, professional and left things in a much better way than when he showed up. He deserves respect. I get why Karl Robinson feels jealous and intimidated by Michael Appleton’s achievements and is dismissive of them, which he has been to my face in front of multiple people so there is zero speculation in that, but I don’t get why a single supporter seems to share in his insecurity.

What a number this man has done on some people.

I watched the highlights of last years away game (by mistake 😂) but was surprised by how pacy we were compared to this year. I suspected this was the case but it’s amazingly different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom