Manager/Coach KREXIT: The 'Robbo Out' thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been reading /listening to some of KR recent interviews/comments, and I've come to the conclusion that KR is a f*****g maniac.

The amount of shite he spouts in order to justify his mistakes and incompetence is astounding. The way he constantly contradicts himself, in order to justify his bullshit narratives is mind blowing.

He has "admitted" that Wildschut and Murphy were high risk signings, but he played them when they were nowhere near match fit, then whinged about bad luck when they got injured.
But how can it be bad luck, if they were apparently such high risk signings in the first place, as he is now claiming?

There was obvious risk attached to those two signings, but they were nowhere near as high risk a signing as Jones, who by KR own admission, had not played for 4-5 seasons when we signed him, but KR makes no mention of that as a high risk signing. If that's not a high risk signing, I don't know what is.

Even more astounding though, Jones has been fit all season, but KR has chosen to completely freeze him out, spouting a multitude of bullshit reasons for doing so.

He then recently said he has no regrets about signing Baldock, an ageing crock with an awful injury record, who got injured within a few games, then missed the rest of the season, so KR signed him on a TWO YEAR deal, while he was STILL INJURED, then as he was recovering, he got injured AGAIN, and hasn't even been close to featuring this entire season. But for some reason, this is not considered a high risk signing, and KR has no regrets in signing him.

He also brings in Smyth, then totally freezes him out, without ever giving him a chance, saying he's going out on loan, then pulling the plug on that loan, now he again says he's going out on loan.

Honestly, working with KR must be like working with a madman.

Time will tell of course, but I'm starting to seriously question the entire boards competence, if they're trusting him with another transfer window budget.

We can only hope they've learned from previous windows, when it was as if careless parents had just handed their credit card to their child, and sent him to the supermarket, only for him to come back with a load of expensive tacky sweets and rotten veg.

Hopefully they will have a tighter grip on him this time around...

He did say Baldock was a high risk signing?
He didn’t say Wildschut was, in fact Wildschut had some of the best medical results the team has ever seen.
Baldock contract isn’t straight forward either and reflects his age and injury record.
I was surprised that Baldock started on Oxford City's artificial pitch in pre-season
He's not been seen since apart from at Exeter away when he was on the bench but not fit

He didn’t say Wildschut was, in fact Wildschut had some of the best medical results the team has ever seen.
Baldock contract isn’t straight forward either and reflects his age and injury record.

Please don’t use the Wildschut comment Steve, please just don’t.

He came out with a statement that is impossible in sports science. I’ve tried letting it go by not mentioning it but that’s the first time I’ve seen someone mention it.

It’s one of his worst lies I’ve heard yet.

I was surprised that Baldock started on Oxford City's artificial pitch in pre-season
He's not been seen since apart from at Exeter away when he was on the bench but not fit

He was put on the bench at Exeter and didn’t even warm up. He was throwing balls to the strikers in the finishing drills.

Jones & Goodrham sat in the stands.

It’s literally and I mean literally impossible to defend. Why it’s never been questioned is beyond me, it’s a f*****g disgrace.

Frankly, Steve, your continuing support of the unsupportable is pathetic. I despair with your unjustified support of KR, I really do. He should have been dismissed months ago.

I could think of a much more straight forward contract, that reflected his age and injury record......

NO CONTRACT AT ALL!!!!
Oh come on - there was something of a wankfest on here when he signed and I had a lovely feeling in my loins when I heard he had, it just hasn’t worked out.

Oh come on - there was something of a wankfest on here when he signed and I had a lovely feeling in my loins when I heard he had, it just hasn’t worked out.
Likewise, oh come on! There was nothing like your colourful 'fest'. The guy's only played around 80 games in the past 6 seasons and that includes 'sub' appearances. Baldock should never have been offered a two year contract.

I don’t think anyone realistically thought he’d play more than 20 games at best though did they..?

I've been reading /listening to some of KR recent interviews/comments, and I've come to the conclusion that KR is a f*****g maniac.

The amount of shite he spouts in order to justify his mistakes and incompetence is astounding. The way he constantly contradicts himself, in order to justify his bullshit narratives is mind blowing.

He has "admitted" that Baldock and Murphy were high risk signings, but then whinged about bad luck when they got injured.
But how can it be bad luck, if they were apparently such high risk signings in the first place, as he is now claiming?

He also played Wildschut in preseason, less than 24 hours after he arrived at the club, when he was nowhere near fit enough, then whinged about bad luck when he got injured.

There was obvious risk attached to certain signings, but they were nowhere near as high risk a signing as Jones, who by KR own admission, had not played for 4-5 seasons when we signed him, but KR makes no mention of that as a high risk signing. If that's not a high risk signing, I don't know what is.

Even more astounding though, Jones has been fit all season, but KR has chosen to completely freeze him out, spouting a multitude of bullshit reasons for doing so.

He then recently said he has no regrets about signing Baldock, an ageing crock with an awful injury record, who got injured within a few games, then missed the rest of the season, so KR signed him on a TWO YEAR deal, while he was STILL INJURED, then as he was recovering, he got injured AGAIN, and hasn't even been close to featuring this entire season. But even though he was a high risk signing that has turned out to be a waste of time nightmare signing, KR has no regrets in signing him.

He also brings in Smyth, then totally freezes him out, without ever giving him a chance, saying he's going out on loan, then pulling the plug on that loan, now he again says he's going out on loan.

Time will tell of course, but I'm starting to seriously question the entire boards competence, if they're trusting him with another transfer window budget.

We can only hope they've learned from previous windows, when it was as if careless parents had just handed their credit card to their child, and sent him to the supermarket, only for him to come back with a load of expensive tacky sweets and rotten veg.

"He also played Wildschut in preseason, less than 24 hours after he arrived at the club, when he was nowhere near fit enough, then whinged about bad luck when he got injured."
Spot on.
He should not have been on the field during that friendly. Anyone who was at Wimbledon, could see he looked he size of a rugby player and quite lethargic. The decision to bring him on was quite incredulous, when there was no real need to force his debut.

Wildschut may well have a great medical record, but robinson should never have played him last July/August at Wimbledon. He was clearly over weight, and huffed and puffed, and it was clear he should have stayed on the bench.

Both during the fans forum and on the preview for Saturdays game on YouTube, I have never seen such a negative demeaner shown by robinson:
Head in hands/looking at the desk and floor/the odd huff and puff. Its like he doesn't want to be there, or he feels like a beaten man.

Likewise, oh come on! There was nothing like your colourful 'fest'. The guy's only played around 80 games in the past 6 seasons and that includes 'sub' appearances. Baldock should never have been offered a two year contract.
Er - have a look at the link below at all the posts made on 16/17 May when the signing was announced - this forum was very much in favour. A couple of people said it was a bit risky but masses of praise for the signing and no negative posts when the signing was made. Even @greatunclekip was moist at the prospect. You’re entitled to your opinion of course.

Er - have a look at the link below at all the posts made on 16/17 May when the signing was announced - this forum was very much in favour. A couple of people said it was a bit risky but masses of praise for the signing and no negative posts when the signing was made. Even @greatunclekip was moist at the prospect. You’re entitled to your opinion of course.

Yep. I stand by what I said. He is absolutely class at this level. Did I think he would be the only forward signing at that point? No I did not.

And that's the crux. A player of the absolute quality of Baldock is always worth a level of risk. But bringing him in as your only forward signing- come on!

It was an absolutely idiotic decision by Robbo to do that.

Last edited:

He has "admitted" that Baldock and Murphy were high risk signings, but then whinged about bad luck when they got injured.

He also played Wildschut in preseason, less than 24 hours after he arrived at the club, when he was nowhere near fit enough, then whinged about bad luck when he got injured.

There was obvious risk attached to certain signings, but they were nowhere near as high risk a signing as Jones, who by KR own admission, had not played for 4-5 seasons when we signed him, but KR makes no mention of that as a high risk signing. If that's not a high risk signing, I don't know what is.

He then recently said he has no regrets about signing Baldock, an ageing crock with an awful injury record, who got injured within a few games, then missed the rest of the season, so KR signed him on a TWO YEAR deal, while he was STILL INJURED, then as he was recovering, he got injured AGAIN, and hasn't even been close to featuring this entire season. But even though he was a high risk signing that has turned out to be a waste of time nightmare signing, KR has no regrets in signing him.

100%agree with your post !! It would seem K R is gambling other people's money on high risk signings !

Yep. I stand by what I said. He is absolutely class at this level. Did I think he would be the only forward signing at that point? No I did not.

And that's the crux. A player of the absolute quality of Baldock is always worth a level of risk. But bringing him in as your only forward signing- come on!

It was an absolutely idiotic decision by Robbo to do that.

Kyle Joseph.

Club knew Baldock was fucked after the Oxford City friendly. They had plenty of time to replace him.

Maybe they tried ?

Seems like we missed out on 3 players on deadline day, one was a LB and this is a genuine question as
i may well have missed something, what about the other 2 ?

Maybe they tried ?

Seems like we missed out on 3 players on deadline day, one was a LB and this is a genuine question as
i may well have missed something, what about the other 2 ?

They left it till deadline day & tried signing Ian Wrights grandson from Stoke on loan.

#ambition

I guess the reason Robinson doesn’t include Baldock as a risk is because he chooses to view it from a purely financial standpoint if his contract is as we believe. However it’s a massive gamble in a small squad when Taylor is aging too. Regardless of what he says Baldock was the biggest risk of all.

I’m afraid Baldock, Jones, Browne and Gorrin were all risks preseason.
Browne was well worth it, and maybe Baldock but city put a end to that.
Heard we tried for Lavery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom