Ex-Staff Liam Manning

I can just remember Bristol City in the top flight - I think they had two spells. Gerry Gow, Tom Ritchie, jumpers for goalposts, etc etc.

Agree that for a long time they seem to have been in exactly the same place.
I think that the comment that they have never been in the top flight is a 'Sky' comment. So there was no top flight that mattered until the PL was formed.

It happens. If they’re good they go up if they’re bad they get sacked.

This isn’t about Manning but succession planning by the club.

We should have a person ready to step in. What happens next is what really matters.

I will be livid if we end up with Steven Kinneborough in temporary charge, with a couple of senior players as the coaching staff.

Is the delay in announcing it due to a tug of war between Manning and Williams over Hogg? Manning with a PowerPoint presentation in one corner and Williams with spreadsheets in the other? Which way will Hogg go?

What is taking so long, I wonder? I was expecting a morning announcement. Could there be a chance that he stays?

How long is this farce going to drag on. ???

Only just ticking onto 24hours since a 'reliable' outlet published that it was likely to actually be happening.
If the official approach/trigger only happened yesterday (which given the timing of news breaking seems pretty likely), then with the amount of legals involved (potentially for multiple people), I'd be shocked if they'd managed to get it wrapped up and ready to be announced this side of lunchtime.

As is the case with player transfer announcements as well- the clubs involved will agree on a time between them once they know it is 100% completed. It doesn't get signed and announced immediately anymore.
No doubt Bristol City's media team will have spent the morning creating their graphics/video for the announcement. They may want to line up a convenient time for their local media also.
Ours will be in preparation for tonight's game and doing BAU stuff.

Last edited:
Something definitely needs to be sorted and announced before tonight’s game.

Only just ticking onto 24hours since a 'reliable' outlet published that it was likely to actually be happening.
If the official approach/trigger only happened yesterday (which given the timing of news breaking seems pretty likely), then with the amount of legals involved (potentially for multiple people), I'd be shocked if they'd managed to get it wrapped up and ready to be announced this side of lunchtime.

As is the case with player transfer announcements as well- the clubs involved will agree on a time between them once they know it is 100% completed. It doesn't get signed and announced immediately anymore.
No doubt Bristol City's media team will have spent the morning creating their graphics/video for the announcement. They may want to line up a convenient time for their local media also.
Ours will be in preparation for tonight's game and doing BAU stuff.

I think the problem is we have a game tonight only the paint pot but still I don’t like my football club being made to look like C***s.

Back
Top Bottom