Manager/Coach Life After Manning - New Manager Search

Who do you want as the next OUFC manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
interesting name entered the betting, Scott Gardner Leeds Uts U18 manager, assumethisd just means hes applied (33/1)
Saw that a few days ago. Its so random that there might be something in it. Suspect he has applied and that someone who knows him might have chucked a tenner on. Appears too early in his coaching career to be considered for this kind of role though and don't think he gets passed the first post.

Now the interviews have started, I suspect the big name links (Lampard etc) will face away.

I think the club, sensibly, are looking for someone of a similar ilk to Manning with a preference fo someone to be appointed this week. Sure we will see some new names enter the betting!
This is the stage where we might see some itk journalists and accounts link some names (beyond writing lazy stories based on the odds). Even if someone obvious gets its, its really interesting to learn more about the 'types' of people the club shortlist. The fact that people like McCarthy and Grant were shortlisted/taken seriously last time around is super interesting and a good steer on what the club is thinking.

Craig short said he doesn't want the job.

This is also a fact.

Quite, and I believe him when he said that.

I suspect he’s enjoyed the last couple of games, why wouldn’t he? A club that has been transformed on and off the field since the last time he took the temporary reigns, I bet he didn’t enjoy those defeats back in March quite as much. It was a complete s**t show back then, on and off the field.

But as Short has acknowledged whoever takes over as the next manager/coach, they get to inherit a much better balanced squad of players than he briefly and consequently Manning did. The transformation from then until now has been remarkable.

With Des Buckingham and Luke Williams the two names that have been mentioned a fair bit, I’m interested to know if in their managerial careers to date have they always had the same team of assistants around them? Namely, coach, analyst and goal keeping coach, ie have they built up a background staff that they’d like to bring with them?

When John Eustace was sacked at Birmingham. Did his backroom staff get the boot too?

I think is likely that the calibre of applicants is thru the roof in comparison to when Liam Manning got the gig.
Would Manning have got through this time around!?

I’d like to think the club were proactive, keeping track of potential names that could come in should Manning leave.

However, now he’s gone I feel they were pleasantly surprised by the up take of application some of which probably seemed “unrealistic” when looking at managers.

I’d imagine, some more first interviews early this week, second interviews later on and maybe an announcement Friday/Saturday to give them a week for the next game!

Very Excited to see who’s next!

Imagine we will see Matt Taylor (the Rotherham one, not the struggling Shrewsbury one) enter the betting soon if he is being sacked, as reported.

Imagine we will see Matt Taylor (the Rotherham one, not the struggling Shrewsbury one) enter the betting soon if he is being sacked, as reported.
I’m not sure he will be in the right state of mind to take us forward

On Craig Short, I think what’s he’s brought over the last week is a level of class, stability and leadership that I, to be honest after last season, didn’t really expect. Liked that he highlighted Price, loved the celebrations at Orient, clearly respected by the players.

He is absolutely not a candidate here, but he might prove critical in making someone like Buckingham a success by providing some positive continuity and potentially offering a ready-made backroom team with the Derby guy and Hackett.

Guess this may affect who applies for our job i.e. would a decent manager rather have a bottom champ team job or a top team league 1 job. Plus northern based managers, Wilder etc may prefer to stay up north.

But then someone said Ainsworth had been seen at the ground one morning.................
Ainsworth gets alot of unjust stick on this forum I think. He did an amazing job at Wycombe, and was totally the wrong appointment for QPR.

He isn't the right fit for us. I think we all know that. But by all accounts he is a genuine, good guy. I don't think there's any agro toward us from him side. Unsure why we give it back.

Hopefully with the recruitment team still in place, bar Kruase (if ever he was involved), it will help Des Buckingham if he is chosen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom