General Local Elections and the New Stadium

Having read a few things on here, would it be a good PR exercise for any or all of the Supporters groups to maybe be proactive in the Kidlington area e.g. donating to the Cherwell Larder and other local good causes. Even it doesn't impact any stadium decision it would be a very good bit of publicity for football fans in general and who knows could sway a few anti-staidum viewpoints?

No news on Kidlington results yet

Disappointed here, Labour held Cowley and Littlemore. LTN parties being voted for.

I concede defeat.

No news on Kidlington results yet

Disappointed here, Labour held Cowley and Littlemore. LTN parties being voted for.

I concede defeat.
Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't LTNs a county council thing not City Council

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't LTNs a county council thing not City Council
Yes, even if an Independent won, I was not expecting them to be removed any time soon, but for them to at least put pressure on the County.

I was talking to someone from the club at the weekend and whilst they remain confident with the new build, they said that this will not be something the club can do on their own. They need everyone of us to lobby our local representatives and show how strong local support is.
This is surely time for the supporters groups to really step up and lead this? I assume that the club are giving guidance.
A lot of people on here have lobbied their local representatives but there are an awful lot of supporters that have never been in this forum.

This is surely time for the supporters groups to really step up and lead this? I assume that the club are giving guidance.
A lot of people on here have lobbied their local representatives but there are an awful lot of supporters that have never been in this forum.
I can appreciate that the club and OxVox have been keeping a low profile on this due to the local elections and having to negotiate with the current leaseholders but hopefully there'll be a PR push once detailed plans are released.

Anyone seen anything on this? Seems to be taking a long time

Count happening today for Cherwell, results tonight/tomorrow
..... hmm does that mean Cherwell ( district council)take their time with everything- like making decision, negotiations and the like?

Reported in today's Ox Mail that there's a trio of very large railway warehouse complexes within 1/4 of a mile or so of M40 J10 being planned for greenbelt land, which ( M40/J10) falls within Cherwell DC area

Back
Top Bottom