General Modern Life...........

This isn't on you at all.

@MarkG too, restaurants have always served sharing dishes in prime numbers, it's to make you buy more. Oli's used to provide 5 leaves in their starter wraps, which was tricky between 4 - we asked for more an got 1. It's either worth it or it's not. It's your choice.

What I will not accept at all though, is that you go into restaurant that serves Italian gnocchi, Korean chicken and Vietnamese whatevers at all. What the f**k, you expect something good? It's fusion, the worst of all the worlds.

I say this as a man who has wrestled a Joburg servitor who tried to put fucking mayonnaise on sashimi to the ground.
Friends of my wife organised it and I didn’t realise the ‘concept’. To be fair each dish was good and not done in a fusion way, it was just the menu that was a jumble. If I go again I’ll demand my own plate and stick to the very good gnocchi.

This isn't on you at all.

@MarkG too, restaurants have always served sharing dishes in prime numbers, it's to make you buy more. Oli's used to provide 5 leaves in their starter wraps, which was tricky between 4 - we asked for more an got 1. It's either worth it or it's not. It's your choice.

What I will not accept at all though, is that you go into restaurant that serves Italian gnocchi, Korean chicken and Vietnamese whatevers at all. What the f**k, you expect something good? It's fusion, the worst of all the worlds.

I say this as a man who has wrestled a Joburg servitor who tried to put fucking mayonnaise on sashimi to the ground.

I can imagine at the last supper the chef was trying to work out how to serve 13 and make sure they had to order more poppadums Though Jesus probably dgaf with his loaves and fishes, and water into wine.

Well the food and service were good but it was another of those modern day nightmares - small plates! Or big tapas. So you have to share and if something is really nice you only get a bite or two of it, and you end up with a weird mix of foods like Italian gnocchi, Korean chicken, and Vietnamese whatevers. Call me old fashioned but I like my own dinner.
If you're really old fashioned it's tea.

Last edited:
Local Asda has switched to card only for petrol, shop/kiosk "vanished" after refurbishment. :rolleyes:

Our favourite Turkish restaurant (3 course meal for two - £25) remains firmly "cash only" as does our favourite Indian (4 course meal for two - £30)

Experienced diners at the Indian know you only order a starter, main & drink. If you do such, they know, and lots of "extras" arrive free. (y)

No one I know says supper. 😠 Middle class w@;(k~r.😉😊

Erm well now. I have gathered a wealth of localised mealtime knowledge travelling the length and breadth of the 'kingdom' and can reveal the truth (FACT).

Breakfast is the morning meal everywhere. Brunch is a marketing term.

The workers take dinner at lunchtime, then have tea when maister gets home from the pit and supper just before they go to bed - this last can be a malt biscuit with Horlicks or nightmare-inducing cheese on. Evening drinks are tea and beer and may be taken between tea and supper; tea is traditionally drunk with tea.

The middle class ostentatiously take lunch at lunchtime (some of them don't have breakfast as well but that's just 'fur coats and nee knickers' showing off), dinner after Nigel has returned from the office and that's about it as you shouldn't go to bed with a full gut cos it's unhealthy and makes you look pallid. Evening drinks vary with fashion, wine is frequently quaffed with dinner, specially at weekends.

The cream of society have breakfast containing at least 1 cooked element (differing daily). Lunch may therefore be skipped but if observed it is observed properly with hot food (or salad in high summer) and a tiny amount of wine, cup, Pimms or spritzer. Tea is served late afternoon (if at all) and comprises one or more of cake, scones, crumpets, toast and tea, the choice of tea may be obscure (I knew an elderly Cornishman whose idea of a cup of tea was boiled water that's had a teabag waved near it, "Good God! What's that?" when presented with a cuppa that some fool's dipped a bag in for an instant.) Tea without milk is not regarded as an affectation. Drinks succeed tea after an interval long enough to throw a game-themed tie over the checked shirt (anything goes) and supper is served between 7.30 and 9.

That's all you need to know really.

Last edited:
Erm well now. I have gathered a wealth of localised mealtime knowledge travelling the length and breadth of the 'kingdom' and can reveal the truth (FACT).

Breakfast is the morning meal everywhere. Brunch is a marketing term.

The workers take dinner at lunchtime, then have tea when maister gets home from the pit and supper just before they go to bed - this last can be a malt biscuit with Horlicks or nightmare-inducing cheese on. Evening drinks are tea and beer and may be taken between tea and supper; tea is traditionally drunk with tea.

The middle class ostentatiously take lunch at lunchtime (some of them don't have breakfast as well but that's just 'fur coats and nee knickers' showing off), dinner after Nigel has returned from the office and that's about it as you shouldn't go to bed with a full gut cos it's unhealthy and makes you look pallid. Evening drinks vary with fashion, wine is frequently quaffed with dinner, specially at weekends.

The cream of society have breakfast containing at least 1 cooked element (differing daily). Lunch may therefore be skipped but if observed it is observed properly with hot food (or salad in high summer) and a tiny amount of wine, cup, Pimms or spritzer. Tea is served late afternoon (if at all) and comprises one or more of cake, scones, crumpets, toast and tea, the choice of tea may be obscure (I knew an elderly Cornishman whose idea of a cup of tea was boiled water that's had a teabag waved near it, "Good God! What's that?" when presented with a cuppa that some fool's dipped a bag in for an instant.) Tea without milk is not regarded as an affectation. Drinks succeed tea after an interval long enough to throw a game-themed tie over the checked shirt (anything goes) and supper is served between 7.30 and 9.

That's all you need to know really.
Not much on today eh. 😉

I can imagine at the last supper the chef was trying to work out how to serve 13 and make sure they had to order more poppadums Though Jesus probably dgaf with his loaves and fishes, and water into wine.
"Table for 26 please."
"But there's only 13 of you."
"Yes, we all want to sit the same side."

Weather forecast on the tellybox.

Its no longer a "cold December day" as expected for the time of year, being Winter and all that.

Its now a "Level 3 Cold Weather Warning" and there is a "Yellow Weather Alert" for snow & cold in the Highlands of Scotland, an area renowned for well..... snow on the freaking mountains!

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

AND....... had to go into Town to do some legal stuff, I was early so thought about getting a cup of coffee.

Like many City`s we have a plethora of coffee establishments, first 3 I tried were all "Card Only".

Number 4 - "Cash Only". Get in! (y)

Weather forecast on the tellybox.

Its no longer a "cold December day" as expected for the time of year, being Winter and all that.

Its now a "Level 3 Cold Weather Warning" and there is a "Yellow Weather Alert" for snow & cold in the Highlands of Scotland, an area renowned for well..... snow on the freaking mountains!

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

AND....... had to go into Town to do some legal stuff, I was early so thought about getting a cup of coffee.

Like many City`s we have a plethora of coffee establishments, first 3 I tried were all "Card Only".

Number 4 - "Cash Only". Get in!
(y)
And you say the railway workers should modernise!! Do as I say, not as I do eh.

"Britain braced for polar BLAST next week with SNOW expected"

*Featuring picture of woman breathing into clasped hands, photoshopped over a car on an icy road*

Check the weather report to find out it'll be -1C at 4am on one day, and Ben Nevis is set to receive about 3cm of snowfall.

People must click these articles otherwise they wouldn't publish them (n)

And you say the railway workers should modernise!! Do as I say, not as I do eh.

It`s Winter - it will be cold.

Same as it has been since a very long time ago.

Where is the "modernisation" in that?

As for the card/cash issue then that is peak Ponzi scheme where there is no money........... just numbers on spreadsheets.

Well I never. 🤷‍♂️ 🤷‍♂️

Back
Top Bottom