New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

Why? It takes 20 minutes. If 500 people sent E mals it would make a big effect ( showing the strength of feeling)
Not sure that anybody behind the stadium couldn't take this short time to send a few E Mails?
How many do you think have been sent in for LTNS. Didn't do diddly squat...

Woah woah, wait a minute.

Levy VOLUNTEERED to enter discussions with OUFC around the same time that he formally objects to the stadium on the planning portal?!

This is corruption and manipulation of the highest level.

And OUFC supporters are suffering. Get Levy out NOW.
Had a message from my sister, with the Question 'is this the Lib Dem councillor playing delay games with Heads of Terms?' attached to the pic ( below) from today's OM - appears Levy is miffed with a fellow councillor as he doesn't feature highly enough for a parking space at the new county council HQ. Priorities are, Im told, important ...

437976701_413933481262777_7460512036175662206_n.jpg

Last edited:
Had a message from my sister, with the Question 'is this the Lib Dem councillor playing delay games with Heads of Terms?' attached to the pic ( below) from today's OM - appears Levy is miffed he doesn't feature highly enough for a parking space at the new county council HQ. Priorities are, Im told, important ...

View attachment 18994
I remember this section from the meeting, it's not Levy complaining. It's the Tory councillor from the Henley area who will struggle to get from his home to the new council meeting location. Normally I would probably say "tough luck" but, he does have a point. It will make it very difficult to attend meetings. Probably have to use a park & ride or park off site and charge the tax payer for expenses.

Wait a minute, why is he driving to work.

He has just told us that there will be congestion all over Oxford. A member of his own party is closing roads left right and centre unless you live in the better parts of Oxford.

These C***s are doing my f*****g head in

Manorlounger explains it just above, it isn't Levy complaining.

my sitting Lib Dem city councillor has finally got back to me

It appears shes an OUFC supporter?

RE: proposed new stadium for Oxford United

I think this could be a positive development for Oxford and Oxfordshire and understand the negotiations are ongoing with the County Council and Oxford United.

Thank you for taking the time to write to me. We are the same age, (
🙂
) and, having lived in Headington when the club was still playing at the Manor, (where I first saw them play!) know how important the club is to so many.

With kind regards

Roz

@SwissYellow has found this in one of the objections. Absolute fantasy.

We aren't thugs. There just aren't many people against the stadium.

'Large numbers', 'many of these people', 'a number of people'.

It's just unquantifiable waffle from Middleton, isn't it? The Planning Portal is binary - support or oppose as your options and 'support' is running away with it. So Middleton tries to somehow boost the flagging numbers for the opposition by using words in place of actual numbers and the old 'football fans are thugs argument'. It will be seen through.

Our favourite councillor IM was recently suspended from Nextdoor again (albeit briefly). For some reason, he set up an account as 'Stuart S' in East Kidlington on Nextdoor. His posting style is too obvious and he slipped up when attempting to chastise @Billyox for something 'he had told him before' just as IM and not his new persona. He was reported and kicked off for 24 hours. What gave the game anywhere further was that as soon as he was online again, he gloated about it which is such an IM thing to do.

That's at least three suspensions from that website now, Ian. Maybe the problem isn't everyone else, the problem is you.

It's just unquantifiable waffle from Middleton, isn't it? The Planning Portal is binary - support or oppose as your options and 'support' is running away with it. So Middleton tries to somehow boost the flagging numbers for the opposition by using words in place of actual numbers and the old 'football fans are thugs argument'. It will be seen through.

Our favourite councillor IM was recently suspended from Nextdoor again (albeit briefly). For some reason, he set up an account as 'Stuart S' in East Kidlington on Nextdoor. His posting style is too obvious and he slipped up when attempting to chastise @Billyox for something 'he had told him before' just as IM and not his new persona. He was reported and kicked off for 24 hours. What gave the game anywhere further was that as soon as he was online again, he gloated about it which is such an IM thing to do.

That's at least three suspensions from that website now, Ian. Maybe the problem isn't everyone else, the problem is you.
Which bears out that he has at least two moderators on ND doing his bidding ( removing posts he in his alter ego reports, refuse to uphold reports made against his posts from either of his accounts, and reinstate him when he demands) he thinks his untouchable ( certainly on ND)

dont they have Waitrose deliver?
Who goes shopping on a Saturday anyway? It's always way too busy.

I just don't understand why these people cannot go shopping at a time when the road won't be closed to private vehicles? Seems logical to me?

Which bears out that he has at least two moderators on ND doing his bidding ( removing posts he in his alter ego reports, refuse to uphold reports made against his posts from either of his accounts, and reinstate him when he demands) he thinks his untouchable ( certainly on ND)
The bloke is a utter tool and now he turns his attention to our owners on nextdoor firstly puts up an article that's is behind a paywall from the athletic so no one can actually see it so I very much doubt he has actually read it himself.
Then goes on about us not committing to the upkeep of SB
Well no Ian of course we haven't committed because that will all be in the heads of terms and the lease agreement that your plebs won't frigging sign

The bloke is a utter tool and now he turns his attention to our owners on nextdoor firstly puts up an article that's is behind a paywall from the athletic so no one can actually see it so I very much doubt he has actually read it himself.
Well no Ian of course we haven't committed because that will all be in the heads of terms and the lease agreement that your plebs won't frigging sign
He really is an obtuse moron.

He basically wants OUFC to promise the world for nothing back. If he had his way, OUFC would not move but still pay for the upkeep of Stratfield Brake.

This was the article he was sharing (from 2019, so a lot has happened since then). I sort of skim read it and my gist of it was 'wealthy people investing in the MLS got wealthier' which is not a surprise.

And my response is 'so what?' We're not stupid. We know the stadium is not being built for benevolence. There will be a return needed on it, hence events held in it on non-matchdays and with the hotel*. Making money off the back of this is not a crime. Since it carries the club with it and settles them in a permanent home, that's what matters.

Unless IM is siding with the lobby who are suspicious of 'foreigners' investing in the club and stadium. There's always been that xenophobia from some.

*How that return is going to be big enough for a £150m outlay remains to be seen. Still, the owners are still here and still committed to the Triangle as far as I can see.

This was the article he was sharing (from 2019, so a lot has happened since then). I sort of skim read it and my gist of it was 'wealthy people investing in the MLS got wealthier' which is not a surprise.

And my response is 'so what?' We're not stupid. We know the stadium is not being built for benevolence. There will be a return needed on it, hence events held in it on non-matchdays and with the hotel*. Making money off the back of this is not a crime. Since it carries the club with it and settles them in a permanent home, that's what matters.

Unless IM is siding with the lobby who are suspicious of 'foreigners' investing in the club and stadium. There's always been that xenophobia from some.

*How that return is going to be big enough for a £150m outlay remains to be seen. Still, the owners are still here and still committed to the Triangle as far as I can see.
Another Middleton Smear

But isn't this how rich people get more rich they get the best deal for themselves just like kassam has done

It's up to occ to get the best deal out of it but I you can bet our owners will be making sure the deal benefits them

Back
Top Bottom