New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

Exactly. If the train station isn't next door to the stadium then the stadium isn't next door to Kidlington. 🤣 Can't have it both ways Muzzleton!
The stadium is not next door to Kidlington as again there is a road and roundabout between them. Middleton and his cronies have overseen the demise of Kidlington for years.

There a road between me and my neighbour too he's still nextdoor tho
View attachment 19028
Only Wrexham's ground is nearer to a railway station!

Also isn't a road next to a railway station pretty much essential? The only stations I can think of with no direct road access are in the Highlands of Scotland, Dovey Junction in Wales and Smallbrook Junction on the Isle of Wight.

He really is clueless and deliberately being obtuse.

Last edited:

Also isn't a road next to a railway station pretty much essential? The only stations I can think of with no direct road access are in the Highlands of Scotland, Dovey Junction in Wales and Smallbrook Junction on the Isle of Wight.

Plus all the old train stations, in towns & cities ,all had a couple of pubs & hotel next to them...most still have to this day...

Plus all the old train stations, in towns & cities ,all had a couple of pubs & hotel next to them...most still have to this day...
Yep, as many will know on our travels up to South Yorkshire, Sheffield has a pub in the station itself!

Why would a middle-aged man who is an elected official spend his evenings attempting to troll people on an obscure internet forum*, I just can't work it out. And can't he see the irony of having a yellow and blue flag next to his name whilst he is actively trying to kill a football club associated with the same colours?

* Yes I'm aware that description applies to a large percentage of people on YF...

Are you calling me an elected offi.......oh, right.

Are there any/many sports stadiums in the world that don't have roads between them and the nearest train station? Can't think of one directly joined on myself.

Are there any/many sports stadiums in the world that don't have roads between them and the nearest train station? Can't think of one directly joined on myself.
Was only considering the UK, truth be told.

Forest Green is one that I can think is quite far away from a station.

Yep, as many will know on our travels up to South Yorkshire, Sheffield has a pub in the station itself!
Reading has, Doncaster if I remember. Oxford station had one before the pulled it down. I had many a beer in there ,on the way to watch the U's. Same as coach stations, the Gloucester arms ,then on the coaches, or a couple in there ,then walk to train station.

Reading has, Doncaster if I remember. Oxford station had one before the pulled it down. I had many a beer in there ,on the way to watch the U's. Same as coach stations, the Gloucester arms ,then on the coaches, or a couple in there ,then walk to train station.
A lot of London Underground stations used to have pubs too

Paddington.

Was only considering the UK, truth be told.

Forest Green is one that I can think is quite far away from a station.

Surely every stadium in the country invoves you crossing at least one road to get to the nearest rain station, so the idea that we are not going to be next door to parkway would only make sense if the UK was full of grounds where the trains pulled up next to the turnstiles. It will be the second nearest ground in the country, and that only by a very small distance.

He can't argue against the train station being by the ground as being excellent, so he is now claiming that its not even next to it, which makes even less sense than the previous claims of football fans not getting trains or even that trains are not for football fans, its all just nonsense.

Back
Top Bottom