New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

There seem to be continuing updates on the planning portal.
Presumably people can't still comment?
I saw somebody suggest that in Kidlington support was higher than the objecting ( different to what someone said on here).
Will we get final official numbers? Does anybody have any idea?

There seem to be continuing updates on the planning portal.
Presumably people can't still comment?
I saw somebody suggest that in Kidlington support was higher than the objecting ( different to what someone said on here).
Will we get final official numbers? Does anybody have any idea?

It is inexplicably still open.

Time for CDC to close the consultation and start processing everything so the decision meeting can take place.

I fear they won't make a decision until the Autumn due to spurious and malicious attempts to frustrate and delay which the council needs to ignore as such.

Do these planning portals regularly get extended or is this a special case? Why has it been extended and why is there no end date at the moment?

Hard not to see yet another delaying tactic here.

People continuing to add comments is unlikely to impact the final decision. Consultations are there to help the officer identify the possible impacts of the development. But the decision is made on the basis of the impact of the development assessed by policies within the development plan. Very unlikely at this stage that anything being said hasn’t been said by someone already.

But it is a bit concerning from a timescale perspective, with more comments to be reviewed potentially delaying the next steps.

This immediately made me think of 'Friends of Stratfield Brake'. Have to love the use of "Friends of", I could have written their complaint without reading the article.
"Friends of" is code for NIMBYs and complainers.

Had a "Friends of" get involved in a local park in Warwick when I lived there. The park was built on an old Victorian dump so it needed to be redug and relaid for the sunday league pitches there. Of course this "Friends of" group protested this because the park "isn't just for footballers"

Another episode was when they staged a protest outside the park cafe. Why you ask? The cafe had the temerity to apply for an alcohol license to serve small bottles of wine with the Sunday dinners they served there. Apparently it would encourage anti social behaviour and binge drinking.

"Friends of' groups are a blight on society. Full of busybodies and moaners who think they've got a god given right to dictate to others how they should live their lives. I hate them.

"Friends of" is code for NIMBYs and complainers.

Had a "Friends of" get involved in a local park in Warwick when I lived there. The park was built on an old Victorian dump so it needed to be redug and relaid for the sunday league pitches there. Of course this "Friends of" group protested this because the park "isn't just for footballers"

Another episode was when they staged a protest outside the park cafe. Why you ask? The cafe had the temerity to apply for an alcohol license to serve small bottles of wine with the Sunday dinners they served there. Apparently it would encourage anti social behaviour and binge drinking.

"Friends of' groups are a blight on society. Full of busybodies and moaners who think they've got a god given right to dictate to others how they should live their lives. I hate them.

Imagine how many billions groups like this have cost the country, how many schools, hospitals etc that money would have gone towards building and the good it would have done. Society’s most selfish people, who ironically have very few actual friends.

Imagine how many billions groups like this have cost the country, how many schools, hospitals etc that money would have gone towards building and the good it would have done. Society’s most selfish people, who ironically have very few actual friends.
They've wasted at least ÂŁ10,000 of taxpayers money in Kidlington.

Ironically these groups are often populated by people who have done quite well for themselves. But it's not their money they are wasting, it's the money to keep the peasants fed, help their children with childcare, help lonely pensioners (living on meagre means) etc.

It's disgusting. Who do these people think they are?

Time for CDC to close the consultation and start processing everything so the decision meeting can take place.

I fear they won't make a decision until the Autumn due to spurious and malicious attempts to frustrate and delay which the council needs to ignore as such.
Do you think this is some sort of delaying tactic because if the local elections tomorrow and to screw us over.

This immediately made me think of 'Friends of Stratfield Brake'. Have to love the use of "Friends of", I could have written their complaint without reading the article.
At least these are genuinely trying to support the Lake District. If it was the Kidlington lot in charge they would probably be named 'Friends of the Peak District'

There are some ( few) groups using the Friends prefix to their group name, who actually are real friends - locally for example Friends of CS Lewis Nature Reserve ( in Risinghurst), in conjunction with BBOWT, have a group of Volunteers who spend a few hours each month ( usually on a Sunday morning) ensuring walkways through the nature reserve are not too overgrown

Sadly though most groups misusing the prefix Friends for their group are generally anything but friends of '- as we well know, first-hand, with the hobbyist lobbyists of North Oxford as an example

Last edited:

They give closing date only as a guideline. They are still accepting responses, but the later someone leaves it the greater the risk that it won't be included in their analyses.

They give closing date only as a guideline. They are still accepting responses, but the later someone leaves it the greater the risk that it won't be included in their analyses.
I have no idea why they didn't close the portal when they suggested they would.
Everybody was working to that date.
It seems very odd

With the local elections tomorrow and with CDC predicted to fall under LibDem/Green control sadly I think CDC is a rudderless ship currently.

Back
Top Bottom