New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

Just looking at the plans, the sports bar seems awfully small.

According to the plans it's about the same size as a tennis court (using singles lines).

That's tiny for a 16k capacity stadium.

EDIT: I know a lot of people will stay in Oxford to drink then make their way to the stadium, but you'd think the club would want to minimise pressure on public transport and also more importantly maximise potential revenue from people drinking at the stadium.
Open up the concourse early??

As I've got no dots to count at the moment, I counted the number of toilets at the new stadium, as someone mentioned that there seemed to be a lot.

Wow, is all I can say! There are approximately 650 individual cubicles or urinals. To put that into perspective it is normal to provide one per 100/150 spectators, so we are providing enough for between 65,000 and 97,500 people! Furthermore, it seems as if just over half of these are female toilets. I know we're supposed to be all about equality, but this seems extreme when taking into account the smaller number of females that attend matches.

On another level, I looked at the square meterage that these toilets take up verses the square meterage of the food concessions, and its well over double the area and in some parts of the stadium three times the area. I really think we've got this part of the design wrong.
That does seem a lot. I wonder how it compares to Stadium:MK? Every time I’ve been there seem to be more toilets than fans, though it is nice to have a pee in conditions not suited to pigs, as is the case now.

Can't please everyone. It does seem unfashionable to be positive about OUFC currently.

It's the bike owners responsibility to secure their bikes isn't it? Much like every car park has a sign saying 'park at your own risk'.

I believe there are those lockable cabinet type bike storage things at Parkway should people prefer.

I'd be more worried about my bike at the Kassam than The Triangle, we're moving to a mich nicer area and I'm certain the entire stadium site will be covered by CCTV, pretty much everywhere is now.
Nicer area ??? Give me the real people of Oxford , East & South of Magdalen bridge any day ..

That does seem a lot. I wonder how it compares to Stadium:MK? Every time I’ve been there seem to be more toilets than fans, though it is nice to have a pee in conditions not suited to pigs, as is the case now.

Yes, modern stadiums do have plentiful and large facilities these days which is great in my opinion.

As I've got no dots to count at the moment, I counted the number of toilets at the new stadium, as someone mentioned that there seemed to be a lot.

Wow, is all I can say! There are approximately 650 individual cubicles or urinals. To put that into perspective it is normal to provide one per 100/150 spectators, so we are providing enough for between 65,000 and 97,500 people! Furthermore, it seems as if just over half of these are female toilets. I know we're supposed to be all about equality, but this seems extreme when taking into account the smaller number of females that attend matches.

On another level, I looked at the square meterage that these toilets take up verses the square meterage of the food concessions, and its well over double the area and in some parts of the stadium three times the area. I really think we've got this part of the design wrong.
To be fair it's always the ladies toilets that have massive queues compared to the mens when ive been to other venues I'm always having to wait for my wife

Never forget that this will be a multi use stadium. There will be times when there could well be more females than males. Also, now that we live in such woke times, it is necessary to provide facilities for all. There will also be a need for baby changing areas suited to both male & female parents.
Plus, I know from Mrs L that far too many stadia have poor or insufficient numbers of toilets for the ladies. Even some of the new upgrades have not got it right. Portsmouth as an example. Re-developed stand, rail standing, new concourse and yet, very few ladies toilets and all at the bottom of the steps, the furthest point from the seats. Utter stupidity.
Personally, I welcome anything which makes the experience of OUFC better and this is one area which will further the well being of many.

There does seem to be an odd lack of food/drink space. Both the sports bar and the restaurant are small and as you say, not a huge amount of food/drink room in the concourse either.

It's quite the come down from the section of eateries and bars that were originally planned.

A 50/50 split on toilet facilities makes some sense on the basis that female attendances are increasing rapidly. That's based only on my observations though I should add, but would challenge anyone to find any stats that disprove this! It does seem fairly reasonable to think that the trajectory is toward a more even spilt on matchdays.

Plenty of space in the plazas for pop up eateries.
Is there the space for people to sit down and eat/drink though? They won't be allowed to take it into the stadium.

I also doubt they'd sell alcoholic drinks which as we know, is what most people want!

A 50/50 split on toilet facilities makes some sense on the basis that female attendances are increasing rapidly. That's based only on my observations though I should add, but would challenge anyone to find any stats that disprove this! It does seem fairly reasonable to think that the trajectory is toward a more even spilt on matchdays.
If we are as planned going to the ladies team play there more women than men attend there games

Is there the space for people to sit down and eat/drink though? They won't be allowed to take it into the stadium.

I also doubt they'd sell alcoholic drinks which as we know, is what most people want!
They seem to have no issues doing so at Bristol City’s equivalent facilities.

There does seem to be an odd lack of food/drink space. Both the sports bar and the restaurant are small and as you say, not a huge amount of food/drink room in the concourse either.

It's quite the come down from the section of eateries and bars that were originally planned.
Have you seen the size of the triangle, not trying to be funny but instead of a pond & what not . To the northern tip of the triangle , could of been a proper supporters club / bar/ pub ..

You're allowed to take your own food into stadiums. Alcohol is fine as long as it's not consumed in sight of the pitch.

Back
Top Bottom