New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

Over 30 public messages today (Friday 8th March) on the planning register and nearly all of them in support (I think I saw two that were against).
We really should try to get more of our supporters (plus friends and family) to also write in and help this over the line.
Come on Oxford!

Over 30 public messages today (Friday 8th March) on the planning register and nearly all of them in support (I think I saw two that were against).
We really should try to get more of our supporters (plus friends and family) to also write in and help this over the line.
Come on Oxford!
Come on everyone it’s a numbers game , keep commenting in support , we will win

I'm not trying to be funny, or put damper on things. Nearly all of the support are from the shires & elslewhere. Not many from the heartlands of Oxford.
It's just an observation, that's all....

I'm not trying to be funny, or put damper on things. Nearly all of the support are from the shires & elslewhere. Not many from the heartlands of Oxford.

Have you shared your support on the portal? And if so, have you spoken to others from the heartlands of Oxford to do the same?

I'm not trying to be funny, or put pamper on things, but I find that it's often easier to moan about others rather than taking responsibility themselves. It's just an observation, that's all....

Have you shared your support on the portal? And if so, have you spoken to others from the heartlands of Oxford to do the same?

I'm not trying to be funny, or put pamper on things, but I find that it's often easier to moan about others rather than taking responsibility themselves. It's just an observation, that's all....

You what ???? You really think you know it all .. Champion of all causes , give it a rest. Most people don't listen to you.
Your not Mr Oxford United's no 1

Our support doesn't just come from Oxford. Big following in local towns like Abingdon and Witney. I'm originally from Oxford but live in Abingdon as I was priced out of buying anything decent within Oxford's boundaries.

That’s perfectly understandable, for a long time we’ve been a club that attracted support from the whole of Oxfordshire rather than having a particularly strong core in one place. That’s one of the strengths of our club, the only fully professional club in the whole of Oxfordshire. In a sense we are Oxfordshire United.

No doubt there will also be objections from Yarnton, Tackley, Great Yarmouth and Poole.

That’s perfectly understandable, for a long time we’ve been a club that attracted support from the whole of Oxfordshire rather than having a particularly strong core in one place. That’s one of the strengths of our club, the only fully professional club in the whole of Oxfordshire. In a sense we are Oxfordshire United.

No doubt there will also be objections from Yarnton, Tackley, Great Yarmouth and Poole.
They are struggling to get them in Kidlington let alone tackley Great Yarmouth and Poole

Of the 16 comments from Kidlington residents I think it was 7 objections

They are struggling to get them in Kidlington let alone tackley Great Yarmouth and Poole

Of the 16 comments from Kidlington residents I think it was 7 objections

Hardly surprising really, fosb’s (waste of Kidlington taxpayers money) poll showed that the majority of Kidlington residents didn’t care one way or the other, that is likely to be reflected in the planning comments.

The fact that our club attracts support from the whole of Oxfordshire shows that having a stadium with excellent transport links, near a train station, near park and ride facilities and near a good road network makes much more sense than the poorly served and located Kassam Stadium.

If we look at the broader picture, what is best for the whole county rather than a few nimbys, the new stadium proposal makes far more sense than any other realistic proposal.

Last edited:
Our support doesn't just come from Oxford. Big following in local towns like Abingdon and Witney. I'm originally from Oxford but live in Abingdon as I was priced out of buying anything decent within Oxford's boundaries.
Yes I know....

How much weight do these comments actually have on a planning application it quite obvious we will get more in support due to our fan base

Hardly surprising really, fosb’s (waste of Kidlington taxpayers money) poll showed that the majority of Kidlington residents didn’t care one way or the other, that is likely to be reflected in the planning comments.

The fact that our club attracts support from the whole of Oxfordshire shows that having a stadium with excellent transport links, near a train station, near park and ride facilities and near a good road network makes much more sense than the poorly served and located Kassam Stadium.

If we look at the broader picture, what is best for the whole county rather than a few nimbys, the new stadium proposal makes far more sense than any other realistic proposal.
Yes I know that, but you would like to think people from Oxford,would be queuing up to sign the petition to get out of the K ****"m.

Back
Top Bottom