New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

I wish a full and speedy recovery for this Kidlington resident.

"I would personally like to support the Triangle project. As a Kidlington resident, I think this
will bring much needed revenue and income to a village that has really modernised in the 40
years I've lived in or around it. Its stale. And is need of something new. The football stadium
is an exciting prospect and gives the football club a chance to become more successful.
Which in turn will put the village on the map. It will give opportunities for future generations
of football fans to enjoy watching the team they support in a state of the art environment. It
will be provide the Oxford United Women's Team with their own home. As someone who has
enjoyed watching the Lionesses rise over the past 5 years, it is exciting to think that OUWFC
could soon mount their own challenge to be at the top of the Women's game. This stadium
will benefit in and around Kidlington. OUFC are set to help with improvements at Stratfield
Brake while also maintaining the pitches. This is truly a wonderful opportunity for the youth
Football teams in the village. I myself played for Garden City and hope they too receive the
benefits of having a professional team in the area. I believe this will be fantastic and look
forward to 2026. I'm currently undergoing treatment for chronic kidney failure. My dream
and ambition is to time my transplant and recovery so that I get a second chance on life just
as the new stadium is built. I look forward to a life of better health watching my local team
in a far better environment. I hope you can make my wish come true. Thank you"

"I would personally like to support the Triangle project. As a Kidlington resident, I think this
will bring much needed revenue and income to a village that has really modernised in the 40
years I've lived in or around it. Its stale. And is need of something new. The football stadium
is an exciting prospect and gives the football club a chance to become more successful.
Which in turn will put the village on the map. It will give opportunities for future generations
of football fans to enjoy watching the team they support in a state of the art environment. It
will be provide the Oxford United Women's Team with their own home. As someone who has
enjoyed watching the Lionesses rise over the past 5 years, it is exciting to think that OUWFC
could soon mount their own challenge to be at the top of the Women's game. This stadium
will benefit in and around Kidlington. OUFC are set to help with improvements at Stratfield
Brake while also maintaining the pitches. This is truly a wonderful opportunity for the youth
Football teams in the village. I myself played for Garden City and hope they too receive the
benefits of having a professional team in the area. I believe this will be fantastic and look
forward to 2026. I'm currently undergoing treatment for chronic kidney failure. My dream
and ambition is to time my transplant and recovery so that I get a second chance on life just
as the new stadium is built. I look forward to a life of better health watching my local team
Wishing you a full and speedy recovery we will get this built for you

Would be nice to name some part of the new Stadium for this person

Fantastic, this is the kind of thing that FoSB and their chums will never be able to understand. Hoping the person has a successful recovery

I find it hilarious that Middleton has tried so hard to take a back seat and not let his mask slip but he just can’t help himself.
I can’t wait to hear of these other sites that he mentions. The only ones I’m aware of are ones in Bicester and Didcot which are far to far from Oxford.

What is good with this site is that it is still in Oxford (OX2) and not on the outskirts like somewhere like Kidlington (OX5).

Can I also put this out there now, I’m a football fan and have never pissed in anyone’s garden.

Responses so far....
For: 229, OX5-41, CDC-94
Against: 36, 29-OX5, 30-CDC
Don’t forget that in most planning applications the votes in favour will usually be a big fat zero.
There will always be plenty of people who don’t want to see change and they will always vote against.
But what you don’t usually get is a whole group who are in favour
It wold be interesting to see how many people were in favour of the water park that got the go ahead by CDC

I'm a football fan and I have never urinated in anyone's garden, I don't drink (😲) and will get the train.

The whole Pissgate drama came from an ill-advised comment on here that was seized upon by FoSB and spread widely and here we are.

I'm a football fan and I have never urinated in anyone's garden, I don't drink (😲) and will get the train.

The whole Pissgate drama came from an ill-advised comment on here that was seized upon by FoSB and spread widely and here we are.

I P**s in my own garden but that’s only because that’s where I keep my Middleton mural.

No, totally untrue that.

It was very much he other way round.
Think it was first said on next door and it was in ref to when they lived by Leyton orient the said person still repeatedly says it now this person is a complete liar.
They claimed a few months back Oufc had already moved on to the triangle and were removing trees turned out it was the willow company
She claimed when we played reading that their family was at the kassam and she had received a video of a massive brawl happening outside the bowlplex yet there was no police around to stop it 🤣🤣they then wouldn't post up the video

Fun fact :

Lathbury Road is exactly 2.9 miles from the Triangle

Lathbury Road is also exactly 2.9 miles from the old Manor ground

Fun fact, The Corner House on the Corner of Hollow Way and Horspath Driftway is closer to the Kassam than Lathbury Road. If you were in The Corner House on a matchday there's absolutely no way you'd know a game was taking place as there's no impact at all to that area!

Screenshot_20240319_071931_Maps.jpg

Of course, everyone regardless of location are entitled to their opinion on this matter.

It's likely residents north The Broadway in Kidlington will have no idea there's a game on at The Triangle as roads encompass The Triangle and its south of the roundabout providing a ready made buffer.

Fu
Fun fact, The Corner House on the Corner of Hollow Way and Horspath Driftway is closer to the Kassam than Lathbury Road. If you were in The Corner House on a matchday there's absolutely no way you'd know a game was taking place as there's no impact at all to that area!

View attachment 18439

Of course, everyone regardless of location are entitled to their opinion on this matter.

It's likely residents north The Broadway in Kidlington will have no idea there's a game on at The Triangle as roads encompass The Triangle and its south of the roundabout providing a ready made buffer.
Fun fact
in their comments they are claiming there is no figure regarding how many people will be walking across the road clearly states it's always measured with a full capacity

Back
Top Bottom