New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

Does Mr Middleton read is own party's policies?
TR035 The Green Party would amend and enforce planning rules to steadily reduce car parking requirements, and make a requirement that the developer must show how their development can be fully accessed by more sustainable modes. Any development that encourages a large number of journeys must be in a location accessible to a wide range of public transport, including links to the rail system.
He and his fellow so called green councillors are not in any way greens, they are, at best pseudo greens, they're 'in it' not to promote green party vales, only the values that a handful of them hold valuable.

Without him and his smug, self important superiority complex, The Green party would probably double or triple its support in and around the Kidlington area IMO

Last edited:
Jimmy Smith was earlier than Flash Harrington... memory aint what it was and the sign has been gone for years, but if Im not imagining things the player taking the corner had 7 on his shirt ?... Harrington was 11
Yeah I know what you mean,, it's a long time since they changed the sign. 90s??
I've got a photo somewhere, but can't find it. It's hard to find a picture on internet, or is it just me 🤣

There is absolutely no way Middleton will name another site, same goes for FoSB.

They will be unable to name a better site, plus by naming another site they will show them up as Nimbys.

They simply won't do it.
Quite. By naming another site, they would be accused by Nimbys in the vicinity of that site of themselves being Nimbys and fratricide would ensue. Scones and hypocrisy everywhere.

They wouldn't be able to deal with all of the many (more) questions that would arise, not least around transport, without access to a mainline station.

FoSB have one principled argument - use of current green belt land. That's it. Even the 'Kidlington Gap' is largely confected. It was never a policy commitment in perpetuity.

Beyond the green belt, everything else is just spitballing and distraction.

Quite. By naming another site, they would be accused by Nimbys in the vicinity of that site of themselves being Nimbys and fratricide would ensue. Scones and hypocrisy everywhere.

They wouldn't be able to deal with all of the many (more) questions that would arise, not least around transport, without access to a mainline station.

FoSB have one principled argument - use of current green belt land. That's it. Even the 'Kidlington Gap' is largely confected. It was never a policy commitment in perpetuity.

Beyond the green belt, everything else is just spitballing and distraction.
Which is why the opposition have been trying to spin one email from Firoka as "proof" OUFC can stay at the breezeblock when it proves absolutely nothing.

Does Mr Middleton read is own party's policies?
TR035 The Green Party would amend and enforce planning rules to steadily reduce car parking requirements, and make a requirement that the developer must show how their development can be fully accessed by more sustainable modes. Any development that encourages a large number of journeys must be in a location accessible to a wide range of public transport, including links to the rail system.
Well
I’m no expert but I would say you can’t get much nearer to a railway station than the Triangle to Oxford Parkway
The Greens should be rejoicing that we have followed their advice

Well
I’m no expert but I would say you can’t get much nearer to a railway station than the Triangle to Oxford Parkway
The Greens should be rejoicing that we have followed their advice

Someone quoted that very Green Party policy in their supportive comments but I can't find that one again frustratingly.

This makes interesting reading
Dear Norman Ian Mike Brian Gardeners ,
Thank you for your email making the following comments on application number 24/00539/F:

"Having lived in Kidlington just yards from the proposed site for a new football stadium, I must strongly object to such a marvellous place to construct a modern, sustainable stadium. The fact that it is only yards from a main line railway station and numerous Park and Ride sites, in addition the fantastic number of buses that will stop just out side the stadium is just wrong. I would also like to point out that the access to the A34, A40, M40 & A44 although very good, does not mean that this is a good site meeting all the requirements to meet net zero emissions targets.

The fact that this piece of land has been declared a piece of contaminated waste land by the Friends of Stratfield Brake would also sway my objection as we all know that contaminated waste land is good for the environment and therefore should not be built on.

I do believe that any development used for sporting and community development is not in line with the needs of the ageing people of Kidlington and the youth should not be considered.

Overall it is without doubt the perfect place to build a sustainable, ultra modern stadium, which will support the youth of Oxfordshire and that is why as a fully committed NIMBY under no circumstances can this fantastic project be allowed."

From the new comments posted today on the CDC portal, the Environmental Health Officer is happy ("satisfied" in planning speak) with the supplied data for both Light & Noise emissions during construction and happy that noise from the stadium "will not be such as to cause a significant issue to the local area whilst noise maybe heard from the stadium on occasion it will not be of level, frequency or duration to cause a significant impact" once operational (the final lighting design has not yet been submitted).

That effectively quashes any objection about noise from events.

From the new comments posted today on the CDC portal, the Environmental Health Officer is happy ("satisfied" in planning speak) with the supplied data for both Light & Noise emissions during construction and happy that noise from the stadium "will not be such as to cause a significant issue to the local area whilst noise maybe heard from the stadium on occasion it will not be of level, frequency or duration to cause a significant impact" once operational (the final lighting design has not yet been submitted).

“Is this a library?”

“No it’s just a very well designed stadium in which the sound is maintained within the bowl arena and does not unduly impact on the surrounding area.”

Here are the full comments, positive if not pretty standard.

Screenshot_20240319_160101_Samsung Notes.jpg

Back
Top Bottom