New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

Part of me wants to see IM make a tit of himself in the Houses of Parliament

It would be another stage for him to think he is being listened to but almost certainly ignored, just like at County Hall.

There’s no chance of him getting him in Bicester and Woodstock. The latest polling had him at under 5% which is ‘lost your deposit’ territory. It would be very on brand for him and his FOSB allies to end up spending more of someone else’s money in a pointless crusade.

Right at the beginning of this, Middleton, McIvor and Campbell were bragging about delaying and disrupting other projects. They spoke about the additional housing around Kidlington and saw the years lost, and the huge costs incurred on all sides was a victory for them.

I don't think that they have ever won any campaign, but what they have done is wasted the time and resources of already overstretched councils and prevented growth and investment locally, whilst also scaring some of the more vulnerable local residents to fund their little ego trips.

They are leeches. The very worst of this breed of serial campaigners who are too arrogant to hide their bigoted and nasty views to bully others.

Their usual campaigns of hate and against faceless organisations with little come back. They have also looked to label football fans as sub human thugs to invalidate our views. But we have collectively acted with dignity, respect and professionalism and have exposed what they really are at every turn.

Those who have genuine concerns about the stadium, and those who are fearful of change, deserve so much more than Middleton and Co. provide. And for them alone I hope that we prove to be the very best of neighbours once we finally get the stadium approved.
There's a difference between other projects they've attempted to stop. OUFC aren't just some faceless corporation like a building company that want to build on some land.

OUFC are a massive part of thousands lives and people will defend their club (sorry Steveopedia you got upset when I said it was "our club") from smear campaigns launched by these people.

This is why they will lose again, they've totally misjudged this.

CDC seem to be really slow updating responses received on their planning portal, nothing showing since 20th March , ok weekend updates maybe are loaded on a Monday, but where are those responses submitted on 21st and 22nd?

CDC seem to be really slow updating responses received on their planning portal, nothing showing since 20th March , ok weekend updates maybe are loaded on a Monday, but where are those responses submitted on 21st and 22nd?

Does it really matter if they've gone up before or after the weekend?

I suspect the staff are busy and I doubt they have many applications where people are counting responses.

Was exactly like that last Saturday.
If I still lived in Kidlington, I’d consider going to Bicester or Banbury.
Where facilities and infrastructure are more suited to the amount of people that live there.
Another reason to build the stadium, it will prevent even more houses being built.

And more affordable houses can be built on the site on the current stadium, helping alleviate Oxfordshire's housing crisis
A point that has been sometimes over looked throughout all of this. The council need to build so many houses to keep up with demand. You can build an awful lot more on the current stadium site than you would ever get on the Triangle.
By the club moving to the triangle it actually helps the council fill other obligations.

It's another piece of Middleton spin.

Surely as a prospective MP, he should listen to his potential constituents concerns about his view of the stadium instead of throwing his toys out the pram and threatening legal action. Just one look at the planning portal shows overwhelming support for the stadium in his potential constituency.
He’s a token choice, I’d say his own party don’t even like him and want him gone, that’s why they’ve put him in a constituency where he will get well and truly stuffed.

A point that has been sometimes over looked throughout all of this. The council need to build so many houses to keep up with demand. You can build an awful lot more on the current stadium site than you would ever get on the Triangle.
By the club moving to the triangle it actually helps the council fill other obligations.

Oxford city council are preparing to send their Local Plan 2040 to government inspectors for examination. If approved, the plan will provide a framework for all planning decisions in Oxford over the next 16 years.

Above all, it is a plan for delivering new homes. To help meet expected job growth across the county, Oxford will need more than 26,000 new homes by 2040.

The city council have increased the density, allowed housing to be built on employment sites and looked at every bit of remaining land that could be suitable for housing. There is room for 9,612 new homes within city boundaries.

Between 2014 and 2022, Oxford city council worked together with neighbouring districts to tackle Oxfordshire's housing crisis. They agreed to build 14,300 homes next to or close to Oxford's boundaries. This means an extra agreement will be needed with them to build another 2,528 homes on top of their existing plans. That works out as another 126 new homes a year until 2040.

Quoted from the city council Facebook page

Developing the Kassam (which is within the city boundary) into houses will mean the number of additional homes that will need to be built on the edge of the city and in another district council will be less.

OM have reported the "chaos" at Sainsbury's in Kidlington today. Of course, the new stadium gets a mention in the comments.

I bet nobody mentioned the improvements to the Kidlington roundabout that are being driven by the stadium development.
I mean, nothing official but in my view it’s with that in mind.
The works to, and around the roundabout have absolutely nothing to do with the prospective stadium. Nothing whatsoever. These works were planned and agreed long before the Triangle was even considered.

To suggest otherwise is nonsense.

This is mental I went to Sainsburys yesterday afternoon and saw no chaos the roadworks don't help at the moment Sainsburys was no different to any other Saturday afternoon. Also the roadworks on the roundabout have nothing to do with the Stadium they was planned along time ago

Back
Top Bottom