New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

For once, I have little to doubt FOSB that there will be delays to the process.

We’re already seeing one with the Head of Terms. We know there will be others later down the line because developments such as this always have them.

In an already tight deadline, Plan B looms into the horizon. That’s not just wishful thinking for the antis but a stark reality for us who want this to happen and need it to happen to ensure the club somewhere to play.

For once, I have little to doubt FOSB that there will be delays to the process.

We’re already seeing one with the Head of Terms. We know there will be others later down the line because developments such as this always have them.

In an already tight deadline, Plan B looms into the horizon. That’s not just wishful thinking for the antis but a stark reality for us who want this to happen and need it to happen to ensure the club somewhere to play.
Plan B terrifies me.

Groundshare outside the county will see crowds fall off a cliff.

Another year at the breezeblock will invite the old chestnut of us being able to stay at the three sided nightmare. (A completely unsustainable situation)

Those who are purposely delaying (hello Cllr Miller) this process will have blood on their hands if the club folds.

Plan B terrifies me.

Another year at the breezeblock will invite the old chestnut of us being able to stay at the three sided nightmare.

Those who are delaying this process will have blood on their hands if the club folds.
as long as building of the stadium itself and bridge starts this year it will limit that effect stuff like the green area and fitting out the hotel can continue while we are in your be surprised how quick the steel work goes up

as long as building of the stadium itself and bridge starts this year it will limit that effect stuff like the green area and fitting out the hotel can continue while we are in your be surprised how quick the steel work goes up
Id happily get my hands dirty helping build the thing if it means OUFC can continue!

Plan B terrifies me.

Another year at the breezeblock will invite the old chestnut of us being able to stay at the three sided nightmare. (A completely unsustainable situation)

Those who are purposely delaying (hello Cllr Miller) this process will have blood on their hands if the club folds.
2 groundshares in the past few years seem to have done Coventry City no harm at all.

2 groundshares in the past few years seem to have done Coventry City no harm at all.
Look at the attendances, particularly at Northampton. They were struggling to get four figures at times.

They came pretty close to going out of business a couple of times too. I think your comment is misjudged, in all due respect.

Last edited:
Plan B terrifies me.

Sad to say but if it goes plan B I won’t be renewing my season ticket unless there are free coaches laid on

you wanna be 27m up in the air bolting it together sod that 🤣just get nick knowles and the boys in from diy sos there have it done in a day😉😉
What about Alan Titchmarsh and the land scaping that could be a good quick job as well

What FoSB claim and the real facts of any matter are usually several miles apart
I’d wager it’s not even close to being genuine
No reason to think it isn't genuine. The key section is the one that FOSB are not highlighting which shows the application is acceptable to the planning authority without the extra traffic data.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240401_112844_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20240401_112844_Drive.jpg
    256.9 KB · Views: 46
No reason to think it isn't genuine. The key section is the one that FOSB are not highlighting which shows the application is acceptable to the planning authority without the extra traffic data.
Thanks for clearing that up, much ado about nothing then.

Just because as of April 2024 Coventry City are doing fine, that doesn’t mean they came close to the brink a good number of times. The groundshares weren’t like Tottenham playing at Wembley whilst their new stadium was due to be finished by a set date - it was because they had nowhere to play. If work doesn’t begin this year, there’s no hope of the stadium being ready in time.

The talk of a groundshare also assumes the EFL would be ok with it. Would they?

It’s a question we received a woolly answer from GF at the fans’ forum. Harder questions should be asked of the club in light of this week’s news in the delay on the Head of Terms which, to me, will not be the only delay in this process. That should come from OxVox and @OUSP.

Just because as of April 2024 Coventry City are doing fine, that doesn’t mean they came close to the brink a good number of times. The groundshares weren’t like Tottenham playing at Wembley whilst their new stadium was due to be finished by a set date - it was because they had nowhere to play. If work doesn’t begin this year, there’s no hope of the stadium being ready in time.

The talk of a groundshare also assumes the EFL would be ok with it. Would they?

It’s a question we received a woolly answer from GF at the fans’ forum. Harder questions should be asked of the club in light of this week’s news in the delay on the Head of Terms which, to me, will not be the only delay in this process. That should come from OxVox and @OUSP.
Listened to Paul Peros talking on Radox during the week. He is just as dumbfounded by the delay as the club. Mentioned that he is a developer himself and confirmed that this kind of delay is not the norm despite what OCC are claiming.
I am convinced that this is purely a political move by certain LibDems who should know better. Their behaviour is borderline criminal.

I would be surprised if the stadium would be up & running full, in 2 & a half years time, even if the spades went in tomorrow. I remember living right next to the stadium when it was being built.then halted.
Seeing a rusting overgrown shell for years.
Still sends shudders down my spine seeing that every day..

But the new data and consultation will be required before a decision can be made ?

Back
Top Bottom