New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

You are right- this is a bubble.
With 3 home games in a row, are Oxvox ans OUSP working to ensure that 1000's supporters are aware of what they need to do, rather than the relatively small.number on here?
We have three home games in a row. Radox will be at all of them and the "Wasn't at the game" slot post 5pm is an ideal time for any caller to the program to mention what's happening. Text messages, Whatsapp and social media are all referenced by Jerome on air. I would also expect either Paul Peros, Janine Bailey or Grace Bailey to make an appearance at one or more of the games. They all speak well and can convey the message. If anyone happens to bump into Jerome or Nathan Cooper, get the message across.

Surely spectators safety and motorist safety is far more important than a slight inconvenience to the public to take a small diversion for half an hour before and after the game. The Lib Dems are the ones who have bought in the 20 mph speed limits on alot roads in Abingdon as they claim it's safer for pedestrians and motorists. Couldn't make this s**t up 😴
Chester V was bragging about 20mph limits in Kidlington when they were introduced- he shut his bragging thread on Next Door down pretty sharpish when there were an abundance of questions & no supportive comments posted up.

Greens and Lib Dems really don't '/ wont 'read the room' when they impose restrictions on the majority to appease a small minority

As far as Im aware- and it mayve have changed now?- 20mph zones are not easy to police/ enforce, a main reason being most Gatso cameras don't read below 30mph

Is anyone able to provide the link to the Oxford Mail article where Lib Dem Councillor Andrew Gant objects to the OUFC stadium due to potential half-hour road closures in his area, while simultaneously implementing LTNs in East Oxford?
no thought not
Don't be ridiculous

I have emailed my county councillor, Miller, and used the template with personalisation.

I'm sure it'll join the several emails going back over a year that will never get a response. And he wants to be my MP? He can't even engage with me.
Try reaching out to him on Facebook. One of his people got back to me fairly quickly.

Its one thing putting the signs up, but how many motorists stick to it, when was the last time you saw any speed enforcement officers in Abingdon, one speed camera on the Oxford road that very one slows down for

Quite a few motorists do stick to the speed limit especially when the company vehicle has a tracker fitted that monitors speed. Also only last week the police were down Preston road with a speed gun.

I'm all for making our roads safer but I don't agree with permanent LTN's. Traffic enforcement cameras with exemptions for buses , taxis and emergency services would work alot better in east Oxford.

I find it quite alarming that the Lib Dem's won't back the stadium because of a short road closure that will keep everyone safe.

Chester V was bragging about 20mph limits in Kidlington when they were introduced- he shut his bragging thread on Next Door down pretty sharpish when there were an abundance of questions & no supportive comments posted up.

Greens and Lib Dems really don't '/ wont 'read the room' when they impose restrictions on the majority to appease a small minority

As far as Im aware- and it mayve have changed now?- 20mph zones are not easy to police/ enforce, a main reason being most Gatso cameras don't read below 30mph
Ironically, you should see the speed they're still doing on Yarnton Road, right past his house....

Frankly, having "road closures" as the main point of objection for denying an entire stadium project with all its resident benefits is baffling to me.

At both major Berlin clubs, tens of thousands of people descend on the stadium on alternate weekends between August and May. There is good, ample public transport to get them to and from the stadium. There are major, important roads leading to both of stadia that are subject to "road closures" (in the form of a police car diverting traffic maybe 1 km away). Does civilisation stop for two hours in these areas every other weekend? Are the surroundings changed into Sodom and Gomorrha for a brief while? Are people stuck in their cars and houses at danger of starving to death?

Of course they aren't. People adapt, people get used to things. And people don't whinge on about it.

The road closure point is absolutely mental. No other word for it.

They police 20 mph zones slightly different to the other speed zones I believe. I haven't heard anyone get a ticket doing 23 - 25 mph. Probably is because the cameras/speed guns can't accurately read until about 30 mph.

Quite a few motorists do stick to the speed limit especially when the company vehicle has a tracker fitted that monitors speed. Also only last week the police were down Preston road with a speed gun.

I'm all for making our roads safer but I don't agree with permanent LTN's. Traffic enforcement cameras with exemptions for buses , taxis and emergency services would work alot better in east Oxford.

I find it quite alarming that the Lib Dem's won't back the stadium because of a short road closure that will keep everyone safe.
Wish they would come down the Hanney Road.

It's quite simple don't close the fecking road and see what happens crossing with controlled traffic lights first 5 games if it works great if it don't close the road simple
Which is, more or less, what the planning application implies. No road closures - "traffic marshaling" and "controlled access" is the way this moves forward without councils having to u-turn from ill-conceived statements which are being presented as some sort of de facto policy.

Frankly, having "road closures" as the main point of objection for denying an entire stadium project with all its resident benefits is baffling to me.

At both major Berlin clubs, tens of thousands of people descend on the stadium on alternate weekends between August and May. There is good, ample public transport to get them to and from the stadium. There are major, important roads leading to both of stadia that are subject to "road closures" (in the form of a police car diverting traffic maybe 1 km away). Does civilisation stop for two hours in these areas every other weekend? Are the surroundings changed into Sodom and Gomorrha for a brief while? Are people stuck in their cars and houses at danger of starving to death?

Of course they aren't. People adapt, people get used to things. And people don't whinge on about it.

The road closure point is absolutely mental. No other word for it.
I was in your fine city for the Champions League final in 2015 and was very impressed with the transport links to and from the Olympic Stadium.

Back
Top Bottom