New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

I will never vote Tory, but I have to absolutely take my hat off to Cllr Walker for his tireless work in supporting the project.

He's a local. Local people are massively under represented on the council and they're full of people from elsewhere in the country that think Oxfordshire is solely about the university and cycling.

I will never vote Tory, but I have to absolutely take my hat off to Cllr Walker for his tireless work in supporting the project.
Liam is such a top bloke forget the stadium stuff he is the only councillor who actually gets things done especially in and around Witney
For example road works in Witney started they put temporary traffic lights up but didn't actually start the work the lights caused absolute chaos Witney was at an absolute standstill within an hour or 2 Liam had them removed he did the same in long hanborough when they put up traffic lights they wasn't supposed to turn them on during rush hour morning or evening again within the hour they were off

Direct them to the Dreaming Spires info which clearly specified programmes for both Kidlington (Match Fit, Pitch Perfect and Team Mates) and specific for Blackbird Leys.

I was brought down to earth again yesterday at the game. Spoke to more than a few regulars about posting on the planning portal and was really disappointed to hear that they had no idea what I was talking about. One even stated that the stadium was not going to happen, it was all delayed and the lease was not going through. These are OUFC fans! The communications have to be ramped up. We need more publicity. We need the media onside. FoSB have been clever enough to capitalise on their influence at the Fail and through having some duplicitous and devious politicians in their pocket.
The message has to be communicated to all those who are not devotees to this forum, social media etc. Perhaps it's time for a fully funded media campaign? If they won't print fair and unbiased articles then buy the whole page and print the truth.
Everyone who goes to games must take it upon themselves to talk to at least one other and get the message across. Everyone needs to be talking the truth. There are too many chinese whispers, conjecture, misheard facts, and general nonsense stories in circulation.
And, games like yesterday with that kind atmosphere promote the belief that we are a huge part of the community. Let's get that feeling across to all those who doubt.

I was brought down to earth again yesterday at the game. Spoke to more than a few regulars about posting on the planning portal and was really disappointed to hear that they had no idea what I was talking about. One even stated that the stadium was not going to happen, it was all delayed and the lease was not going through. These are OUFC fans! The communications have to be ramped up. We need more publicity. We need the media onside. FoSB have been clever enough to capitalise on their influence at the Fail and through having some duplicitous and devious politicians in their pocket.
The message has to be communicated to all those who are not devotees to this forum, social media etc. Perhaps it's time for a fully funded media campaign? If they won't print fair and unbiased articles then buy the whole page and print the truth.
Everyone who goes to games must take it upon themselves to talk to at least one other and get the message across. Everyone needs to be talking the truth. There are too many chinese whispers, conjecture, misheard facts, and general nonsense stories in circulation.
And, games like yesterday with that kind atmosphere promote the belief that we are a huge part of the community. Let's get that feeling across to all those who doubt.
Met up with some ex Oxford School boys last week, now all in their late sixties a few in Oxford but most now elsewhere( one lives in France).Got chatting about the hole we find ourselves in.

There were ten of us and now nine have been on the planning portal and put positive comments.

OUFC meant something to them once and they still follow the results.
Tuesday and Friday are days when we MUST speak to more people at the game and make them realise what a serious situation we are in.

Edit
Now 10/10 I knew my friend in France wouldn’t let me down

Last edited:
I chatted to the man I have been sitting next to in the SSU this season about the stadium and the political situation. Turns out he his the Labour councillor for Headington Hill and Northway on Oxford City Council. He thought that it would all go through but had no specific inside knowlege that he could divulge. I will proble further on Tuesday.

Met up with some ex Oxford School boys last week, now all in their late sixties a few in Oxford but most now elsewhere( one lives in France).Got chatting about the hole we find ourselves in.

There were ten of us and now nine have been on the planning portal and put positive comments.

OUFC meant something to them once and they still follow the results.
Tuesday and Friday are days when we MUST speak to more people at the game and make them realise what a serious situation we are in.

Edit
Now 10/10 I knew my friend in France wouldn’t let me down
If us Aussies can do it the French definitely can!

Got the train to the game yesterday to avoid the traffic as with 3 games in a week and it being the last 3pm Saturday home game thought I would treat myself.

The journey involved 2 trains and a bus journey.
First train Blackwater to Reading- 20 minutes
Second train Reading to Oxford - 20 minutes
Bus from St Aldates to stop just before the Blackbird- 40 minutes.

So a bus journey of 4 miles took as long as the combined train times to go 40 miles, thanks to the mess that the likes of Middleton, Gant etc have caused. When I told people this they just told me I was lucky as it can take an hour sometimes. I suppose it doesn’t matter to the likes of Gant and Middleton as they will never get a bus to East Oxford, but it really brings the hypocrisy of their stance home.

Have you asked these people where we will be playing after 2026 and also who will be owning/funding us?

Well I and others have been trying but the complacency is astounding. I am going to email oxvox in a minute but where were the QR codes leaflets outside the ground are they going to be there on Tuesday and Friday? The planning portal closes on Monday 22nd. I honestly despair at the lack of awareness and apathy.

Back
Top Bottom