New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

I was brought down to earth again yesterday at the game. Spoke to more than a few regulars about posting on the planning portal and was really disappointed to hear that they had no idea what I was talking about. One even stated that the stadium was not going to happen, it was all delayed and the lease was not going through. These are OUFC fans! The communications have to be ramped up. We need more publicity. We need the media onside. FoSB have been clever enough to capitalise on their influence at the Fail and through having some duplicitous and devious politicians in their pocket.
The message has to be communicated to all those who are not devotees to this forum, social media etc. Perhaps it's time for a fully funded media campaign? If they won't print fair and unbiased articles then buy the whole page and print the truth.
Everyone who goes to games must take it upon themselves to talk to at least one other and get the message across. Everyone needs to be talking the truth. There are too many chinese whispers, conjecture, misheard facts, and general nonsense stories in circulation.
And, games like yesterday with that kind atmosphere promote the belief that we are a huge part of the community. Let's get that feeling across to all those who doubt.
From a personal point of view it does feel on twitter anyway that I'm the only one who is pushing people to comment I expect people are now bored of my tweets but as the club oxvox don't seem to be doing anything I'll keep pushing

Well I and others have been trying but the complacency is astounding. I am going to email oxvox in a minute but where were the QR codes leaflets outside the ground are they going to be there on Tuesday and Friday? The planning portal closes on Monday 22nd. I honestly despair at the lack of awareness and apathy.
Me too Danny
I tried to involve Radio Oxford the other week and although Janine from OUSP was very good, Jerome Sale didn’t seem interested.
Now I know the BBC have to show impartiality but before the show and afterwards the stadium/ future never gets mentioned.
We all know The Mail are anti but I would have thought Nick Harris would be chomping at the bit to save the club.
As for many of our supporters I think they only care about winning a football match and think things will be ok even if we don’t get the green light.
It’s very worrying
Even on this Forum I bet there are some who have followed it but still not contacted CDC
I hope I’m wrong there but it wouldn’t surprise me

Well I and others have been trying but the complacency is astounding. I am going to email oxvox in a minute but where were the QR codes leaflets outside the ground are they going to be there on Tuesday and Friday? The planning portal closes on Monday 22nd. I honestly despair at the lack of awareness and apathy.

Didn't see anyone giving out leaflets Saturday. Why don't we stick a leaflet to every home seat on Tuesday and Friday? Certainly would get the message across then.

OUSP were outside the South Stand yesterday talking about the planning application and giving out the QR codes.

2 more home games before the deadline so hopefully OxVox can do the same at one or both of these games.

Me too Danny
I tried to involve Radio Oxford the other week and although Janine from OUSP was very good, Jerome Sale didn’t seem interested.
Now I know the BBC have to show impartiality but before the show and afterwards the stadium/ future never gets mentioned.
We all know The Mail are anti but I would have thought Nick Harris would be chomping at the bit to save the club.
As for many of our supporters I think they only care about winning a football match and think things will be ok even if we don’t get the green light.
It’s very worrying
Even on this Forum I bet there are some who have followed it but still not contacted CDC
I hope I’m wrong there but it wouldn’t surprise me
I think when Cherwell have loaded the comments from the weekend by next Wednesday, we will see less than 1500 have responded, I hope to be disappointed as a fair number have messaged my Facebook posts to say they have done it, but I would say that is less than a hundred

Last edited:
From a personal point of view it does feel on twitter anyway that I'm the only one who is pushing people to comment I expect people are now bored of my tweets but as the club oxvox don't seem to be doing anything I'll keep pushing

It is frustrating and it feels like we have a small handful of very committed fans going above and beyond, but so many others simply don't seem to be bothered.

I know that Janine from OUSP was on Rad Ox and spoke very well, and many of the panel members were out yesterday trying to get the message across. But we need OxVox to get involved too, and to rally support. 3 home games off the back of a couple of decent results was the perfect opportunity to get the message out.

Some people are either supremely confident or incredibly naive about the importance of this application. I'm as positive as anyone, but I'm not taking any chances and will be completing my submission today and have encouraged at least 5 others to do the same.

OUSP were outside the South Stand yesterday talking about the planning application and giving out the QR codes.

2 more home games before the deadline so hopefully OxVox can do the same at one or both of these games.
I was under the impression you and oxvox were trying to work in tandem

It is frustrating and it feels like we have a small handful of very committed fans going above and beyond, but so many others simply don't seem to be bothered.

I know that Janine from OUSP was on Rad Ox and spoke very well, and many of the panel members were out yesterday trying to get the message across. But we need OxVox to get involved too, and to rally support. 3 home games off the back of a couple of decent results was the perfect opportunity to get the message out.

Some people are either supremely confident or incredibly naive about the importance of this application. I'm as positive as anyone, but I'm not taking any chances and will be completing my submission today and have encouraged at least 5 others to do the same.
It takes 2 minutes to compose a tweet the club and oxvox have way more followers than me they have a greater pull than me I just don't understand why they are not doing so.

I never liked the bloke that much but if Robinson was manager right now he would be putting out sound bites in every single interview

It takes 2 minutes to compose a tweet the club and oxvox have way more followers than me they have a greater pull than me I just don't understand why they are not doing so.

I never liked the bloke that much but if Robinson was manager right now he would be putting out sound bites in every single interview

Can the club itself being the client ask for supportive comments to be submitted on their application?

Can the club itself being the client ask for supportive comments to be submitted on their application?
They did last week.

This was publicised:

They did last week.

This was publicised:

Missed that as it's on the oufcstadium site not on their main socials.

I think when Cherwell have loaded the comments from the weekend by next Wednesday, we will see less than 1500 have responded, I hope to be disappointed as a fair number have messaged my Facebook posts to say they have done it, but I would say that is less than a hundred
What are you puzzled about Aldo?

As I’ve said before, we have some fans who will dig deep into the goings on at the club. Some are just in it for the game and result. Anything that happens off the pitch isn’t of interest.

It’s frustrating as others say but you can’t convince everyone to be as engaged with this as many of us on YF are. You bet they’ll be the first to moan if we suddenly don’t have a place to play.

I m sure the club could do more they could put it on the advertising boards round the pitch and the scoreboard and and it could be announced on the pitch before the game and at half time. Have been trying to get people to put comment on the planning portal I am getting very frustrated.

How many people voted against it on that KPC poll? How many of them have bothered with they planning portal? Most people don’t like doing that stuff, we need to get as many as we can but not get to obsessed with the percentage of the attendance who do it, never going to work like that. But every extra person you get to do it is a win, as the opposition should really be winning this, complainers always out numbed those in favour.

Good for them, but I walked the length of the South stand and saw nobody.
A leaflet on every seat would at least get what nearly 9,000 people being communicated with- and not via E Mail (how many junk e mails do most people get?).
2 home Home to go- this is the best time to get through to people.

Back
Top Bottom