New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

OCC meeting. Cllr. Dan Levy response to Cllr. Brighouse on question as to progress of HoT's and lease. Announcement very soon. Good progress with "friendly talks" with OUFC.
He then waffled a bit and wished OUFC success and promotion.
Further questions followed and some heated exchanges took place. Cllr. Pressell (Lab.) was quite vociferous in demanding answers. Cllr. Levy was not to be drawn though other than saying that positive discussions were ongoing.

It sounds positive but we are none the wiser, as it stands.

OCC meeting. Cllr. Dan Levy response to Cllr. Brighouse on question as to progress of HoT's and lease. Announcement very soon. Good progress with "friendly talks" with OUFC.
He then waffled a bit and wished OUFC success and promotion.
Further questions followed and some heated exchanges took place. Cllr. Pressell (Lab.) was quite vociferous in demanding answers. Cllr. Levy was not to be drawn though other than saying that positive discussions were ongoing.

It sounds positive but we are none the wiser, as it stands.
Sounds like things are progressing, I'm glad Levy is being pressed.

That seems to have been it as far as OUFC is concerned. Very pleased that we got this much mentioned. Reading between the lines, I'd say that the traffic issue is still a matter to be resolved.
As to be expected, the road closure/traffic card is the only way the opposition can stop the stadium. Once it's resolved I think things can progress much more smoothly (planning permission dependent)

“Slick and Devious”

That was how one objector from North Oxford has described OUFC’s PR campaign.

I swear some of these people are so indoctrinated by FoSB’s bile that when they see the OUFC badge, they actually visualise Lucifer himself, in all his horned glory.
"Devious" 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

• React
Reactions: GRB

3 Oxfordshire schools ranked in top 500 by Sunday Times​

I see St Thomas More RC primary School in Kidlington is on this list.

Mrs. Aldo who was a Primary School Head Teacher tells me that when a school is Outstanding and doing well, house prices rocket in that area.Everyone who has a very young child or indeed are expecting one,will be clamouring to get into that school catchment area.

So not only does the “quaint village” now have a stadium pushing up prices it also has a school pushing up prices.

The residents should be overjoyed, because they now have a choice ,they can stay put or they can now sell their houses at an inflated price and move to say,Blackbird Leys which should be a lot quieter without the stadium and there will be brand new houses going up on that site.

The main attraction being , no road closures for two hours 15 times on a Saturday afternoon per year

Failing that,they could join Steve and move to Tackley

Having sat through the last couple of hours waiting to hear (and see) whether OUFC got a mention, I can confirm that most of what went on was as dull as ditch water. Procedural nonsense and point scoring along with statements instead of questions, all the norm!

Were our chums Middleton and Gant in attendance?

Having sat through the last couple of hours waiting to hear (and see) whether OUFC got a mention, I can confirm that most of what went on was as dull as ditch water. Procedural nonsense and point scoring along with statements instead of questions, all the norm!
We are keeping it on the Councils mind. Janine submitted a written question in advance as she could not attend the meeting. The answer was brief and did not fully address the question, but it has been officially recorded. it's in the papers as Appendix 2.
There seems to be a distinct shift in tone over recent days.

We are keeping it on the Councils mind. Janine submitted a written question in advance as she could not attend the meeting. The answer was brief and did not fully address the question, but it has been officially recorded. it's in the papers as Appendix 2.
In a good way?

Yeah I've no doubt there has been cases of this. Alongside that we've also seen a lot of attacks and antagonism trying to paint supporters a certain way that have probably tested even the most composed supporters patience. I think overall the message from the majority has been to be honest and upfront, but in a respectful way.
The thing is they will be doing it deliberately and will then just quote responses out of context. We need to be 'better' than them. The have no answer to polite, reasonable rebuttal with facts. Getting aggravated and becoming personal is what they want so that they can paint all of us like that.

Well done. I missed that bit (or had fallen asleep - much like some of the councillors looked as they would!)

1713274628580.png

Back
Top Bottom