New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

I see that KPC have an extraordinary meeting at 6 pm on the 25th April. Agenda not published yet but according to the planning minutes they are going to discuss a document that their Chair has coordinated from Cllrs responses to the planning application for the stadium. I doubt it will be a positive response, I hear a local fencing contractor has been commissioned for the evening. It will probably be on zoom but I hear that the sound quality of their most recent meeting was appalling and inaudible.
Screenshot_20240418_081623_Facebook.jpg

I see that KPC have an extraordinary meeting at 6 pm on the 25th April. Agenda not published yet but according to the planning minutes they are going to discuss a document that their Chair has coordinated from Cllrs responses to the planning application for the stadium. I doubt it will be a positive response, I hear a local fencing contractor has been commissioned for the evening. It will probably be on zoom but I hear that the sound quality of their most recent meeting was appalling and inaudible.
Judy Webb has probably discovered an endangered white rhino at the Triangle. She didn’t see it of course, but an experienced ecologist doesn’t need to see it to know it’s there.

Last edited:
We also suggest anyone in Cllr Gant's and Levy's constituency do the same. Challenge them on only representing one view and ask them to comment in support of the application on your behalf.
This is a great suggestion

Because we are on TV

I feel a simple chant of

LIB DEMS OUT, LIB DEMS OUT starting in the East Stand but hopefully everyone joining in.

Also how do we get the message to fans on Friday.Vote anything but Lib Dem or Green,
should be close to 8000 home fans if we can get the message over that will be fantastic

How about a minute long chant in the 22nd minute (in line with 22nd April date) of Don't vote Lib Dem (to the tune of your f***ing s**t) or stand up if you hate lib dems - will at least get the pundits on tv asking what that is about - something choreographed and organised is more likely to get picked up on the commentary and be more embarrassing for the lib dems. Can also write to the tv in advance and tell them why it is happening

Most of the objections are not so much about the stadium itself, but the travelling to and from it, with the lack of parking for so many cars being a major point. Out of interest, how much parking was there in Headington? I don't remember there being much. When there's no parking, people make other plans. People are generally lazy and will pick the option that gets them as close to the stadium as possible, even if it costs a bit more. This is why the Parkway station being nextdoor is so ideal.

I noticed in Chiltern Railways' response that they would need funding by the club and/or council to improve the facilities at Parkway station. They're already committing to buying more rolling stock to help with the additional trains which will be required on match days.

We also suggest anyone in Cllr Gant's and Levy's constituency do the same. Challenge them on only representing one view and ask them to comment in support of the application on your behalf.
Levy is quite a hypocrite, he’s club Stockport County, close the roads round their stadium for over an hour for every home game. I’d love to know what he thinks about that.

Am I right in thinking that after Stratfield Brake was declined by KPC, it was OCC who came up with the idea of the Triangle as the place for the Stadium.

If so, why weren’t objections made by Councillors at that point.

Why wait until now to make their voices heard, and if as they seem to be saying they don’t want the club do die, why haven’t they come up with another area which could house a stadium.

Also they could have made it very clear that Kassam terminated the lease.

Too many objections seem to think we can still stay at Grenoble Road.
Mind you about 50% of our own fan base think that too.

From levy

The Park and Ride is paid for with central government money

At the moment, the government is withholding the money needed to finish the job and get the P&R open. I would like that to happen, but can't spend your council tax money doing it.

There are no planned buses from the P&R to close to the new ground.

The planning application will be decided by Cherwell, and I hope that the club makes it possible for Cherwell to approve it.

Regards
Dan

From levy

At the moment, the government is withholding the money needed to finish the job and get the P&R open. I would like that to happen, but can't spend your council tax money doing it.

The planning application will be decided by Cherwell, and I hope that the club makes it possible for Cherwell to approve it.

Regards
Dan
All well and good, Levy, but without a lease the planning is worthless.

I don't think comments like this are helpful.

You are entitled to your opinion, but if it wakes people up to act now before it's too late then it has a purpose.

We all moan when the team aren't playing with enough intensity and being too relaxed. But alot of our fanbase are doing the same with the stadium, they either think it's a forgone conclusion or it will never happen and we will just stay at the Kassam.

A proper statement from the club and Oxvox to state the facts of why we can't stay at the Kassam and how important this new stadium goes ahead to guarantee the future of the club is needed.

Because we are on TV

I feel a simple chant of

LIB DEMS OUT, LIB DEMS OUT starting in the East Stand but hopefully everyone joining in.

Also how do we get the message to fans on Friday.Vote anything but Lib Dem or Green,
should be close to 8000 home fans if we can get the message over that will be fantastic
But I would suggest that 50% of the crowd and 97% of the tv audience won’t know the significance of this. Just sounds like a general political statement ahead of the local elections.

From levy

Regards
Dan
How two faced can one man be?!

Too many objections seem to think we can still stay at Grenoble Road.
Mind you about 50% of our own fan base think that too.
I think half of our fanbase is a bit harsh, it's a small minority.

Not sure why any OUFC supporter thinks we can stay at the breezeblock though.

Back
Top Bottom