New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

But I would suggest that 50% of the crowd and 97% of the tv audience won’t know the significance of this. Just sounds like a general political statement ahead of the local elections.

The banner at the Arsenal game last year had a good impact at getting the word out on national TV.

Another reply I asked had he spoken to the bus company a one word answer

I then challenged him to represent my view as I'm part of his ward

Yes.

You can put your own comment into the CDC planning system explaining why you think it should be approved.

I just commented that the club plans would put lots of extra cars - and buses - on roads that are already struggling. Even the club acknowledges that this is true.

Regards
Dan

Wembley Stadium:
90,000 capacity.
Parking spaces - 3200.
Street Parking - 0, residents only.
Train Stations: 2

Oxford United Community Stadium:
16,000 capacity
Parking spaces - 2000 approx (150 at the stadium, 800 at Parkway, 1000 at Peartree)
Street Parking - 0, residents only
Train Stations: 1

Yet it simply wouldn't be able to cope?!

Another reply I asked had he spoken to the bus company a one word answer

I then challenged him to represent my view as I'm part of his ward

Yes.

You can put your own comment into the CDC planning system explaining why you think it should be approved.

I just commented that the club plans would put lots of extra cars - and buses - on roads that are already struggling. Even the club acknowledges that this is true.

Regards
Dan
Am I being daft but all his constituents will already use those same roads to get to the Kassam?? Just for not as long if the get to use the new P&R or Pear Tree??

Extra buses yes but each one will replace say 30-40 cars for the last mile or two?

Wembley Stadium:
90,000 capacity.
Parking spaces - 3200.

16,000 capacity
Parking spaces - 2000 approx (150 at the stadium, 800 at Parkway, 1000 at Peartree)

That's brilliant!

You are entitled to your opinion, but if it wakes people up to act now before it's too late then it has a purpose.

We all moan when the team aren't playing with enough intensity and being too relaxed. But alot of our fanbase are doing the same with the stadium, they either think it's a forgone conclusion or it will never happen and we will just stay at the Kassam.

A proper statement from the club and Oxvox to state the facts of why we can't stay at the Kassam and how important this new stadium goes ahead to guarantee the future of the club is needed.
This

Wembley Stadium:
90,000 capacity.
Parking spaces - 3200.

16,000 capacity

Theres also Seacourt, Thornhill, Redbridge and ( once Levy signs off funding for an access road that he didn't include in the design) the new Eynsham Park and Rides, which on matchdays should offer shuttle buses to Oxford Parkway pre match & from Oxford Parkway post match... Plus Bus companies will likely be providing additional services ( 700 for example) as well as Matchday football specials from various locations in the county also to and from Oxford Parkway.

Yes it did, but it was supportive of a new stadium, not critical of a political party.
That is true.
But whist Labour and Conservative Councillors have come out unequivocally in favour of the stadium, LibDems and the Greens have generally hidden/ pretended to be neutral but are now coming out against.
So our supporters are scrapping for the future of our football club and being critical of a political party just before local elections will highlight the issue/ maybe even make national politicians take notice
Making these LibDem and Green councillors uncomfortable in their opposition to the stadium maybe is a good thing?

Theres also Seacourt, Thornhill, Redbridge and ( once Levy signs off funding for an access road that he didn't include in the design) the new Eynsham Park and Rides, which on matchdays should offer shuttle buses to Oxford Parkway pre match & from Oxford Parkway post match... Plus Bus companies will likely be providing additional services ( 700 for example) as well as Matchday football specials from various locations in the county also to and from Oxford Parkway.

Reading have a smaller train station further away (which didn't exist until this season) and less parking around it, by using buses they manage to get people from Newbury, Sandhurst, Bracknell, Wokingham etc to a ground with a bigger capacity, they are also right by the A33 and M4, far, far busier roads than by the triangle. yet it copes fine. Be loads more examples round the country but that's a nice local one.

To turn down a huge outside investment, to kill off a much loved institution which brings a lot of joy to the county, to lose peoples jobs and the income that brings just so that a few nimby votes can be won by a very small clique of local councillors is not only scandalous but rank financial negligence, could see the county faced with a huge bill and loss, what these two lib dems are doing is criminal.

Any Oxford fan voting Lib Dem/green at the upcoming election is a fool.

Am I correct in saying that The Triangle Stadium will be the second closest football stadium to a railway station in the country? I genuinely cannot think of a better place in the county to have a football stadium.

(I believe Wrexham is the closest)

Last edited:
Is there any point of emailing Liz Leffman??? She must of received thousand's complaining about traffic ,all fallen on deaf ears.
BOOT'S ON THE GROUND in my opinion ,VOCAL SUPPORT & VISUAL.
emails are too easy to ignore. Hence why a lot of fans have not had a reply ,or if they have it's been on behalf ...Screenshot_2024-04-18-10-06-03-63_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpgScreenshot_2024-04-18-10-06-50-59_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpgScreenshot_2024-04-18-10-07-13-33_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpgScreenshot_2024-04-18-10-07-43-08_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Is there any point of emailing Liz Leffman??? She must of received thousand's complaining about traffic ,all fallen on deaf ears.
BOOT'S ON THE GROUND in my opinion ,VOCAL SUPPORT & VISUAL.
emails are too easy to ignore. Hence why a lot of fans have not had a reply ,or if they have it's been on behalf ...View attachment 18978View attachment 18979View attachment 18980View attachment 18981
I think that there is a point in E Mailing Liz Leffman and local Councillors.
The more that they realise the current concern/ anger the better- especially with elections coming up.

Back
Top Bottom