New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

But I would suggest that 50% of the crowd and 97% of the tv audience won’t know the significance of this. Just sounds like a general political statement ahead of the local elections.
I think half of our fanbase is a bit harsh, it's a small minority.

Not sure why any OUFC supporter thinks we can stay at the breezeblock though.

If Oxxox or OUSPcan talk to SKY before the game they would know. For the first time in a while I wish Robinson was still around ,he would make sure the media know our plight
Plus if we can have the SOS banner out behind the goal all game that would be great.

I suggest you talk to those in the concourses not those who sit near you, I tried talking to anyone who would listen before the last two matches. I couldn’t believe the apathy.

I will rephrase what I have said
50% of fans don’t realise what a serious situation we are in,it seems to me they just think some other solution will happen and yes some still think we can stay at Grenoble Road because if this falls through a new deal will be done.

I have said it before on here. We are in our own small bubble on this Forum

I find it absolutely crazy that Cllr Middleton chooses to represent a tiny minority of objectors instead of a massive majority of supporters because he's that sure he's right about everything

So much for speaking up for the people he represents.
A good councillor would try to represent all views. Highlighting concerns and suggesting options that could work, to try and find middle ground. But the only thing even slightly geared towards the club is that he is sympathetic to the clubs situation. I imagine anyone living in Middleton, Gant or Levy’s area must feel let down if they don’t share the views that these councillors are writing on behalf of their community.

If Oxxox or OUSPcan talk to SKY before the game they would know. For the first time in a while I wish Robinson was still around ,he would make sure the media know our plight
Plus if we can have the SOS banner out behind the goal all game that would be great.

I suggest you talk to those in the concourses not those who sit near you, I tried talking to anyone who would listen before the last two matches. I couldn’t believe the apathy.

50% of fans don’t realise what a serious situation we are in,it seems to me they just think some other solution will happen and yes some still think we can stay at Grenoble Road because if this falls through a new deal will be done.

I said that the other day that kr would of been all over this pushing it in every interview I know that not des's way but it needs to be in the press every day sending emails will do little they can and will ignore it

Can you really see Liz coming out and sacking off 2 of her own people I can't

All well and good, Levy, but without a lease the planning is worthless.
I’m convinced at this stage that their plan is to put pressure on the planning process to decline the application so that they can get their desired outcome without having to decline the lease. From the perspective of Levy & Gant it’s the perfect way to achieve their aim without having to be the person who says no.

If planning is approved, then I expect we’ll then get into debates about certain conditions of the lease not being met. Strap in, it’s gonna be a long ride.

I’m convinced at this stage that their plan is to put pressure on the planning process to decline the application so that they can get their desired outcome without having to decline the lease. From the perspective of Levy & Gant it’s the perfect way to achieve their aim without having to be the person who says no.

If planning is approved, then I expect we’ll then get into debates about certain conditions of the lease not being met. Strap in, it’s gonna be a long ride.
They can try all they want.
At present the portal shows people massively in favour. This is one thing that the planners can take into consideration. Other than that, they have to follow the process.
If they don't clearly follow the process, their decision will be identified to appeal which is very costly for the Council.

I think that the opposition are in.real trouble. Assuming that planning is positive ( even after appeal if required), if the lease of the land does not go ahead, it will be very clear that the LibDems/ Greens will have contributed to the club dying. I am sure that they won't want to be implicated in that!

Even on here you get people calling a 1-0 home loss to Lincoln a disaster, not selling every ticket for Burton away is terrible etc but never mention or even seem to care about the ground situation, as if its a trifling matter. In truth the football at the moment is secondary, every chance we won't exist past 2026 (no point ground sharing miles away with no prospect of a new stadium and the owners pulling out, we won't make it past the first month of bills), its the strangest apathy. The most negative posters are the worst for it, they want a manager sacked for coming 8th yet don't give a f**k if we are homeless (and dead in the water) in two years, its bizarre.

Some of us may have said that the clock on the lease doesn`t stop ticking and the planning process takes time and there will be hurdles along the way.

I just pray there is an effective Plan B !

Reply from Levy saying he objected as a local councillor on traffic grounds, and a reply from Leffman saying my points have been noted. 🙄

Article after Article on Lizz Leffman's stance. On LTNS After all she's Gant's & Levy's LEADER.....Screenshot_2024-04-18-10-46-05-16_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpgScreenshot_2024-04-18-10-46-36-10_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpgScreenshot_2024-04-18-10-50-09-66_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-04-18-10-55-20-27_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-04-18-10-55-20-27_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_2024-04-18-10-57-21-24_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-04-18-10-57-21-24_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    201 KB · Views: 2
Bog standard from Liz

Thank you for your email, the contents of which I have noted.

Best regards

Liz

Councillor Liz Leffman, Charlbury and Wychwood

Leader, Oxfordshire County Council

Basically means she's hasn't read them and just clicked reply to all

Just sent my two letters off, if we can get as many as we can it will be fantastic

Dear Layla Moran

I feel I have to write to you and tell you that as a Labour voter who has voted Lib Dem at the last three General elections and Local elections to keep the Tories out,you will not be getting my vote any longer
This is solely on the issue that Lib Dem councillors on OCC have been extremely underhand in their dealings regarding the proposed new stadium at the triangle.
If this does not go ahead it will be the death of OUFC because the Lib Dem’s and Greens have colluded to not let it happen.
If Oxford United get to the playoff final this year, there will be over 30,000 fans going to Wembley to cheer them on and I bet your hypocritical councillors on OCC will be there.
I wonder who the OUFC fans will vote for at the next election when it will be the Lib Dem’s who have killed the club.There is already a campaign to stop people voting Lib Dem at the local elections and I hope the message gets across.
There is no good reason why this stadium cannot go ahead, but there are many like myself in the Abingdon area who will never vote for your Party again unless you make some positive statements.
Best wishes
Graham North

Dear Ms Leffman

I feel I have to write to you and complain about Councillors Levy
He has come out recently and said he is anti stadium.This is a major concern because as Head of Finance Mr Levy has the say on Heads of Terms and understand he is the one who will ultimately sign this off.
What I would like to know is if OCC put up the Triangle land for development of the new stadium ,why weren’t these objections raised over six months ago.
I’m sure you are aware that OUFC is a Community asset, the only professional club in the County. OCC cannot let this 130 year old institution die.
Also could you please make the general public aware that Mr Kassam will not sell the stadium or enter into a new lease with club. A lot of people need to be put right on this matter. The club have put out a statement to that effect,it would be really helpful if OCC could do the same.

Best wishes
Graham North

Bog standard from Liz

Thank you for your email, the contents of which I have noted.

Best regards

Liz

Councillor Liz Leffman, Charlbury and Wychwood

Leader, Oxfordshire County Council

Basically means she's hasn't read them and just clicked reply to all

She is not going to go against her own party councillors in public, whatever she really thinks. Its worthwhile messaging, but you won't get much of a public reply.

Needs to be boots on the ground to get awareness and show them the strength of support. OxVox need to come out as well, its all to quiet, the only fight Gant, Levy and the rest of them are getting is from a few posters on here.

She is not going to go against her own party councillors in public, whatever she really thinks. Its worthwhile messaging, but you won't get much of a public reply.

Needs to be boots on the ground to get awareness and show them the strength of support. OxVox need to come out as well, its all to quiet, the only fight Gant, Levy and the rest of them are getting is from a few posters on here.
My thoughts entirely sending emails just feels a waste of time

My thoughts entirely sending emails just feels a waste of time
Exactly they've set out their stall & they're sticking to it. As I said, its to easy to ignore ,just as leaflets coming through your door & messages on your computer & phone . How many people actually read them ??. I don't they get binned....

I would say it’s all a bit too quiet from Rad Ox too. With the team doing well of late, there’s been too much focus on the football (which I admit is a weird thing to say).

The pre match and WATG shows need more on this. They’ll have more influence on fans, especially the older generation, than this forum or social media will.

Get a few callers on who will not tear Des and co a new one but Andrew Gant and Dan Levy instead.

I got a similar response from Councillor Leffman.

Thank you for your email. Your comments are noted.

I wasn’t expecting much more than that, so that’s fine. We’re not going to get detailed responses with great details about what’s going to change. But don’t assume that it doesn’t have an impact, having a constant stream of emails questioning the integrity of the Council she is responsible for gives a clear message that many people will hold the Council to account.

Back
Top Bottom