New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

This is exactly my suspicion. The wealthy and/or politically connected within Oxfordshire think we are exactly where we should be. Keep the football stadium where it is, next to the sewage plant in one of the most under-funded and deprived parts of the county. Scummy sport for scummy people

And far away from all the lovely greenery, tourism, travel links, university stuff and twee Harry Potter bullsh*t. They can’t have those slovenly heathen football fans anywhere near any of it.
Nail hit head.

While the FA Cup is a concern, it is also being addressed by the other 71 EFL clubs. I'm really disappointed in OxVox for not pushing this issue more. I've sent out 31 tweets urging people to add their support to the planning application, while in contrast, OxVox has tweeted only three times. OxVox has also tweeted about the FA Cup three times. What is the bigger issue here? if its the fa cup then say and ill start tweeting the fa because right now i feel its just a waste of time and effort
The biggest issue for Oxford United by far is the Stadium. The FA cup comes a distant second as if we don’t get the stadium, there will be no club. I am extremely disappointed with Oxvox and the lack of action and information by the supporters trust. There are many fans who have put their heads above the parapet, with no encouragement from either the club or Oxvox.

I’m not sure which is the last day for comments as we are told the 21st and the 22nd, either way time is running out to show your support.

It’s not till it’s gone that it will be missed and it’s no good crying “where has our club gone” when it’s gone. Disappointed that the FA cup has taken precedence over the future of OUFC.

Lets make it political suicide for those three if they do indeed launch an offensive against the stadium, the club and it's supporters.

We're getting closer to that protest outside county hall I feel.

Let those three bigots launch a class based offensive against our supporters, that’s a battle they are not winning.

If Gant and Levy are happy to throw their lot in with Middleton and his extremely dodgy views on various subjects then I wouldn’t want them on our side anyway.

Swiss yellow you did suggest here that the HoT are likely to be signed soon ( Tuesday). Is this still on?
I was told by 4 different sources that HoT were pretty much done.

The club had done a great job on the County Council with Bakerie being in town last week.

Then Tuesday everything went haywire. No one knows or is saying anything.

The club had done a great job on the County Council with Bakerie being in town last week.

Wasn't Tuesday the day Levy's objection went live on the portal?

It's Bakrie and he doesn't make bread!

Can't name sources but this came individuals involved in the County Council and media.

We will know how accurate it is if interviews/articles start appearing on RadOx and Mail. May indicate a reason why OM ran that story yesterday.

It’s also important to inform other Lib Dem/Green candidates in the up coming elections that they will lose votes because of the selfish actions of people in their own party ie Gant, Levy and Middleton.

I’ve certainly made my local Councillor as well as Cllr Leffman and Layla Moran aware of this.

Their anti OUFC stance may appease the University academics of the North Oxford Set, but they will lose votes and damage their own party in the rest of Oxford and the County.

So is it now not happening shortly or us it just delayed a few days?

But both those organisations are keeping quiet on the matter. That's why councillors believe they can walk all over us.

Time for action before it's too late.
In the last week OUSP, amongst other things, has submitted a question to the County Council meeting (https://mycouncil.oxfordshire.gov.u...ns with Notice from Members of the Public.pdf).
We have spoken to the OxMail, writing this column on the lease delays:

And in this one just yesterday:

We have followed up a number of points behind the scenes, and supported individuals who asked for help with correspondence.
We have fact checked and corrected several FOSB social media posts.

We have shared and reshared links on how to comment on a number of channels as well as outside the Quad bar last week, handing out QR codes.

We are in close contact with the club and their planning team. We keep a close eye on the evolving situation and will absolutely look at further fan action if and when we think it would be helpful. Right now it could do more harm than good.
Let's focus this weekend on getting those planning responses in,along with emails to councillors.

In the last week OUSP, amongst other things, has submitted a question to the County Council meeting (https://mycouncil.oxfordshire.gov.uk/documents/s70809/Annex 2 - Questions with Notice from Members of the Public.pdf).

We have followed up a number of points behind the scenes, and supported individuals who asked for help with correspondence.

We have shared and reshared links on how to comment on a number of channels as well as outside the Quad bar last week, handing out QR codes.

We are in close contact with the club and their planning team. We keep a close eye on the evolving situation and will absolutely look at further fan action if and when we think it would be helpful. Right now it could do more harm than good.
Let's focus this weekend on getting those planning responses in,along with emails to councillors.
can you ask the oxford mail why when its a anti stadium story it is placed front and center at the top of the website yet when its a pro stadium story like the ones you have linked they are placed firstly in the sports section and 2nd near enough at the bottom of the website page unless you click on the sport many people wont see these story

Re the delay in signing Heads of Terms I received an email on Tuesday from my local Councillor (Andy Graham) on Tuesday saying “I am hoping for news very shortly”

Of course “shortly” is subjective, but in the context of our correspondence I took it to imply positive news within a couple of days. That clearly hasn’t happened and tends to support what you have been told.

can you ask the oxford mail why when its a anti stadium story it is placed front and center at the top of the website yet when its a pro stadium story like the ones you have linked they are placed firstly in the sports section and 2nd near enough at the bottom of the website page unless you click on the sport many people wont see these story
We have. Unfortunately it's a commercial issue. Click on our items more and comment on them more and they may move up the pecking order.

In the last week OUSP, amongst other things, has submitted a question to the County Council meeting (https://mycouncil.oxfordshire.gov.u...ns with Notice from Members of the Public.pdf).

That's fair enough and the work going in is appreciated.
I think that the total lack of communication makes it very difficult for those if us not ITK.
We see the Gant, Levy comments and hear nothing.
I appreciate that there is confidential things going on, but this is our football club and we don't know whether it is about to die or have a great future!!

In the last week OUSP, amongst other things, has submitted a question to the County Council meeting (https://mycouncil.oxfordshire.gov.uk/documents/s70809/Annex 2 - Questions with Notice from Members of the Public.pdf).

Right now it could do more harm than good ? Why ? Both the club, OUSP and Oxvox ask for supporters to help save our club, yet we are now told “Right now it could do more harm than good.”

Sorry but if fans are kept in the dark, what do you expect them to do?
By the start of the 24/25 season we may be facing losing our club, we are not prepared to let that happen. Last night was a prime example of apathy re the planning process and all we hear is Right now it could do more harm than good..

Please explain so we can adjust our strategy

Back
Top Bottom