New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

Anyone else heard this rumour? I do hope the club's lawyers are ready if so. This could get messy.

If correct this would be a huge error of political judgement from the Lib Dems and the Green Party. Surely they wouldn’t be that stupid?

Think of all the overwhelming positive, supportive comments for the Stadium on the planning portal, far out weighing any objections.

An offensive against OUFC fans? It would be akin to OUFC owners and board members publicly attacking individual members of fosb and their supporters!

Done another whip around family and friends group chats this morning for some last comments.
Comment from my partner, pinched some bits from my email to councillors.

My partner and I regularly attend Oxford United matches.

The new stadium offers excellent access through sustainable transport means, being located adjacent to two bus routes, Oxford Parkway station, the A34 and on a cycle highway. The majority of supporters have committed to travelling to matches via sustainable means, myself included (Cycling to Haddenham & Thame Parkway then train to Oxford Parkway). Additionally it would provide facilities for the local community to use on a daily basis, such as the health centre and gym. The rainwater collection system, solar panels and green roofs will lead to it being the most environmentally sustainable stadium in the country, and will set an example to the rest of the country of how construction can be done in a sustainable way.

This football club provides myself and thousands others, for a few hours a week, an escape from a stressful life, providing a safe environment in which we can let out our emotions with our fellow supporters. This club brings so much joy to the people of Oxfordshire and beyond, and the thought of it being homeless after the lease at the Kassam Stadium expires is deeply distressing. For OUFC to be left homeless, its very future will be in jeopardy. A football club is much more than a business, it a member of the family, and us supporters feel as if this family member is in danger, and will grieve for it like any other family member should it be lost. Should the club be forced to fold as a result of the new stadium being rejected, it will lead to an increase in mental health issues across the county.

It is clear to all that there is overwhelming widespread support for this project. Please do not delay. Approve the planning application to safeguard the future of the county's only professional football club, and put Oxford back in the driving seat for sustainable development.

If correct this would be a huge error of political judgement from the Lib Dems and the Green Party. Surely they wouldn’t be that stupid?

Think of all the overwhelming positive, supportive comments for the Stadium on the planning portal, far out weighing any objections.

An offensive against OUFC fans? It would be akin to OUFC owners and board members publicly attacking individual members of fosb and their supporters!
It would be very foolish, but Gant, Levy and Middleton think they are made of Teflon and immune to criticism.

We will see what happens.

I was told by 4 different sources that HoT were pretty much done.

The club had done a great job on the County Council with Bakerie being in town last week.

Then Tuesday everything went haywire. No one knows or is saying anything.

@SwissYellow

Are you saying here and in some of your other comments that some Lib Dem’s and even Greens are on board with the H of T but Gant Middleton and Levy could bring the whole thing down?

What will they achieve by some PR push against the club ,that will have no bearing on the comments going in to CDC because it will be closed by then. So are they hoping to sway the CDC planning committee?

Anyway you look at this it seems these 3 people at OCC who have the Oxford Mail in their pocket could actually stop this going ahead.

And OUSP say a march or demonstration will do more harm than good…..we are past that now,we must take action.

OxVox and OUSP should be onto the three messengers of doom calling them out and destroying them

Last edited:
What will they achieve by some PR push against the club ,that will have no bearing on the comments going in to CDC because it will be closed by then. So are they hoping to sway the CDC planning committee?
I think that is exactly what they are doing. Comments will be closed on the planning portal so they can control the narrative against the stadium.

It's cynical. We will never forget their names.

@SwissYellow

Are you saying here and in some of your other comments that some Lib Dem’s and even Greens are on board with the H of T but Gant Middleton and Levy could bring the whole thing down?

Anyway you look at this it seems these 3 people at OCC who have the Oxford Mail in their pocket could actually stop this going ahead.

And OUSP say a march or demonstration will do more harm than good…..we are past that now,we must take action.

OxVox and OUSP should be onto the three messengers of doom calling them out and destroying them
I can't sadly give more info on those passing info because in some cases its could be damaging to those individuals.

I have been passed a lot of info from inside each "camp". I've made it clear I'm going to share everything so if people want to get word out they can do so.

I am aware some of this could and may be inaccurate because of a whole pile of reasons, however a few people have been spot on with certain things.

Nods to McIvor and her use of Community Action Groups, Freedom of Information requests and other bureaucratic apparatus were proved to be true pretty quickly.

Nods about the LibDems little cycling club, the connection with Middleton all was proven true.

Levy & Gant being problematic came over about a month ago, now being proved out.

The club and OxVox are not saying squat which gives me this inkling that actually everything is ok but no one has said hey, it's time to calm it down....

Exactly the opposite from the political side, but that could well be posturing for the elections.

I'm also pretty interested in why, if all this is rubbish and tittle tattle why the LibDems haven't even responded officially. Thier boots on the ground volunteers that I know are very very pissed off with the perception of being anti-football and pressure has been put upwards.

I'm also pretty interested in why, if all this is rubbish and tittle tattle why the LibDems haven't even responded officially. Thier boots on the ground volunteers that I know are very very pissed off with the perception of being anti-football and pressure has been put upwards.
I think this is the most useful update. If the upper echelon get wind of ground root dissent, they are bound to take action. Possibly on the quiet but, action will be required. Those volunteers are gold dust and if so many as one is dissuaded from assisting, votes can be lost.

Keeping all this high profile is fantastic work, well done you. Everyone else, keep re-tweeting (or whatever it is called now!) keep posting every bit of information that comes along and, keep everyone else updated and informed.

As things stand the electorate don’t know the threat that the Greens and Liberal Democrat’s are to our football club. I’d guess 90% of Oxford fans aren’t either. There needs to be a big push on this but I have no idea how it’s done. I and many others don’t use social media (sorry I’ve not seen Twitter Billy) so it needs a different approach.

I think this is the most useful update. If the upper echelon get wind of ground root dissent, they are bound to take action. Possibly on the quiet but, action will be required. Those volunteers are gold dust and if so many as one is dissuaded from assisting, votes can be lost.

Keeping all this high profile is fantastic work, well done you. Everyone else, keep re-tweeting (or whatever it is called now!) keep posting every bit of information that comes along and, keep everyone else updated and informed.
Agreed great job Swiss Yellow

As things stand the electorate don’t know the threat that the Greens and Liberal Democrat’s are to our football club. I’d guess 90% of Oxford fans aren’t either. There needs to be a big push on this but I have no idea how it’s done. I and many others don’t use social media (sorry I’ve not seen Twitter Billy) so it needs a different approach.

It’s not just Oxford fans in general that don’t understand the threat, their are plenty of regular posters on this forum who never post on the planning thread, my guess is they don’t read it either and are not unduly concerned about the future of the club. Thinking it will take care of itself.

Perhaps we need a new thread with a title that gets supporters attention about our very existence, planning (as a title) for some people is boring and they never bother to even read it let alone engage and respond.

It’s not just Oxford fans in general that don’t understand the threat, their are plenty of regular posters on this forum who never post on the planning thread, my guess is they don’t read it either and are not unduly concerned about the future of the club. Thinking it will take care of itself.

Perhaps we need a new thread with a title that gets supporters attention about our very existence, planning (as a title) for some people is boring and they never bother to even read it let alone engage and respond.
Yes, there are only around 15 regular contributors to this thread I would say. Sad considering the clubs existence could well rest on the planning decision in June.

For me, I'm absolutely gripped by this process. It's the first thing I check when I wake up!

You're 100% right

Those volunteers are being told that the football fans who are angry are just a small tiny subset and not to be concerned at. Painted as anti-vax, Leave, EDL types.

When questioned or pushed on that, there's a bit of debate, deflection but a wider continued non-political push is needed in my opinion. What I mean is don't go pro any particular party, just criticise.

View attachment 19071things like this really stresses them (and was why two got in touch)

More awareness, sharing on Facebook community pages showing that the Libdems are anti, all helps. Social sharing is what we need here..
Yep, just straight up accusing Cllr Miller of trying to kill OUFC on his Facebook page certainly got his team wobbling, two big messages from his people.

Another bridge saga at a football stadium. Difference is seems that the local council actually wants to help their football club.

Yet we try and secure our future without asking for a single penny of taxpayers money and we are made to jump through hoop after hoop. It's disgusting.

Last edited:
Portsmouth FC "we need a new bridge to help grow the club" - no problem. It'll help regenerate the area.

Everton FC "we need a new stadium but the city will lose UNESCO status" - Yep, we can live with that.

Birmingham City FC "we'd like a new stadium nearby" - no worries. Sounds like a great investment on the area.

Oxford United FC "we need to shut the road for 30 minutes a few times a year, but there is a diversion in place so shouldn't add to much to your journey" - no way, how will people get to Sainsbury's?!?!?

Councils everyone.

Back
Top Bottom