New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

I'm not fooled at all. He's shown he is anti stadium on the doorstep.

Do not vote Lib Dem or Green.
a massive 'own goal' by the prospective lib dem candidate for the new parliamentary constituency, throwing his lot in with a few organised millionaire professional protesters, despite the supportive comments from addresses in the new seat on CDC planning portal saying otherwise. Big mistake Mr Miller.

a massive 'own goal' by the prospective lib dem candidate for the new parliamentary constituency, throwing his lot in with a few organised millionaire professional protesters, despite the supportive comments from addresses in the new seat on CDC planning portal saying otherwise. Big mistake Mr Miller.
Trying to save face with this "stadium to be proud of" talk when we know it's all BS.

McIvor will be giving him a very angry phonecall soon I can imagine.

If it gets the Stadium built quickly they can come round my house for a cuppa and a bacon roll and maybe a biscuit even.
might take some of the extra business away from Sainsburys when the build is on going- that'll please some of the residents wanting to go there , maybe?

We’re delighted Oxfordshire County Council has also given an undertaking to sign the remaining key legal and partnership agreements this week. This shows the club has met the council’s criteria and addressed their strategic priorities.”

So what does this mean how can we of met the criteria if the road in it's present state is still being closed for some point

We’re delighted Oxfordshire County Council has also given an undertaking to sign the remaining key legal and partnership agreements this week. This shows the club has met the council’s criteria and addressed their strategic priorities.”

So what does this mean how can we of met the criteria if the road in it's present state is still being closed for some point
my thoughts exactly

I have emailed the national offices of both the LibDems and Greens and advised them to tell their national leaders that if their local minions continue to obfuscate on the new stadium then I, my family and many other people I know will never vote for their party again. Don't know if it'll make any difference but worth a try and they may bring them to heel.

Was the councils criteria that the road had to remain open at all times though?

I'm sure the councils own highways department and Thames Valley police can insist on a road closure on safety grounds even if the club insisted there was no need to close the road.

Do we risk splitting our vote and still letting in the Lib Dem’s and Greens? Should we collectively agree to vote Labour or Conservative to maximise the impact?

Catching up on this. What has he said/done?

Please beware, don’t think that the LibDems or Greens have surrendered. Vote either Labour or Conservative on the 2nd May as an increase in LibDem or Green councillors will see the stadium fall.

Attachments

• IMG_3295.jpeg
    IMG_3295.jpeg
    118.1 KB · Views: 53
Do we risk splitting our vote and still letting in the Lib Dem’s and Greens? Should we collectively agree to vote Labour or Conservative to maximise the impact?

Personally I'm not a fan of political deals. The most important thing is to demonstrate that you can't actively fight against the club and then take our fans votes for granted.

Please do not be deceived by Councillor Millers comments

There is still a long way to go and if you don’t think he’s in the ear of the Lib Dem councillors on the CDC Planning committee, think again

Nothing has changed since last week, we still have to make sure the general public know that a Lib Dem’s/Greens vote is an anti stadium vote.

Keep writing those e mails and tell friends and family especially in the CDC area to vote for councillors who are friends of the stadium

Sorry, I’m confused. The LDs and Greens run OCC (I think), and have just agreed heads of terms, and the club are talking very positively about that same council signing other stuff later this week.

Can you explain as I if I’m an idiot (shouldn’t be hard!) why the Lib Dem’s and greens are anti-stadium?

Seems to me like they’ve continued to work behind the scenes with the club since October to agree the HoT, and are close to signing anything else that needs to be signed.

I’m confused how this makes them ‘anti-stadium’.

Perhaps they have the designs for the bridge ready to go as soon as the HOT’s were signed. I wouldn’t be surprised if we see some kind of design come out very shortly for that if that is the route we have to go down.

Sorry, I’m confused. The LDs and Greens run OCC (I think), and have just agreed heads of terms, and the club are talking very positively about that same council signing other stuff later this week.

Can you explain as I if I’m an idiot (shouldn’t be hard!) why the Lib Dem’s and greens are anti-stadium?

Seems to me like they’ve continued to work behind the scenes with the club since October to agree the HoT, and are close to signing anything else that needs to be signed.

they have gone against the majority and sided with serial lobbyists.

They’ve done it because the heat was put on them but myself and many others on social media & on the doorstep, make no mistake, they saw the rumbles it was causing in the new constituency the ground is in. They had to act to save face and to try and claw back votes they were otherwise going to lose. They won’t be getting my vote anyway, but the issue of the heads of terms has come at the worst time for them, leaving them unsigned would of consigned them to a heavy defeat at the ballot box. It probably still will, Levy & Gant scored massive own goals coming out against it on the portal. I wouldn’t be surprised if their positions are at risk very shortly.

Having looked through the comments, there have been an awful lot of Objections uploaded most recently. Whoever you are, wherever you are from & especially those in the local area. If you haven’t done so already then put your support in for this new stadium. Do not regret not taking action & putting your support in. This may be your only chance!

Back
Top Bottom