New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

Things that are rumored to be happening this week.

The Lib Dem Fight back

BBC Radio Oxford 4 party interviews

The FOSB Meltdown.

The LibDem Fightback - Summary, there's a been a fair few meetings and the long and short of it is, they're coming out positive for the Stadium but they dont want to upset a small subset of middle-aged middle income folks by coming across overly supportive. Some inside the group are suggesting coming across strongly. As alluded to last week, some defense of Gant and Levy is now underway on social media from "friends" of the LibDems, trying to tone down the anger.

Rad Ox will be broadcasting 4 interviews tomorrow AM- Middleton for sure, 1 Tory, 1 LibDem and 1 Labour, should be just before 8. Was going to be more of a debate style but they couldnt sort out all 4 being in the same place. Will be interesting and also will be used for various phone in set ups through the day for listeners to comment on. Now, these are tiny but they do hit the politicians, a good dismissing of Middleton's views by callers would be welcomed by RadOx for sure. Dont forget, Rad Ox have to hit a certain angle, listeners questions are totally open and wanted

The FOSB Meltdown - The numbers weren't what they wanted, Suzie is not as busy as she was. Victoria is again talking to friends about the stress of it all. BUT They're still going and will still push hard. They don't see the mistruths and conflicting information as lies, they see it as a certain point of view and they think we're all nasty bullies. Middleton is very very embattled right now, lower down in the Green Party there's been some further comment about his focus. He's going to be asked to focus on SEND to try and coax him away.

Radio Oxford phone ins during the day are a weird beast. They hold a disproportionate level of importance for City and Council officers and Cllrs, its seen as pure voter material. If you can phone in, you're likely yo be a voter.

Early projections are that this Local election is going to be super low turnout. Apathy, weather, Voter ID.. If you want the stadium, next step is to book some time in your day to go vote. Whoever that will be!

If he wants to represent his constituents views then by all means do so, but that would also mean putting a supportive comment on the portal for the (probably) higher number of stadium supporters that he represents.

Or has he just chosen to represent those he agrees with...

The question I would ask would be why put anything in at all. It shows your hand when these should be council decisions and not ones made by the individual. With his usual colossal ego, IM was always going to comment on this, but why Gant and Levy (and Woodcock I should add for balance) decided to openly put their thoughts out there when the decisions are made as a collective beats me. There can be no good come of it. You’re always going to P**s off one side in this. Just keep schtum.

An FYI to all. Many have suggested that Suzanne McIvor is a property developer since she is listed as a director of Caroline Jayne Church Ltd. This is not the case as the PLC is the estate of a children’s book author and the property aspect to relates to the late author’s abode. I don’t know why McIvor is listed on there as a director. There was a message from the twin sister of Caroline Church on Nextdoor about it and it has caused some upset. For all our sakes, let’s make sure we don’t bring up that again re. McIvor. There are plenty of other aspects to her that are legitimate to criticise.

An FYI to all. Many have suggested that Suzanne McIvor is a property developer since she is listed as a director of Caroline Jayne Church Ltd. This is not the case as the PLC is the estate of a children’s book author and the property aspect to relates to the late author’s abode. I don’t know why McIvor is listed on there as a director. There was a message from the twin sister of Caroline Church on Nextdoor about it and it has caused some upset. For all our sakes, let’s make sure we don’t bring up that again re. McIvor. There are plenty of other aspects to her that are legitimate to criticise.
Thank you for clearing that up.

I don't know and don't agree with his objection but that's the spirit of it and I'm sure it is something his constituents have asked him to raise so he'd be a bit negligent not to. If (as I believe is the case) it won't cause any major issue/any issues can be easily mitigated then the objection won't be upheld but the issue will be seen to have been looked into and dismissed/ameliorated.

If you think it won't be an issue then what difference is an objection. An objection that has no legs is not a threat, surely?
Perhaps you could communicate the above to your friend …

Sounds like someone is upset because his mates been called out for playing politics with our football club
The new stadium will cause mayhem in Eynsham and surrounding areas? You won't even know the games are on if you live that far away.
I live in Littlemore , apart from the extra 8 cars parked outside the catholic church on home match day, you wouldn't know there was a game on.

View attachment 19159
Maybe with plant based food and more EV charging points we can win Victoria over
Vicky brought up forest green with me she suddenly went quiet when I mentioned that it's built in the middle of nowhere with no public transport links and has a 1700 space car park there avg attendance is just over 2k so a car space for every fan nearly very green

Things that are rumored to be happening this week.

The Lib Dem Fight back

BBC Radio Oxford 4 party interviews

The FOSB Meltdown.

The LibDem Fightback - Summary, there's a been a fair few meetings and the long and short of it is, they're coming out positive for the Stadium but they dont want to upset a small subset of middle-aged middle income folks by coming across overly supportive. Some inside the group are suggesting coming across strongly. As alluded to last week, some defense of Gant and Levy is now underway on social media from "friends" of the LibDems, trying to tone down the anger.

Rad Ox will be broadcasting 4 interviews tomorrow AM- Middleton for sure, 1 Tory, 1 LibDem and 1 Labour, should be just before 8. Was going to be more of a debate style but they couldnt sort out all 4 being in the same place. Will be interesting and also will be used for various phone in set ups through the day for listeners to comment on. Now, these are tiny but they do hit the politicians, a good dismissing of Middleton's views by callers would be welcomed by RadOx for sure. Dont forget, Rad Ox have to hit a certain angle, listeners questions are totally open and wanted

The FOSB Meltdown - The numbers weren't what they wanted, Suzie is not as busy as she was. Victoria is again talking to friends about the stress of it all. BUT They're still going and will still push hard. They don't see the mistruths and conflicting information as lies, they see it as a certain point of view and they think we're all nasty bullies. Middleton is very very embattled right now, lower down in the Green Party there's been some further comment about his focus. He's going to be asked to focus on SEND to try and coax him away.

Loving the insights, Swiss. Keep them coming.

I’ll certainly keep an eye out on Rad Ox’s schedules tomorrow. If there is a chance to call in and call our Middleton publicly, I’m all for it. I probably can’t make it if their segment is on at 8am though.

Regarding Victoria, ‘she’ has come out swinging at everyone on Nextdoor lately but her tone is unusually abrasive and confrontational. She can always give some back but my sense is that Trevor is behind her account from time to time. Just a hunch mind although based on rumours that have persisted for a while.

I’ll certainly keep an eye out on Rad Ox’s schedules tomorrow. If there is a chance to call in and call our Middleton publicly, I’m all for it. I probably can’t make it if their segment is on at 8am though.

Regarding Victoria, ‘she’ has come out swinging at everyone on Nextdoor lately but her tone is unusually abrasive and confrontational. She can always give some back but my sense is that Trevor is behind her account from time to time. Just a hunch mind although based on rumours that have persisted for a while.
I've been told by a mutual contact that Trevor is writing most of the stuff these days but to be fair, they have been saying its Trevor behind the notes for a while.

Definitely been our trevIMG_20240424_123501.jpg

Back
Top Bottom