New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

We live in OX5 and my son can't find a part-time job and neither can his friend. Just saying.

The fact they're even using a reason like that anyway is pathetic.
It's another trope that's been trotted out by Steveopedia too. He said no one would work for minimum wage at the stadium.

These people live on a different planet to the majority of people.

It's another trope that's been trotted out by Steveopedia too. He said no one would work for minimum wage at the stadium.

These people live on a different planet to the majority of people.
It's a mixture of coming out with lies and hoping someone believes it and coming from a background where they wouldn't or wouldn't need to work for minimum wage.

Kidlington Development Watch submit a four page, thirty five point diatribe objection and each and every one of them is either opinion, speculation or contrary to factual statements made in planning documents.

Pick of the bunch “ the City Council’s recent submission [sic] Local Plan says that " "The football stadium should remain (unless it has been replaced elsewhere in Oxford or in proximity to Oxford (Policy SPS2)". Oxford’s Local Plan Policy is therefore that “The football stadium should remain” ".
That's Linda Ward who is standing for election on the 2nd May for the Greens we must all get out and vote.

View attachment 19166

Where is the evidence Kidlington is at almost full employment?
Honestly, I almost feel embarrassed for these people.

To end up with a document containing that 'argument' is an indication of failure. It's so riddled with claims which do not pass muster as critical arguments. It's obviously a ludicrous claim. If you include such a thing, you can't be taken seriously.

It's rather like repeating claims that the Triangle is 'too small'. It's been empirically proven that it is not, and if it was too small, planning would be all over it anyway. Do they really think the planners won't consider if a stadium fits?!

The claim about FK being open to OUFC playing at the Kassam from 2026 is the same. It's already been legally assessed by OCC who have access to all of the evidence, not select excerpts of it.

It's fuckwittery on steroids.

I'm stepping up my campaign to have critical appraisal taught in all schools!!

View attachment 19166

Where is the evidence Kidlington is at almost full employment?
This argument is a stupid one, even if it did have full employment that doesn't mean it always will and its completely ignoring the planned population increase after the housing development or that more local employment means employment in other areas becomes available.

It's a silly argument

This argument is a stupid one, even if it did have full employment that doesn't mean it always will and its completely ignoring the planned population increase after the housing development or that more local employment means employment in other areas becomes available.

It's a silly argument

Also people can travel to the stadium for work, just like they do at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom