OUSP News

1673512692857.png

@OUSP Secretary , something that always annoys me is when the club puts things like this out to auction. What happens is the shirts go to the richest fans, everyone else has no chance. Can you bring this up with whoever organises this sort of thing, and in future see if at least some items can be put out to raffle at say £2 per ticket? At least all fans then have a (small) chance of owning a part of club history. It would have been easy to put aside 4 or so shirts as raffle and the rest to auction. It wouldn't surprise me if the raffle items ended up earning more money than the auction ones.

The bigger question is that, as MM swapped shirts with that Arsenal lad, how is his "match worn" shirt still "up for auction"? 🤷‍♂️

PS: I do know each player has 3 shirts per game - 1 for each half plus 1 spare.

Our latest newsletter has our tips and all the links you need background information to put together a message to the Cabinet. Every email counts, if you havent already done so please get writing today.

Please share widely. #saveourstadium

Our latest newsletter has our tips and all the links you need background information to put together a message to the Cabinet. Every email counts, if you havent already done so please get writing today.

Please share widely. #saveourstadium
sent a(nother) email to all the cc cabinet members

already had a(n auto) reply from cllr Tim Bearder

positive and encouraging reply from Oxon CC chair received

she also sent me this link ....

I have emailed both my OCC representatives (Thame & Chinnor; a Conservative and a Green) with the message to relay to the cabinet members that interest in this project is not restricted by geography and that a sustainable and responsible development will be to the benefit of the population of the whole county and beyond.

Followed that up last week with a message that Oxford United represented the county live on national TV against Premier League giants Arsenal in the FA Cup and that the club did not let Oxfordshire down on that occasion and trusted that they, as county councillors, would return that commitment by giving the club their full backing in their efforts to provide a world class facility which the city and county of Oxford and it's residents can be rightly proud of.

Not had a peep back from either; not even an acknowledgement. I'd like to think they are acting behind the scenes, but as I rank politicians below ambulance chasing lawyers, telemarketers and car salesmen in my list of trusted and honourable occupations, I'm not expecting too much.

When the actions of a tiny minority are used as a stick to beat everyone with we are in trouble............... more so when a minority, unaccountable, undemocratic organisation make the stick!

When the actions of a tiny minority are used as a stick to beat everyone with we are in trouble............... more so when a minority, unaccountable, undemocratic organisation make the stick!

They’re asking people to call out the individuals responsible, not calling for a blanket punishment on all. What’s wrong with what they’ve written?

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting that the club chose this moment to highlight flag/banner rules.

They’re asking people to call out the individuals responsible, not calling for a blanket punishment on all. What’s wrong with what they’ve written?

The simple thing to do is to block said nasty folk or adjust the privacy settings to prevent it.

What do they want to happen? A social media witch hunt?

If you ignore it they end up shouting into their own vacuum, if you release statements then folk talk about it, they feel vindicated in a perverse way and carry on.

If they have broken the law its a police matter.

Otherwise we are into "angry mob" scenario and no better than the perpetrators.

The simple thing to do is to block said nasty folk or adjust the privacy settings to prevent it.

What do they want to happen? A social media witch hunt?

If you ignore it they end up shouting into their own vacuum, if you release statements then folk talk about it, they feel vindicated in a perverse way and carry on.

If they have broken the law its a police matter.

Otherwise we are into "angry mob" scenario and no better than the perpetrators.

Let’s cut to the chase, the OUSP could announce free £10k cheques to all and you’d complain about them. They’re certainly your Witch.

Indeed. Do you think they are encouraging people to make sure their flags fit the requirements so they don't have to refuse them entry?

Indeed. It’s very considerate of the club to highlight these issues at this time.

If the chanting was that bad, then people at the club should do their jobs and ban the individuals for the season.
It's not up to us to police it.

Let’s cut to the chase, the OUSP could announce free £10k cheques to all and you’d complain about them. They’re certainly your Witch.

When an unelected group of 6 or 7 people are releasing statements regarding a miniscule vociferous minority then that is a problem.
They would do better to starve said people of the oxygen of publicity.
People who went to Burton might not even have heard or known about said offensive remarks, now they do and are being encouraged to "report rude words"...... and we wonder why football is becoming sterile?
Removal of the passion football ignites in most of us should be limited to the law and/or ground regs.
If the bloke 5 seats away calls an opposing player a rude name that is his passion and view being expressed in his way...........has it "harmed" me? No. Will I text someone to get him thrown out? No. Would I mention it to him in the pub after? More than likely.

As for the root cause analysis.......... give me a genuinely representative organisation that hold elections and are accountable to the group they represent any day.

When an unelected group of 6 or 7 people are releasing statements regarding a miniscule vociferous minority then that is a problem.
They would do better to starve said people of the oxygen of publicity.
People who went to Burton might not even have heard or known about said offensive remarks, now they do and are being encouraged to "report rude words"...... and we wonder why football is becoming sterile?
Removal of the passion football ignites in most of us should be limited to the law and/or ground regs.
If the bloke 5 seats away calls an opposing player a rude name that is his passion and view being expressed in his way...........has it "harmed" me? No. Will I text someone to get him thrown out? No. Would I mention it to him in the pub after? More than likely.

As for the root cause analysis.......... give me a genuinely representative organisation that hold elections and are accountable to the group they represent any day.
You’d actually have to go to the games to mention it to him in a pub though 😉

This does demonstrate that this panel is a tool of the club and it’s being used for saying something the club wouldn’t want to raise at this time. Communication from the panel does always seem to flow in just direction.
Completely agree was a very small minority on Saturday and I could barely hear it from the back.

Back
Top Bottom