Non-League Oxford City

Headington & quarry may not of got on that much, but , headington did play at quarry.

Plus the copacks of quarry, wasn't one of the family on the board of headington/ Oxford United.

On Quarry rec in the very early years, as a former Quarry Rovers player I always enjoy that.
I think that family was involved for a lot of years, still a few supporters among them.

Headington & quarry may not of got on that much, but , headington did play at quarry.

Plus the copacks of quarry, wasn't one of the family on the board of headington/ Oxford United.
Coppocks😂

On Quarry rec in the very early years, as a former Quarry Rovers player I always enjoy that.
I think that family was involved for a lot of years, still a few supporters among them.
Snap.my kit was orange top &blue shorts just like the original colours.

additionally , (re City) I remember being taken to a game at the White House ground, by one of my Uncles, when City were at home to a certain Wycombe Wanders, - I think United were playing away, probably somewhere way up north?..... cant for the life of me recall what the score was, but through foggy memory I do remember that WW did bring a sizeable away following
..... probably more than their current home support ?

maybe City should be WW rivals?

Snap.my kit was orange top &blue shorts just like the original colours
additionally , (re City) I remember being taken to a game at the White House ground, by one of my Uncles, when City were at home to a certain Wycombe Wanders, - I think United were playing away, probably somewhere way up north?..... cant for the life of me recall what the score was, but through foggy memory I do remember that WW did bring a sizeable away following
..... probably more than their current home support ?

maybe City should be WW rivals?
23 miles ,closer than Reading &S*****n one straight road.

I remember the Whitehouse cup & the manor cup lots of finals played at both grounds. Unfortunately nothing played at the souless k****m. Disgrace seeing as it's the major footballing stadium & club in the county.

From my perspective, a year or two for City in the National League Prem would be good fun to see how we would fare, but we are one of the smaller clubs in the South so we would be absolutely tiny in the National Prem

I’ve personally no desire to see City in the football league, I support a non league club, that’s how I like it to be honest.

Sarge, I didn’t know you were related to Derek, he was a lovely chap and really nice for Lee that he still comes along for games, he loves the City

From my perspective, a year or two for City in the National League Prem would be good fun to see how we would fare, but we are one of the smaller clubs in the South so we would be absolutely tiny in the National Prem

I’ve personally no desire to see City in the football league, I support a non league club, that’s how I like it to be honest.

Sarge, I didn’t know you were related to Derek, he was a lovely chap and really nice for Lee that he still comes along for games, he loves the City
Yep, Derek was my Uncle, married to my dads Sister Jean ..... glad to hear Lee still goes to City games

We got invited into the directors box at the white house ground for a game years ago, I think the chairman was trying to convert us from Utd to city, got to half time and we were asked to leave.

Play off quarter final at court place farm on weds if anyone fancies going along to lend support and boost the coffers....

Already have 3 tickets, don't mind going along to support a local team if we're not playing or I can't make the away trip that week due to work. Atmosphere much improved there nowadays too.

My uncle Bill lived in Marborough Road and was a big City fan. He was assistent secretary in the 50s and 60s. Tried to make me a City fan but my dad took me to see Weymouth v Headington in the cup when I was six. Headington lost but I was a convert and have been ever since.
I do have a soft spot for City but as has been said they will not get much higher without a heavy cash injection. But even then Oxford is not big enough for 2 big clubs.

Play off quarter final at court place farm on weds if anyone fancies going along to lend support and boost the coffers....
I’m going, this is the first season I’ve seen them and I’ve been impressed with the standard of football. It’s quick, City isn’t a place where knackered old pros can go for a rest.

work permitting, I may take a walk down to CPF wed eve

And remember (as if anyone could forget!) it was when Headington football club united with Headington Quarry football club in 1919 that the name Headington United was first used.

Ask @Sarge he'll remember.

Back
Top Bottom