Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 3 2.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sarge

God like member
Absolutely incompetant display exactly how not to referee a game of football.

Inconsistant to say the least

Books Barton in the first half then allows him to berate the 4th official for the rest of the game with no further action.

Foul on Mills not given when Gas scored, Foul on Brannagan in the build up to Mills straight red - nothing given for either

Mills pushed in the face in the red card incident again nothing given

Mather shouldn't be let near sunday league games never mind EFL games , he was shockingly bad - 1 from me simply because there's no 0 score

I still think the second yellow for Smyth was harsh, he had his back to the linesman and played the ball, not very far, for Murphy. Not like he booted out 30ft away!
They make a rule where kicking the ball away is a yellow card so there is then no discretion when a player kicks a ball away just a few yards, its basically the same as kicking it out of the stadium. Refs should use common sense so we are not getting players sent off for basically nothing.

They make a rule where kicking the ball away is a yellow card so there is then no discretion when a player kicks a ball away just a few yards, its basically the same as kicking it out of the stadium. Refs should use common sense so we are not getting players sent off for basically nothing.
Mather used no common sense at all. He seemed intent on booking players for minuscule infractions.

3 now 😡
For some polls mods can see the voters.
Unfortunately not on this one. I would like to to give those 3 children a good talking to.

I reckon if you edit the opening post you'll be able to turn the option on like you can when you first set up the thread.

3 now 😡
For some polls mods can see the voters.
Unfortunately not on this one. I would like to to give those 3 children a good talking to.
We can’t even accuse opposition fans as they thought that he was dreadful too.

Awful ref.The more I watch the Mills sending off I'm convinced he took the ball.No foul imo.

I just read this on the BBC web site:

Cracking run through the middle by Rico Lewis. He is fouled, the whistle blows for a free kick, but Lewis gets up anyway and drives a shot into the back of the net. It won't count, though, with the whistle having already gone and Arsenal players having stopped in readiness for the set piece.

And incredibly, Mr. Mather, there was no reason to give Lewis a yellow card. Of all the ridiculous things Mather did, that first yellow for BR's Brown was the most ridiculous. Though not giving the foul on Lee was pretty close. As was the red for Lee. Oh, well, just about everything he did was so ridiculous it's hard to find a winner.

The ref set a dreadful and ruthless standard early on and then had to abide to this to remain consistent and it completely ruined the game for both teams. Absolutely no thought whatsoever in decisions and lost control very early on. Then spent the remainder of the game trying to regain and assert some authority. An absolute far-cry from the one a few weeks ago against Exeter who got every decision correct for both teams, had control at all times and allowed the game to flow.

I saw a clip of the Birmingham penalty against West Brom and the standard of officiating is a shambles - striker tripped, fell into the defender and then got a penalty! We really need AI referees at this rate:ROFLMAO:

He really didn't know what he was doing.

Late on Rueben had a shot that went over, a BR player went down and had treatment.
When it was time to restart, he didn't have a clue that it was a goal kick to them.

Or players should just not kick the ball away
🤷🤷🤷

Or players should just not kick the ball away
🤷🤷🤷
If they are kicking out of the stadium, yep book them, a tap back of a few yards doesnt really require players getting booked.

Their player’s first yellow was insanely harsh. They were 1-0 down, why would he waste time by kicking the ball away? It was miliseconds after the whistle was blown! Smyth’s first yellow was also really harsh. Can’t really argue with the second yellow for either player but the first for both was harsh.

The whole catching the ball before the whistle went was absolutely bizarre.

On the build up to the Smyth sending off Brannagan was smashed after the ball was played and he didn’t punish that player either.

A better referee would have kept that game 11 vs 11.
After watching it back I actually think Smyths second yellow was harsh too. It was a genuine attempt to play a pass to Murphy, he had already started to kick the ball when the whistle blew and he wasn’t deliberately trying to waste time.

The problem is there is a dire shortage of referees. Many already in the game are giving up because of the abuse they get, while it is increasingly difficult to entice newcomers for the same reason. If people want better standards of refereeing then they should stop giving them so much grief that they leave the game, meaning inexperienced ones have to be promoted from the lower leagues every season

If they are kicking out of the stadium, yep book them, a tap back of a few yards doesnt really require players getting booked.
Petulance had no redeeming features.

I wasn't at the game and therefore cannot give a mark on the referee performance.
Plenty have said that he wasn't very good so I'll accept that.
However, having seen the two minute highlights, the second yellow cards and the red card are correct (in my opinion).
The Rovers player appears to catch Murphy as he runs through. Yellow card.
Smyth kicks the ball away and all players should know that this is no longer just a ticking off. Yellow card.
The Mills tackle is a scissors type challenge which usually results in a red card.

Can't players not use common sense and not kick the Ball away?

I never comment on referees, but this guy was something else. The standard of refereeing at this level needs a long hard look at in my opinion.
Players at this level make mistakes just like referees. I bet those referees get pretty fed up with the standard of football at this level too. The players are certainly no better than the referees.

Back
Top Bottom