Potential New Ground

Status
Not open for further replies.
This has all been known about for some time. Various plans have been circulated and various sites investigated. Nothing has been publicly decided and no overheard conversations in the ground would really have any merit.

Depends whom was talking......... :geek:

Relevance?
Erick Thohir has experience of building and developing DC United's Audi stadium in USA.
The article has examples of new NFL stadiums in USA.
Whilst I substantially doubt any potential new ground will be as expensive, perhaps some of the ideas may be relevant.

Erick Thohir has experience of building and developing DC United's Audi stadium in USA.
The article has examples of new NFL stadiums in USA.
Whilst I substantially doubt any potential new ground will be as expensive, perhaps some of the ideas may be relevant.
In fairness, his expertise has been discussed at length. Just think you might be a little disappointed if comparing the New Manor with a a $1.5bn build!!

I can't help thinking that what snippets we have heard indicate that the 'stadium' issue (land, permissions, timescales etc) is nowhere near as near to being cut and dried as I'd like to believe. I suspect the intention is very much there but (surprise, surprise) it is all proving slower and more difficult than expected to actually carry it out.

I can't help thinking that what snippets we have heard indicate that the 'stadium' issue (land, permissions, timescales etc) is nowhere near as near to being cut and dried as I'd like to believe. I suspect the intention is very much there but (surprise, surprise) it is all proving slower and more difficult than expected to actually carry it out.
I think we might be listening to different snippets.

I'll believe nothing until some ground is broken to be fair, we've been down this path many times before. The only thing the current rumours have going for them is Colin B is onboard with them, he's one of the posters on here who when he posts I take notice of, and the last OxVox communique suggesting that irons are in the fire. Certainly no chickens being counted by me however.

I hope your confidence is proven to be correct, although I doubt that Sam Long's mum knows much more about the plans than the rest of us, no matter how much wine you provide... 🤣
She's rubbish!!! Didn't even tell me that he was injured earlier in the season! No more Pinot Blush for Mrs Long!!!!

My 'snippets' are only what has been released into the public domain. Which is all I can go on.

I hope my observation ages very badly indeed, but as SteMerrit says - this is a road we have been down many times before, so you'll have to excuse me personally not jumping up and down with excitement until something is actually, publicly confirmed.

Are these the snippets that led you to say the following back on page 2 of this thread back in August 2019?:

My understanding is that we are far closer to being able to announce something than many people realise, and that once we do then things will happen very quickly. I will go as far to say that I would put a huge amount of money on the fact that we will be in our new home long before we have to worry about the lease running out.

When will you start to worry about the lease running out? I think some of us plebs are starting to worry about the lease running out...

Are these the snippets that led you to say the following back on page 2 of this thread back in August 2019?:

My understanding is that we are far closer to being able to announce something than many people realise, and that once we do then things will happen very quickly. I will go as far to say that I would put a huge amount of money on the fact that we will be in our new home long before we have to worry about the lease running out.

When will you start to worry about the lease running out? I think some of us plebs are starting to worry about the lease running out...

There is a huge difference between being wrong and circumstances beyond anyone's control changing.

And as I've said numerous times, covid happened and we lost around a year of being able to progress. The timeframes have inevitably changed, to the point where I no longer try to put an end date on things.

I've also said that discussions have been in place for some time to agree a rolling end date to our current lease deal, so I'm not worried about it running out and actually have more confidence of that than in August 2019 as a result.

Got a free ticket for the Spurs ground tour so went along to have a look, smaller version of that stadium would do us fine, just get on with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom