Potential New Ground

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a free ticket for the Spurs ground tour so went along to have a look, smaller version of that stadium would do us fine, just get on with it.
Well, the same firm of architects would be no surprise to some.

if we do get a new stadium, would I be correct in thinking we would be the only professional team in the UK to move home twice this century?

Darlington
Kettering Town
Not an inspiring list
Scunthorpe wanted a new stadium (not sure when they moved in)

I guess that's all on hold now they're at the bottom of league two. Those Scunthorpe and Walsall new builds are arguably even worse than ours, what do people reckon?

I guess that's all on hold now they're at the bottom of league two. Those Scunthorpe and Walsall new builds are arguably even worse than ours, what do people reckon?
Yes, Scunthorpe were never happy about their ground. There are also quite a few tinpot new grounds - Morecombe, Chesterfield, York...

Walsall’s ground is 30 years old now.

Not too old in UK football stadium terms. It's still better than Scunthorpe's

But not a new ground, it was a feature of any journeys to the north west to watch Oxford on the London road club coaches when I was a kid, I haven’t been on one of those for 26 years now. Wouldn’t count the Kassam as a new ground either despite the fact it’s not even finished (and never will be).

One of the the oldest grounds in English football, Maidenhead United, has recently been sold for housing to be built on it .... I was recently told that by someone who lives out that way

One of the the oldest grounds in English football, Maidenhead United, has recently been sold for housing to be built on it .... I was recently told that by someone who lives out that way
That's sad, the UK will be just one giant housing estate by the time I'm dead.

That's sad, the UK will be just one giant housing estate by the time I'm dead.
No, we are still around 90% rural in England, the most densely populated country of the UK. I don't think you need to worry about that one...

1633505217462.png

Before long I'll be moving over to Sweden (the missus' homeland) and their rural/housing ratio is delightful. Country almost double the size of the UK (173,860 sq miles to our 93,628 sq miles) with the population not that much bigger than that of London.

Space to stretch my legs a bit.

Bit of a commute to watch us play, but at least their colours are yellow and blue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom