Matches Pre season games.......2022

Didn't see the goal but the RadOx commentary made it sound like a great team goal

Why do most trialists we have require the words ‘if he stays fit’ to appear next to their name?

Why do most trialists we have require the words ‘if he stays fit’ to appear next to their name?
Because otherwise we wouldn't be in with a sniff of signing them, believe Coventry wanted big big money for Jones when we enquired before.

Any danger of Craig Short getting his tongue out of Derby’s a**e on Radio Oxford right now?

• React
Reactions: UTM
To be fair , l thought that ! They are massive club .... Blah , Blah , Blah .

Hardest time to play them
30,000 crowd
Happy place again
Quality signings

If you’ve bought your tickets lads I’d get a refund. No point going because Derby are massive 🙄

Cheer everyone up Craig, why don’t you!

• React
Reactions: UTM
Hardest time to play them
30,000 crowd
Happy place again
Quality signings

If you’ve bought your tickets lads I’d get a refund. No point going because Derby are massive 🙄

Cheer everyone up Craig, why don’t you!
True though right? It's going to be a tough game with our squad.

Good game tonight very enjoyable. Not going to be negative, but defence is going to be our achilleas heel unless it’s addressed. Jodi Jones is well worth taking a chance on.
Fully agree. We need a decent LB, RB and cover for CB.
Jodi Jones is a gamble but would be decent with a month of full training. The question is whether we gamble a decent wage on him. It would be unlikely that we get 40 matches out of him.

Robbo seemed to be permanently on the phone. I've said before that it's great that he wants to have such a hands on approach to signings, but the days of managers doing the signings are in the past. You need a dedicated head with strong connections to seal the deals. Robbo can by all means filter the players he wants, but should be focusing on the current squad during matches.

Thanks again for the reports from those that were there last night.

I do find it interesting how little comment there is on this thread about something that did actually happen, compared to the one about some things that may or may not.

Thanks to those who are actually at these games posting up their thoughts on what they saw. 👍👍🙌

Davis appears to be quite involved a lot, and scored a good goal last night, so do those that have now seen him a couple of times think he would be worth a place in the squad this season, perhaps as a regular option off the bench?

What appears to be his best position?

Also, how is spasov looking? He's coming back after a long injury layoff, but does there still appear to be something there that can be used (especially as he's young enough to not be using up a squad place)?
Less time on the pitch last night, but the same questions about Davis and spasov???
Thoughts??

Back
Top Bottom