Manager/Coach Rumour: Robbo to Bournemouth?

And why is that? What has Appleton done, away from Oxford? Jumped ship to play second fiddle at Leicester and end up exactly where he started? Before that, he was Blackpool’s shortest serving manager. In 2011, he took Portsmouth down. Yeah, they’re going well this season but I would rather have Karl managing my club than Appleton. Laughable comment. Oxford United have done great things under Karl, on and off the pitch.
Personally I think comparing Appleton to Robinson is like comparing eggs with eggs.

Some people are just never happy.

Which success is that? One utterly bottled playoff final?
In my view that it just a ridiculous comment.
Being in the Top 6, especially when clubs such as Sunderland and Ipswich don't make it is a success. Just like Accrington bring in the Top 10 this season would be a huge success. Presumably on your basis of success Accrington will never achieve in L1 unless they go up?
Bottled play offs? We beat Portsmouth in the semis who were firm favourites with the bookies.
We lost a one off 'Cup' game in the middle of a pandemic. We probably deserved to win the final.

In my view that it just a ridiculous comment.
Being in the Top 6, especially when clubs such as Sunderland and Ipswich don't make it is a success. Just like Accrington bring in the Top 10 this season would be a huge success. Presumably on your basis of success Accrington will never achieve in L1 unless they go up?
Bottled play offs? We beat Portsmouth in the semis who were firm favourites with the bookies.
We lost a one off 'Cup' game in the middle of a pandemic. We probably deserved to win the final.
We’d have gone up in the automatics if the pandemic didn’t happen. I can say that with confidence because we were in great form at the time and we had a pretty favourable run of games ahead. Anyway, that doesn’t matter to some people on here that clearly have an agenda against Karl..

We’d have gone up in the automatics if the pandemic didn’t happen. I can say that with confidence because we were in great form at the time and we had a pretty favourable run of games ahead. Anyway, that doesn’t matter to some people on here that clearly have an agenda against Karl..

The one thing I reckon was very likely is that Rotherham wouldn't have been a Championship team now without the Pandemic as they were in the process of falling out of the automatic places.

The one thing I reckon was very likely is that Rotherham wouldn't have been a Championship team now without the Pandemic as they were in the process of falling out of the automatic places.
Yeeeeeep. We were on the up, and they were on the way down. Criminal that those C***s in Wycombe were even in the play offs. Ah well, let’s do it this season!

Which success is that? One utterly bottled playoff final?

If anyone is looking at a manager from our league to step up, based on success, The current Lincoln manager would be the only one worthy of consideration at this point.
Although he jumped ship to go to Leicester how long before he was sacked? 2 years and with all the money they have.

App left to work with a long time mate as no. 2 at Leicester and probably tripled his salary.
he’s now doing amazing things at Lincoln.
I reckon he’s a better fit for Bournemouth than KR.

App left to work with a long time mate as no. 2 at Leicester and probably tripled his salary.
he’s now doing amazing things at Lincoln.
I reckon he’s a better fit for Bournemouth than KR.
It depends of whether Bournemouth want instant results.
I think that MAPP could do well there but if they want Promotion this season MAPP will not be their man.
MAPP needs his own type of player to succeed. As opposed to for example CW, who is excellent at making the most of very average players.

A quick glance at the Championship table and ponder on whether Wycombe are enjoying their season is in order I think...
The only downside is that their fans don't get to witness their abject performances and ritual humiliation first hand each week.

That said, I wish Obita all the best!

Anyway, back to comparing eggs. Clearly none of those are Appleton - no tats or guns.

Back
Top Bottom