International News Russian War With Ukraine

Russia has deployed chemical munitions against both military and civilian targets many times in the past. The West is outraged and does precisely fcuk all except expel a diplomat or two.

This will be no different.... πŸ˜₯πŸ˜₯

Sadly not, all the war crimes that have happened including chemical weapon attacks will be noted and filed, and unless a moderate Russian government come in the those guilty of these crimes will never be brought to justice.
Making matters worse for Mariupol is the newly appointed general in southern Ukraine General Mizintsev who is known as a butcher things tragically will get worse.
Just hope someone can assassinate this General

Russia has deployed chemical munitions against both military and civilian targets many times in the past. The West is outraged and does precisely fcuk all except expel a diplomat or two.

This will be no different.... πŸ˜₯πŸ˜₯

At the very least it could mean offensive weapons being supplied by NATO forces. I think this has guaranteed ourselves and the US supplying Anti-ship missiles. This may also speed up Finland and Sweden joining NATO even more.

Am I wrong in thinking that Putin is 100% deranged enough to fire a nuclear weapon?

He is not a rational actor. He is a psychotic killer.

Am I wrong in thinking that Putin is 100% deranged enough to fire a nuclear weapon?

He is not a rational actor. He is a psychotic killer.

You like to think (hope!) there are enough sane people between him and the red button.

Sure it was covered on this thread about how the chain of command works over there.

The next question...... would the retaliation be a tactical move to take out Putin and his inner circle or something far more devastating?

Countries like Finland would have been fearful of angering Russia only a couple of months ago. But now the Russian military has shown itself to be far weaker and disorganised than anyone would have expected and now it's the perfect opportunity to align themselves with NATO.

The nuclear deterant is very real, but far from a given. Anyone going down that route knows that it's a suicide mission. Putin may not care, but plenty of those around him will. Its far more likely that as sanctions pinch even further, Putin will be disposed and a new, more open Russia will find a way to rebuild like the late 80's but this time with economic recovery shared more widely.

Countries like Finland would have been fearful of angering Russia only a couple of months ago. But now the Russian military has shown itself to be far weaker and disorganised than anyone would have expected and now it's the perfect opportunity to align themselves with NATO.

The nuclear deterant is very real, but far from a given. Anyone going down that route knows that it's a suicide mission. Putin may not care, but plenty of those around him will. Its far more likely that as sanctions pinch even further, Putin will be disposed and a new, more open Russia will find a way to rebuild like the late 80's but this time with economic recovery shared more widely.
This is what worries me.
A) Just how indoctrinated is his 'inner circle', you would think to survive in his inner circle you'd have to be as dedicated and psychotic as Putin.
B) Not following orders from Putin is a death sentence, so if Putin does want to fire a hypersonic weapon who has the balls to say no, and even if they did one of his other cronies would.

Just like I've mentioned on here before like I think we are asleep on the China threat I think we are asleep on just how dangerous Putin is. Too many people are still crediting him as a "tactician" etc, when the man is a bloodthirsty psychopath living out a fantasy.

I want to believe a more open Russia will happen one day but Putin is systematically closing down the pathways to that. See the video I sent a few posts up - any relatively pro-west Russians are feeling totally helpless. Putin won't let his successor be someone who won't continue his warped ideology.

From above:

French presidential candidate Marine Le Pen says she will propose closer relations between Nato and Russia if she wins power.

At a news conference, the far-right politician called for a β€œstrategic rapprochement” between the two once the war in Ukraine was over.

She added that she would pull France out of Nato’s military command structure, if she proved victorious.

But she said she would continue to respect a key Nato pact under which an attack on one member of the military alliance is seen as an attack on all 30 members.

Russia has opposed any expansion by Nato towards its borders - including any effort by its neighbour Ukraine to join the military alliance. Nato has sent weapons to the Ukrainian army during the conflict.

Le Pen will battle Emmanuel Macron for the presidency in a run-off election later this month.

Some have accused her of being too close to Russia.

She has publicly condemned the invasion of Ukraine, but visited President Putin before the previous French election in 2017. Her party has also used Russian loans.

Will this have a big impact on the French election? Could be big for Ukraine. Personally it screws any chance she has and I don't like Macron particularly but he is far more preferable than Le Pen.

From above:

French presidential candidate Marine Le Pen says she will propose closer relations between Nato and Russia if she wins power.

At a news conference, the far-right politician called for a β€œstrategic rapprochement” between the two once the war in Ukraine was over.

She added that she would pull France out of Nato’s military command structure, if she proved victorious.

But she said she would continue to respect a key Nato pact under which an attack on one member of the military alliance is seen as an attack on all 30 members.

Russia has opposed any expansion by Nato towards its borders - including any effort by its neighbour Ukraine to join the military alliance. Nato has sent weapons to the Ukrainian army during the conflict.

Le Pen will battle Emmanuel Macron for the presidency in a run-off election later this month.

Some have accused her of being too close to Russia.

She has publicly condemned the invasion of Ukraine, but visited President Putin before the previous French election in 2017. Her party has also used Russian loans.

Will this have a big impact on the French election? Could be big for Ukraine. Personally it screws any chance she has and I don't like Macron particularly but he is far more preferable than Le Pen.
France's system makes Le Pen getting power extremely unlikely. I agree with Le Pen on certain things but she's way off the mark wanting to withdraw from Nato.

More empty Russian threats with the threat about moving nuclear weapons to the Baltics as they are already there.

Also, the Russians appear to have lost their Black Sea fleet flagship "The Moskva", either severely damaged or straight out sunk.

More empty Russian threats with the threat about moving nuclear weapons to the Baltics as they are already there.

Also, the Russians appear to have lost their Black Sea fleet flagship "The Moskva", either severely damaged or straight out sunk.

That does depend on who you believe πŸ˜‰

Back
Top Bottom