International News Russian War With Ukraine

What reports? That would be world war three so don’t fling around idle chat

This is from today.

Vladimir Dzhabarov from Russia's upper house, the Federation Council, said that any move by Helsinki to join NATO would be a "strategic mistake."

He said that Finland had developed close ties with Russia but NATO membership would mean "it would become a target."

However, he said that it was unlikely that "the Finns themselves will sign a card for the destruction of their country," in comments reported on Wednesday by Russian state-owned domestic news agency RIA Novosti.

This is from today.

Vladimir Dzhabarov from Russia's upper house, the Federation Council, said that any move by Helsinki to join NATO would be a "strategic mistake."

He said that Finland had developed close ties with Russia but NATO membership would mean "it would become a target."

However, he said that it was unlikely that "the Finns themselves will sign a card for the destruction of their country," in comments reported on Wednesday by Russian state-owned domestic news agency RIA Novosti.
Looks like a clear threat to Finland

This is from today.

Ah ok, not quite what I thought you meant. I don’t think they’re going to rush to join NATO without thinking hard.

Ah ok, not quite what I thought you meant. I don’t think they’re going to rush to join NATO without thinking hard.

For the 1st time recently it seems public opinion is in favour of joining. The threats are only likely to increase this I reckon. The political establishment are moving in that direction whilst the business community is already in favour apparently according to a Newsnight on the subject.

The Russians apparently believe that Finland attacked them in the WW2

A "real embargo" on Russian energy by Western countries could stop war in Ukraine, President Putin's former chief economic adviser has suggested.

Dr Andrei Illarionov said Russia "did not take seriously" other countries' threats to reduce their energy usage.
Despite trying to reduce its reliance on Russian sources, Europe is continuing to buy oil and gas.
Last year, soaring prices meant oil and gas revenues accounted for 36% of Russia's government spending.
Much of that income comes from the European Union, which imports about 40% of its gas and 27% of its oil from Russia.
This week, its top diplomat Josep Borrell said "a billion [euros] is what we pay Putin every day for the energy he supplies us".

Dr Illarionov said if Western countries "would try to implement a real embargo on oil and gas exports from Russia... I would bet that probably within a month or two, Russian military operations in Ukraine, probably will be ceased, will be stopped".
"It's one of the very effective instruments still in the possession of the Western countries," he added.

A "real embargo" on Russian energy by Western countries could stop war in Ukraine, President Putin's former chief economic adviser has suggested.

Dr Andrei Illarionov said Russia "did not take seriously" other countries' threats to reduce their energy usage.
Despite trying to reduce its reliance on Russian sources, Europe is continuing to buy oil and gas.
Last year, soaring prices meant oil and gas revenues accounted for 36% of Russia's government spending.
Much of that income comes from the European Union, which imports about 40% of its gas and 27% of its oil from Russia.
This week, its top diplomat Josep Borrell said "a billion [euros] is what we pay Putin every day for the energy he supplies us".

Dr Illarionov said if Western countries "would try to implement a real embargo on oil and gas exports from Russia... I would bet that probably within a month or two, Russian military operations in Ukraine, probably will be ceased, will be stopped".
"It's one of the very effective instruments still in the possession of the Western countries," he added.
That would probably work but it would take quite some time to implement, but I hope the western world are or will be looking at this action.

So ex-Finnish Prime Minister Alexander Stubbs reckons Finland will start the process of joining NATO in weeks and Sweden's ruling party are starting the internal discussion while 2 right wing parties have said they want to join NATO.

Last edited:
Russia has deployed chemical munitions against both military and civilian targets many times in the past. The West is outraged and does precisely fcuk all except expel a diplomat or two.

This will be no different.... 😥😥

Back
Top Bottom