Ex Player Stanley Mills

Still staggering that the Rovers captain can push Mills in the face and not get a second yellow.
When the referee went to get a card out I assumed it was the second yellow to be followed by a red.
The person who really cocked up was the linesman who flagged for the foul and then spoke to the referee. The linesman was on the far side of the incident so didn’t get the best view, the referee had a far better view.

Just goes to show how effective gaslighting is because, left to my own devices, I thought ‘Wow! That’s never a red!’ But then I read the many, many posts on here saying it was a blatant, deserved red and would never ever be overturned, and I started to believe it
Is this a joke?

Worth a watch, seems a mature lad for his age although I question his 9 handicap based on this video. Also speaks positively about his loan experience (although he cant really slag us off can he!)

Mills tipped as a loan star to potentially return to his EPL club.
Let’s pick a loan player from each Premiership club who is doing ok.
If he was recalled, he’d be a bench warmer with the occasional appearance.
Here he’s playing regularly and learning his craft.

Let’s pick a loan player from each Premiership club who is doing ok.
If he was recalled, he’d be a bench warmer with the occasional appearance.
Here he’s playing regularly and learning his craft.

I doubt he'd even be a bench warmer currently, maybe at best in the Championship he'd be a bench warmer with the occasional minutes. He is at present at a decent L1 standard but has the potential to be so much better.

Mills tipped as a loan star to potentially return to his EPL club.
I can't see him near the Everton bench this season and why would he go back now?
As somebody suggested, he is learning at Oxford- I don't think that he would be a starter in a decent Championship team.

As an aside, I hadn't realised that McNally is on loan from Burnley to Stoke. On.the basis that Burnley are likely to go down, McNally could be back at Burnley next season.

I think we need to see a lot more from this man. He goes missing for big patches of games and his aggression / workrate / physicality isn’t up there with Tyler’s in terms of protecting his full back

I think we need to see a lot more from this man. He goes missing for big patches of games and his aggression / workrate / physicality isn’t up there with Tyler’s in terms of protecting his full back
I take your point but think he adds as much going forward as you can reasonably expect from a typical winger at this level to be honest. Adds threat in behind with pace, quite regularly beats his man when he fronts him up, and has pretty decent end product. I can’t think of another winger who’s directly contributed to more goals this season off the top of my head (edit: for OUFC). And he’s generally fine covering back, though no more than that.

I think his issue is he consistently fades badly after about 60 mins. Regularly looks shagged and stops chasing back at all. Didn’t affect us too badly today but against Bolton especially it probably should have lost us the game. He’s probably a victim of being overplayed at the minute, as we don’t have any other option for the RW. He was a real threat off the bench earlier in the season and, while I think his defensive play has improved as a result of consistent starts, I think he could do with some rotation.

I take your point but think he adds as much going forward as you can reasonably expect from a typical winger at this level to be honest. Adds threat in behind with pace, quite regularly beats his man when he fronts him up, and has pretty decent end product. I can’t think of another winger who’s directly contributed to more goals this season off the top of my head (edit: for OUFC). And he’s generally fine covering back, though no more than that.

I think his issue is he consistently fades badly after about 60 mins. Regularly looks shagged and stops chasing back at all. Didn’t affect us too badly today but against Bolton especially it probably should have lost us the game. He’s probably a victim of being overplayed at the minute, as we don’t have any other option for the RW. He was a real threat off the bench earlier in the season and, while I think his defensive play has improved as a result of consistent starts, I think he could do with some rotation.

I’m not saying he needs dropping. I just think we need to see more from him. I accept he’s probably exhausted as he’s playing every game but equally I feel he’s a bit of a soft touch sometimes. We got massacred down that flank for 45 minutes today

I’ve said it before, I’d like us to try and sign Fred Onyedinma in January. He’s on loan at Rotherham from Luton but, unless he’s injured, he doesn’t seem to be getting many minutes.

He would provide pace and power that, as a team, we’re lacking at the moment.

I’m not saying he needs dropping. I just think we need to see more from him. I accept he’s probably exhausted as he’s playing every game but equally I feel he’s a bit of a soft touch sometimes. We got massacred down that flank for 45 minutes today
Agreed (although I think Stevens in that first half certainly didn’t help - comfortably his worst 45 for us). The flip side I think is that our few good moments going forward in that first half did actually come from him linking well with RR and putting some dangerous balls across.

As I say, just think he could do with some rotation.

He is very much a knock it past the fullback and run type of winger. If that doesn't work (if the defender is too strong or quick) then he spends the game cutting back inside. I am a bit surprised that a premier league academy star winger doesn't have a few more tricks up his sleeve. I can't remember ever seeing him doing a step over etc for example. I think he has had a mixed loan period but would definitely keep him I just think he needs some consistent competition.

Cracking player still young but makes something happen most games .Wingers are hit and miss in any time but he rarely let's you down.

Back
Top Bottom