Dot Counting Stevenage Crowd - Sell Out?

Attendance tracking
OK, here goes, first dot count for a while, and it looks like good news.

I did a preliminary count yesterday evening, before another one early this morning, and the figures look good. We are currently at just over 7,000 home GA sales, a figure only beaten this season by the Christmas games, and the Reading game. This sets us up for about 9,000 home fans. Peterborough should surely bring over 1,000 meaning 10,000 is likely.

What is interesting though, is that when I counted last night there were a lot of light blue dots, meaning sales in progress. There are sometimes a few, but I had never seen so many as last night. When I did my count first thing this morning we'd sold 150 since last night, and once again, there were quite a few light blue dots. I'm taking this as people getting onboard and wouldn't be surprised to see really heavy sales this week.

I'll probably have a look at Lincoln sales midweek.

I buy a ticket weekly from the ticket office.
Today I'm going up there & buying 3 for the final 3 games just in case.
I don't expect a deal, by rights we should be selling these games out. Deals should be done pre arranged at the beginning of the season. Tranmere played on Friday nights & there attendances was better than a Saturday. I think that might of been because of Liverpool & Everton playing?????

I dont think ticket sales for these 3 games are going to gather any momentum .
I believe the club don't have much interest in even promoting the matches .
We couldn't even sell out for Shrewsbury & Burton away which is disappointing.
Exeter away should be a sell out but still plenty of tickets remain .

If you can can only get to/afford one game it will probably be Peterborough or Lincoln you plump for, if you can do two it will be Peterborough and Lincoln, as why wait to go to a Stevenage game that if we lose the two others it most likely be over, plus Stevenage is on TV so you can still watch it anyway. I expect better crowds for the first two with a smaller home crowd plus very few away fans for the Stevenage game.

Well duh!

So you're going to ignore the data that I posted above, which suggests a very good crowd, and just post more negative drivel, because that's what you do.

There are some negative posters on here, but you take the biscuit. Or are you a parody account?

That seems to be nonsense.
Peterborough looks very likely to be over 10k from Colin's numbers.
What do you think that the attendance for the Peterborough game will be?

We took over 1000 to both Shrewsbury and Burton. We may have not sold out completely but it weren't far off a sell out at both. Exeter is over 2 weeks away and not even on general sale until Thursday.

The club have promoted the last 3 matches all over social media and even had a text message from them.

Like I said above if fans can make the effort to attend the play off semi finals or a final they should make more effort for the next 3 home games. No more excuses let's fill the ground!

Agree.

On a plus note our average home attendance for this season stands at 8934 with 3 huge home games to come this should push over 9k. Last time we had a 9k average was 1992/1993 in the first division.

We can take over 30k to Wembley so why can't some of these come down the Kassam for the next 3 games and fill it?

No more excuses !
Surprised by that average attendance. The Kassam is a soulless hell hole and we're still in a cost of living crisis. Bloody good effort particularly with questionable quality of football on offer for much of the second half of the season (until Fleetwood).

Still plenty of tickets available for Peterborough to buy for next Saturday.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240408_112343_Chrome Beta.jpg
    Screenshot_20240408_112343_Chrome Beta.jpg
    557.9 KB · Views: 38
Friday night being 10K is conditional on results in the other two I'd say.

Tough ask anyway, what with it being televised.
True. Think Posh & Lincoln will definitely be 10k. We could have play-offs all but wrapped up by Stevenage if we beat both Posh & Lincoln.

I'm definitely doing those 2, but as you say Stevenage is probably conditional. Bit of a hassle from work on a Friday.

OK, here goes, first dot count for a while, and it looks like good news.

I did a preliminary count yesterday evening, before another one early this morning, and the figures look good. We are currently at just over 7,000 home GA sales, a figure only beaten this season by the Christmas games, and the Reading game. This sets us up for about 9,000 home fans. Peterborough should surely bring over 1,000 meaning 10,000 is likely.

What is interesting though, is that when I counted last night there were a lot of light blue dots, meaning sales in progress. There are sometimes a few, but I had never seen so many as last night. When I did my count first thing this morning we'd sold 150 since last night, and once again, there were quite a few light blue dots. I'm taking this as people getting onboard and wouldn't be surprised to see really heavy sales this week.

I'll probably have a look at Lincoln sales midweek.

Very good sales on Monday left us at 7,250 at midnight on Monday. For those who are numerically challenged that means sales of 250 yesterday, which is very good for a Monday.

It was interesting to see that a lot of light blue "sales in progress" dots were showing again, so fearing a glitch in our ticket system (surely not???!!!) I checked again this morning and they are all greyed out as sold, with a smaller number of transactions currently taking place in three different blocks, so all good.

Surprised by that average attendance. The Kassam is a soulless hell hole and we're still in a cost of living crisis. Bloody good effort particularly with questionable quality of football on offer for much of the second half of the season (until Fleetwood).
Yep me too. Basically there is more appetite today than when moody, Byrne, Joey and Elliot were in the line up!!!

It's one of the few fairly cheap days out left.

The family stand always seems at decent capacity, which makes sense when you consider you can take your kid to the game for a combined cost of less than £30 (if they're under 13). Have food at home instead of eating out and it's a cheap day out by today's standards.

Oxfordshire's population has significantly increased since the old manor days .
So you would expect bigger crowds.
The potential is certainly there for higher up the leagues. That's by 2022, a increase of 200,30.000 extra people & rising.... so 10,000 should be doable...Screenshot_2024-04-09-09-43-41-93_680d03679600f7af0b4c700c6b270fe7.jpgScreenshot_2024-04-09-09-45-22-06_680d03679600f7af0b4c700c6b270fe7.jpg

I’m not sure that offering deals for the final 3 would make any commercial sense at all.

We should be filing the ground at full price, with people that want to be there to see us reach the play offs and get behind the football club.

Save the deals for when we play the tin pot northern sides in mid winter.

It looks as if the club have advertised that tickets are available and their SM post references all three games with no deals attributed. Glad to see it.

£6,000,000 losses this year, some want to pay off the existing manager and some want a ticket deal to the crucial final 3 instead of paying full price. Can’t make it up.

Get there if you can.
Only thing the club could say,if you attend all 3,you get first dibs on potential play off tickets.

Back
Top Bottom