Transfer News Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it is Mark Harris, my Cardiff pal gave me feedback that would be eerily similar if you asked our fans about Joseph. Sounds like this could be our answer to being priced out by Swansea for KJ if true. Like peas in a pod.

1689019541346.png
Some of the Blackpool fans hoping KJ might be part of the deal for Jerry Yates going to Swansea... Our connections with Blackpool has no bounds in recent years!

Do we think we would see a better version of Joseph if he came back given he would be more experienced now? I am just a bit unsure on him, but I guess his return was okay in a poor side.

I think Joseph really started to improve at the end of last season and his goal return wasn’t bad in a terrible attacking unit. I think his hold up play can be developed because he has really good physical attributes. He can press and run all day too.

He’s only going to improve too. Hopefully with a year of regular football he can come back and hit the ground running.

However it still would reassure me if we were bringing in someone in with more experience at this level alongside Joseph.

With Moore, Thorniley, Negru, Findlay as well as Brown and Long who can all play centre back we do seem a little over stocked there....Findlay does seem a bit surplus if we can get an offer for him?

I know there is plenty of time but I'm afraid I am getting a bit impatient about 2 strikers and a LB coming in....and I also want the combative CDM, for plan B games or when McEachran doesn't play. If we get some of them, can shift a couple of players out and then get some creative young loans in we could be in really good shape for this season.

In Manning we trust tho.

COYY's!!

• React
Reactions: Ian
Whilst his goal return isn't fantastic, Mark Harris comes here with a fair amount of championship experience.

If he signs, along with another CF, I would be pretty happy about it.

100%

Harris has never scored more than three goals in a league season. Joseph looked like he could finish at times last season, but I still maintain he was best running or chasing down the channels - his hold-up play was by far the weakest part of his game.

If we only have the budget for two more forwards (and unless we've found a taker for Yanic or Murphy, you have to believe that's the case) - I think you'd want to choose between Harris and Joseph, and then sign that out-and-out striker to complement everyone else (for the price Charlton reportedly paid, Alfie May would have been perfect, but hey ho).

Otherwise you're going into the new season the same way you finished the last - with a talented squad no doubt, but one in which the player who's scored a) the most career goals, and b) the most goals in a single season is Cameron Brannagan.

I’d like us to get 2 out and out strikers, if we only get one and he’s injured, or out of form from being overplayed, then we are back to square zero. We also need strong competition for places, with no one assuming their place in the side is guaranteed.

Sorry meant next season or is it this season? Always confuses me this time of the year.
Anything other than Joseph can’t imagine he’s the only forward coming in Nombe / Harris etc

He’s only had one window as CEO, as he joined in October. In January we had a ‘one in, one out’ policy across the loan market.

The guy is Ed Woodward’s apprentice and is being paid a hefty wage to keep the club in check, in terms of spending and general operations. The one thing he will be good at is keeping things tight and making decisions on an Excel sheet. It won’t be what fans or even the manager always wants to hear, but it’s his job.
That’s fare enough but in his business with Robinson I think he has a fare way to go before he gets any praise.

Last edited:
Joseph reminds me very much of Danny Hylton. He'll get 10-15/season, not the best technique, but busts a gut, and causes other teams problems. As someone else said, his level will probably be as a very good L1 player, who could possibly do a job in the Championship. I really liked him. If we can get him for the right price, I hope he comes back. But only as a permanent.

We need a goalscorer..not a winger cum striker. Not an inverted forward. Not a link player, a league 1 goalscorer..
C’mon Kip you’ve been pretty positive so far in this close season Joseph isn’t the finished article but he will be with us. I’m sure there will be an out and out goal scorer coming in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom