Transfer News Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Twine is not signing for us, probably never will unless we go full Robinson in a decades time and sign him when he only has one leg, but I feel like he has played for us the amount I have read his name.

True, then we better look at maybe spending some cash, and even though @Scotchegg has said 4 along the front ie Browne, Harris, Paddy Murphy and Rodrigues will chop which they will but would still want to see an out and out striker. Maybe Waters isn’t a pipe dream who knows?
But have the club actually equired?
Journalists and people on Social Media can start a rumour and this forum goes into overdrive.

No disrespect, but this isn’t hard to beat!

Still feel we need an experienced recognised striker who’s proven and still capable!

I think the add Waldron thread shows the apprehension. A good window wasn’t a given, despite the changes.

Thankfully we’ve made significant strides (using StatsBomb, the manager listening to the recruitment team) but those responsible for getting deals over the line are still largely the same. Luckily, we have a manager that can sell the club and has a reputation for football players wish to play whilst developing them.

Thread? Give the puns a rest mate.
Nothing on this forum induces more rage in people than Summer Transfer Window threads, particularly when we go a time without signings. The frustration and anger in last years thread would have made beer-hall based frustrations in 1930's Munich seem calm.

More chance of seeing god than Twine signing for us, whether on loan or permanently.

He’s a Swindon lad, supporter and has a close affiliation with the skip. Meanwhile, he’s proven himself at Lg1 level and will no doubt, have suitors in the championship that are ready to take him for a year on loan.

Absolutely no chance. 0%.
Another reminder of a previous EC post

But have the club actually equired?
Journalists and people on Social Media can start a rumour and this forum goes into overdrive.
Ive no idea, i agree in principle with at what @Scotchegg has said but I would still like to see an out and out striker and maybe would have thought we may have one in by now with possible a 2nd striker a bit later. We do need a LWB I agree but ok with Brown filling if need be.

Last edited:
Nothing on this forum induces more rage in people than Summer Transfer Window threads, particularly when we go a time without signings. The frustration and anger in last years thread would have made beer-hall based frustrations in 1930's Munich seem calm.
And all that despite us having made six signings by mid-July too!

And we have more to come not the usual looking for 3 players in the last hour of the transfer window and being told we have made a near club record bid for a player who was never coming here. I feel we will be top half there as been alot of damage to repair and still feel we have a couple of big signings to come.

I
And we have more to come not the usual looking for 3 players in the last hour of the transfer window and being told we have made a near club record bid for a player who was never coming here. I feel we will be top half there as been alot of damage to repair and still feel we have a couple of big signings to come.
Totally agree.

And all that despite us having made six signings by mid-July too!
haha not wrong, last year was so bad I had a half a year exile from here! We all want what's best for the club I guess, so it's weirdly nervewracking waiting for signings.

I'm cautiously optimistic, we still have time to bring in the number 9 and left back people on here are crying out for. We are in a MUCH better position than this time last year.

I also think we will spend we are so lucky I can't understand people moaning hopefully a new ground a board who will support the manager a better looking team with more players coming in. A decent start then in a reasonable place at the end of the year and more decent players coming in. We'll done to the board already and also Manning going about the business in a managed way not the usual the panic dot com.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom