Transfer News Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Nero murdered his mother, and Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Nero also slept with his mother, Nero married and executed one stepsister, executed his other stepsister, raped and murdered his stepbrother. In fact, he executed or murdered most of his close relatives. He kicked his pregnant wife to death. He castrated and then married a freedman. He married another freedman, this time himself playing the bride. He raped a vestal virgin. He melted down the household gods of Rome for their cash value."

oh i love the history books lol
Yeah, but did he live in Swindon?

I know it almost certainly isn't him, but what would it take to get Johnson Clarke Harris out of the Posh? Transfer listed and only a year left on his contract
The EFL to grant Oxford United a special exemption to skip League One this season and compete in the Championship from this Saturday plus £10,000 per week.

Think we can do it?

Interesting shout. They paid £2m for him though so may be unrealistic for our price bracket unless its a loan.
I had no idea they paid that for him. He had a decent season last year so his value won’t have decreased enough for a 6 figure move.

What a waste of forum space from the f*****g idiots on this forum. I check here to see developments, not some twats who are obviously bored. This is the Transfer News page, For Fucks Sake.
Quite right. Let's get this thread back on the topic of Transfer News.

What did everyone think of the transfer of power from Nero to Galba?

What a waste of forum space from the f*****g idiots on this forum. I check here to see developments, not some twats who are obviously bored. This is the Transfer News page, For Fucks Sake.
But there isn’t any transfer news.

Interesting shout. They paid £2m for him though so may be unrealistic for our price bracket unless its a loan.

It's a very interesting shout. Birmingham apparently open to offers.

Bear in mind that the £2m was 2.5 years ago and with just 1 year left on his contract now (and with little sign that he is in the first team plans for Birmingham) you would think that price tag would be significantly lower.

It's not dissimilar to the Joseph situation whereby a Championship club no longer see a future for him and so would rather take a decent wedge and move on rather than more loans and running down the contract. In terms of selling fee - Cosgrove and Joseph have a similar record in L1 - but Joseph is significantly younger and still had 2 years to run on his contract.

Fwiw, I'm suprised Cosgrove hasn't been signed by Argyle, especially as their recruitment this Summer has been built upon securing deals for last seasons loanees, whether permanent and with decent sums (Mumba, Whitaker) or another loan (Azaz).

Could certainly imagine Cosgrove signing for an ambitious L1 challenger for a 6-figure sum.

Unlike some other names mentioned he would would most definitely complement our style and system.

It's a very interesting shout. Birmingham apparently open to offers.

Bear in mind that the £2m was 2.5 years ago and with just 1 year left on his contract now (and with little sign that he is in the first team plans for Birmingham) you would think that price tag would be significantly lower.

It's not dissimilar to the Joseph situation whereby a Championship club no longer see a future for him and so would rather take a decent wedge and move on rather than more loans and running down the contract. In terms of selling fee - Cosgrove and Joseph have a similar record in L1 - but Joseph is significantly younger and still had 2 years to run on his contract.

Fwiw, I'm suprised Cosgrove hasn't been signed by Argyle, especially as their recruitment this Summer has been built upon securing deals for last seasons loanees, whether permanent and with decent sums (Mumba, Whitaker) or another loan (Azaz).

Could certainly imagine Cosgrove signing for an ambitious L1 challenger for a 6-figure sum.

Unlike some other names mentioned he would would most definitely complement our style and system.
His goalscoring record is pretty poor, but as you suggested, he adds something that our other strikers don't ( at 6 foot 4)

Sorry this thread is for transfer rumours, not for laying into other forum members. Please try and stay on track.

I suggest you start a new thread for moaning about people on this forum, as that seems to be the basis for the majority of your posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom