Transfer News Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
And we decided we were better off having Sykes for his last season, rather than selling him on a cut-priced deal.

Suspect Posh will think the same - vastly more likely to get promoted with JCH in their team, not desperate for cash, so unlikely to sell him for less than seven figures.....
They are a little bit desperate for cash, to be fair. But I wonder how the landscape might change with Clarke-Harris should they get the £7.5m asking price for Ronnie Edwards. It might be that a lot rides on that deal so any potential buyers may not want to run the risk of leaving it too long.

Murphy, McGuane, Eastwood, Brown, Bodin, Goodrham, O'Donkor, Henry, Negru and Mfuni all OOC in 2024 (may be others). Baldock is also but sounds like he is retiring, and McEachran's contract length wasn't disclosed but also didn't say 'long-term' so may also be OOC. At least 6 of those should in my opinion be extended, with others depending on appearances and impact this season.

GOD has an option for an additional year:
(those were the days, when the club told us how long player contracts were)

Negru is the priority for me. Kid looks like he's going to be awesome - he's already a good League One defender - so we want to get him locked up long term. We wouldn't get much via tribunal if someone else signed him at season's end, because we haven't done much of his development.

Murphy, McGuane, Eastwood, Brown, Bodin, Goodrham, O'Donkor, Henry, Negru and Mfuni all OOC in 2024 (may be others). Baldock is also but sounds like he is retiring, and McEachran's contract length wasn't disclosed but also didn't say 'long-term' so may also be OOC. At least 6 of those should in my opinion be extended, with others depending on appearances and impact this season.
Tyler, GOD and Negru absolutely essential of that group you'd have thought. Huge ceilings.

The thing is he is 30 next year, so coupled with his contract ending in less than 12 months, means he’s prob worth 500k max. Unlikely to be much sell on value in another 2-3 years time. He’d be a great addition at the right price, but certainly not worth going over the top for him and might not fit our model?
Although admittedly not in the same class, Harry Kane is already 30. Unless he's injury prone, there's no reason, given his current prolific scoring record, why JCH could not maintain that for at least another 2/3 years. I would say that £750k would be good business.

Still quite on the western front, apart from the Aberdeen news wanting Brown there doesn't seem much news about any incomings .Certainly our start will help us get loans from championship or Premier league teams with our style long may it continue. Fingers crossed Browne is not injured.

Charlton can sign who they want, Kip has praised the work they have done in the transfer market and tipped them, once the curse of Kip is on you success is impossible as every team he fancies each season struggles.
Thank god he’s negative for us.

Could kip really be negative for our own benefit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom