Matches Sunderland Sell-Out!

That's because away fans bought in the home section and, rather than being sensible, wore shirts and celebrated their goal.

If they had just sat there in plain clothes and shut up nothing would have happened.
You know, I've sat at cricket mixed in with Aussies, and never felt the urge to go and thump one of them when they were wearing colours, brandishing inflatable kangaroos, and celebrating taking English wickets... It is possible to not act like a thug if you really want to.

I won't excuse the fans in the wrong section, but also you can't ignore the reaction of our fans to them (allegedly, I didn't see it), all they had to do was mention to a steward and have them removed.

You know, I've sat at cricket mixed in with Aussies, and never felt the urge to go and thump one of them when they were wearing colours, brandishing inflatable kangaroos, and celebrating taking English wickets... It is possible to not act like a thug if you really want to.

I won't excuse the fans in the wrong section, but also you can't ignore the reaction of our fans to them (allegedly, I didn't see it), all they had to do was mention to a steward and have them removed.
Some of these dickheads must really struggle in life. What happens when they go shopping somewhere like Reading? Do they have the urge to attack everyone because they’re from Reading?

Just a shame football fans can’t behave like f*****g adults then isn’t it?
You don't actually sound like much of a football fan.

Also, you've missed my point, which was that the segregation does not need to be so large, isn't so large at other clubs, and would not be so large if it were left up to the club.

Sadly the decision is made by the sort of H&S mafia that blight much of modern society with their over the top decisions. The sort of people who close three lanes of a motorway, due to someone having a puncture on the hard shoulder, causing massive tailbacks and unnecessary inconvenience and delays for many, and then write up an incident report afterwards to say how well they've done by avoiding mass deaths and managing the "incident" that wouldn't have even been an incident without them!

Last edited:
That's because away fans bought in the home section and, rather than being sensible, wore shirts and celebrated their goal.

If they had just sat there in plain clothes and shut up nothing would have happened.
I was sitting near to some very obvious Sheffield Wednesday fans in the North Stand. They knew I knew - but were sensible.

Rather than moaning about away fans in the home section shouldn't we be praising them, after all some of the 30k + we've took to Wembley 3 times in the last 15 years won't come to a home game at the kassam. Once the new stadium starts to be built you watch and see them flock back so they can have first dibs on a seat in the new stadium.

I bet you wanted noise cancelling headphones though being in with Aussies. :)

Some folk should experience Rugby - no home/away ends - fans mixed and beer allowed on the terraces.

Makes for a much nicer day out and folk very rarely misbehave.

Some folk should experience Rugby - no home/away ends - fans mixed and beer allowed on the terraces.

People very rarely misbehave at football anymore, no worse than either rugby code, boxing, horse racing (where I have seen much more actual fighting), cricket, music festivals etc, any large gatherings have a few individuals coked and pissed up causing problems. These are not really organised groups of hooligans (or whatever you want to call them) as in the increasingly distant past but just a reflection of society and how we let our hair down. It’s just that one sport/leisure activity, because of what happened a long time ago, is forced to act completely differently to all the others and we seem to be getting the shitty end of that stick. Had our fans committed mass murder during the “hooligan years” they would all be out of prison by now, it’s time for football to be judged along side other social activities now not singled as a pariah.

This doesn’t move away from the fact that the Kassam isn’t fit for purpose at all, why would a barely finished ground be?

I think the Police in Cardiff may very much disagree with you about your last sentence. Rugby League most definitely has its moments as well.

Harsh. Who doesn’t like a half-time game of ‘drink-your-own-P**s’ or ‘eat-cat-food-fried-in-your-mates-jizz’?

Don't forget the grabbing a mate's balls whilst they scrum a random women's car whilst she is in it.

Back
Top Bottom