Matches Sunderland Sell-Out!

Midnight check roughly in line with @Thecurraghofkildare figures from 10:15pm.

I have sales of 8,232 meaning sales of 173 in the last 24 hours and sales of 37 since 5pm. I'd probably expect sales to be at about 200 over the weekend and then the 300/400 per day mark will start getting hit. I'm going for Wednesday as the day we sell out.

Sunderland get a last min winner so it's a massive game next week. Must win if we want playoffs.

10.00pm update on Saturday - results obviously didn't go our way at all today which makes this week a huge one with six points needed from Morecambe on Tuesday and then Sunderland next Saturday to maintain our playoff push.

The good news is that, despite there being an away match today, sales have been strong for a Saturday with another 139 seats sold in the past 24 hours.

That means there are now just 1,221 seats remaining and a sell out in the first half of the week (Tuesday/Wednesday) still looks very likely. If you know anyone planning on going who hasn't got their tickets yet, give them a shout on Sunday because they will need to get their skates on.

The remaining 1,221 seats are split

424 South Stand Lower (197/53/16/7/0/10/63/78) - slowest rate of sales and this area (Block 1 especially) will almost certainly sell out last
140 South Stand Upper (43/5/1/0/0/4/88) - beginning to sell quite quickly again after a relatively slow week
380 East Stand (81/79/13/18/52/137) - solid sales throughout
277 North Stand (163/26/47/41) - continues to sell at the fastest rate and could pip the South Stand Upper to be the area sold out first

That means overall sales are now 10,400+

Anyone looking at getting group tickets, or even pairs together should really look at getting them today if you want to be anywhere but the extreme corners of the stands.

Wow, generally book tickets the weekend before, and this time seats are as scarce as I remember for a long time. Couldn't get any of our normal spots! Which is good for the club obviously.
In future for big games you need to check out the dot counters ( why did predictive text say fit counters) who will advise you to book a little earlier!

I didn’t have time to count but doing a quick look a moment ago I reckon there have been strong sales in most areas in the last few hours particularly in all sections of the North stand. Great work by the way by @Colin B and & @Thecurraghofkildare..

Reckon we've sold around 50 since @Thecurraghofkildare posted this morning so could be under 1000 left by end of today.

I think the club would benefit from posting through their emails and social media that we're close to selling out to help push those remaining. Once sold out (Wednesday?) then we can start pushing the MK Dons game.

Reckon we've sold around 50 since @Thecurraghofkildare posted this morning so could be under 1000 left by end of today.

I think the club would benefit from posting through their emails and social media that we're close to selling out to help push those remaining. Once sold out (Wednesday?) then we can start pushing the MK Dons game.
Totally agree about the club highlighting through all their social media channels that there are less than 1200 seats remaining (I made it 1,189 at 1.30pm) - then less than 1000, less than xxx etc. Hopefully there will be a big promotional push on Monday morning - the Monday before a Saturday is always a strong day for sales, while the Sunday is typically much quieter.

I remember how quickly the last seats sold out for the Man City match once we got close to the sell out point, and an early sold out notice for Sunderland would then hopefully see sales pick up for the MK Dons - not done a full count but a quick scan suggests that sales are currently sluggish for that one (long way out still admittedly but nowhere near the same rate of early sales as for Sunderland - in fact it looks more like an ordinary match pre-sales wise at this point).

There will be those who routinely order tickets in the week preceding a game and may not have realised just how many tickets have already sold. Not everyone looks on here (unbelievable I know!) so highlighting how few tickets available on the club website, twitter, Facebook and through the Oxford Mail will push us over the line.

We should also highlight that we're expecting another huge game against MK Dons and start pushing that the moment the last Sunderland ticket sells. We need everyone pushing from here on in. Absolutely no reason why we can't finish the season with 3 11k games hopefully ahead of a 4th in the play offs.

That's one thing I would say is as a club we're well behind other clubs in terms of our social media, commercial, promoting and sales sense. An advert for the game being posted a few times stating prices from £20 isn't good enough. I'm not on any Plymouth groups or even follow them on twitter but I was seeing loads of posts from their twitter account highlighting how many tickets left etc so why do our club not do this?

That's one thing I would say is as a club we're well behind other clubs in terms of our social media, commercial, promoting and sales sense. An advert for the game being posted a few times stating prices from £20 isn't good enough. I'm not on any Plymouth groups or even follow them on twitter but I was seeing loads of posts from their twitter account highlighting how many tickets left etc so why do our club not do this?

Careful, don`t be criticising the marketing, even if it is "poor" at best.
The tea ladies gossip boy will be after you. :ROFLMAO:

Careful, don`t be criticising the marketing, even if it is "poor" at best.
The tea ladies gossip boy will be after you. :ROFLMAO:

The thing is I'm criticising it to try and get them to improve it for everyone's benefit including the boards.

Example : my sons football game on the Saturday morning before the Ipswich game I was wearing my Oxford coat and one parent asked me why is it so expensive to go and watch and we can't afford £20 each as a family of four, they had seen the poster on Facebook where it says tickets from £20 and didn't even bother to look on our site at actual prices. Obviously I advised them it costs me £27 for me and my son to go but at that point it was too late for them to attend as they made other plans. Did tell them to purchase Sunderland tickets so hopefully they do.

You will be surprised how many people see that £20 figure and think that's for kids as it does say prices from.

The thing is I'm criticising it to try and get them to improve it for everyone's benefit including the boards.

Example : my sons football game on the Saturday morning before the Ipswich game I was wearing my Oxford coat and one parent asked me why is it so expensive to go and watch and we can't afford £20 each as a family of four, they had seen the poster on Facebook where it says tickets from £20 and didn't even bother to look on our site at actual prices. Obviously I advised them it costs me £27 for me and my son to go but at that point it was too late for them to attend as they made other plans. Did tell them to purchase Sunderland tickets so hopefully they do.

You will be surprised how many people see that £20 figure and think that's for kids as it does say prices from.

I know, I said exactly the same a while ago.

Emailed the club and it got changed - once. Then reverted back to exactly what you posted, folk read "from £20" and go no further!!

Maybe that supporters panel could mention it. 🤷‍♀️

I know, I said exactly the same a while ago.

Emailed the club and it got changed - once. Then reverted back to exactly what you posted, folk read "from £20" and go no further!!

Maybe that supporters panel could mention it. 🤷‍♀️

I contacted the supporters panel about this and about getting Olly the Ox back as well as all the activities for the kids now no Covid restrictons are in place but neither has happened. 🙄

Did a count just now.

66 sold today, I'd expect a few more, taking us to 100 or more for the day. That will leave 1,100 seats going into Monday. I'd expect 300 or so on Monday, similar Tuesday (as even though there's a match that evening, it raises the upcoming game in peoples' consciousness) and then a sell out on Wednesday when FOMO sets in.

I'll probably miss all the fun again, as the dots disappear, as I'll be on the long drive south from Morecambe after staying over at the Art Deco Midland Hotel on Tuesday night.

Doing all this dot counting without being around when the last few seats sell out is like taking a woman out for several dates and then your car breaking down when she sends the text saying "I'm at home naked in bed, come over"!!!!

Did a count just now.

66 sold today, I'd expect a few more, taking us to 100 or more for the day. That will leave 1,100 seats going into Monday. I'd expect 300 or so on Monday, similar Tuesday (as even though there's a match that evening, it raises the upcoming game in peoples' consciousness) and then a sell out on Wednesday when FOMO sets in.

I'll probably miss all the fun again, as the dots disappear, as I'll be on the long drive south from Morecambe after staying over at the Art Deco Midland Hotel on Tuesday night.

Doing all this dot counting without being around when the last few seats sell out is like taking a woman out for several dates and then your car breaking down when she sends the text saying "I'm at home naked in bed, come over"!!!!

Speaking from experience I feel...... don`t let @RyanioBirdio see it. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom