General Ticketing and Retail

No and as per my message earlier I wanted to go on as soon as TKT was up and running to buy the extra ticket for tomorrow as near to my s/t and other seats that I've been waiting all week to get. If having gone on before I got the email means I have to re-set again later I'm going to be even less impressed than I already am now.
Just phoned and got through straightaway

Can I also make a point of saying kudos to club staff in ticketing who'll have been having to back in time 20 years over the past few weeks and had a far greater volume of sales to do "manually' (e.g., in person at window, or on phone) than normal with website down. From my side the complaints here are about the leadership / strategy (or lack off) from senior management rather than any criticism of the people working for us and helping supporters day to day in ticket office, club shop, commercial team etc. I feel like they're being let down by their leadership team even more than we are as customers supporters!

Has anyone yet received an email?
No email. Managed, I think, to reset password yesterday evening.

Also confirmed with another poster on here that, for the Leyton Orient game at least, there are no concessionary tickets for over 65's on the system, anywhere in the stadium.

The club website is still displaying a very confused mix of system down and and ticket sale notifications.

Just went onto the ticketing site to be informed that I should update my account and preferences. For contact permissions I get this screen with no way to update, positive or negative. Who knows what this means?
1708683669120.png

Just went onto the ticketing site to be informed that I should update my account and preferences. For contact permissions I get this screen with no way to update, positive or negative. Who knows what this means?
Update: the "Update Preferences" is the option to select. A slight change to the previous method?
1708684522861.png

No email received from the club. Tried to get a new password through the forgot password link both last night and this morning but no reset email received even though I'm a member and on the database (get the weekly newsletter twice!). Give me strength...

No email. Managed, I think, to reset password yesterday evening.

Also confirmed with another poster on here that, for the Leyton Orient game at least, there are no concessionary tickets for over 65's on the system, anywhere in the stadium.

The club website is still displaying a very confused mix of system down and and ticket sale notifications.
There should be over 65s now, I flagged this earlier

There should be over 65s now, I flagged this earlier
Well done, away tickets for Bolton and Port Vale have been added as well but, not Portsmouth as yet.
I have just emailed Lee Barton and the Ticket office regarding the Blue Light game v. Cheltenham as this does not feature among the offerings from Blue Light Tickets.

This might tip me over the edge. I'm struggling to think of something that encapsulates the immense disconnect between us fans and our supreme leaders more than reading that.

Just take a step back and think of how utterly ludicrous that level of thinking is at the moment. Those threads have always been about increasing interest, spreading the word, building momentum and ultimately getting more bums on seats - not just bringing in more money for the absolute psychos that run our club day-to-day, but also helping to make a brilliant case for us needing a better stadium to take us forward! They've asked for our support in the stadium process and helping to show the potential of our fan base and how much the club means to so many people is a huge part of that - to then actively be irritated by it isn't just pathetic, it's downright alarming.

I absolutely despair at this point. Tim and Grant, if you're reading this, why do you hate us so much? What on earth are you threatened by? And more importantly, if this is what keeps you up at night, why are you here?

If this is what we're treated like when they need us, I can't wait until we make the top 30...

I’m trying to understand what motivates Williams, Grant and Benson to deliberately alienate long standing supporters.

I can only think that there is a deep level of insecurity. I actually feel sorry for them that they feel the need to create an ‘us and them’ culture, so that they can feel good about themselves. This reflects badly on them and in turn is poor, poor leadership.

This is what I posted earlier in the month,

It just shows that people like Ferguson, Williams and Benson don’t understand football supporters, in particular Oxford United supporters and the emotional attachment towards our club. Often it is handed down from father to son, (or mother to daughter). It’s in our blood. We invest huge amounts of time, energy, emotion and money in supporting our club. The shared experiences. We were here before they turned up and we’ll be here after they’ve gone.

I suspect deep down they are suspicious of anyone who really understands what it is to be an Oxford United supporter. Anyone who has a history of being an Oxford United supporter, all the highs and lows and everything that comes with it.

Because it’s something they really don’t understand and it makes them feel insecure.

This is manifested in the way long standing supporters such as Sue Trafford and a Michael North have deliberately been treated. Not only was it shameful it was nasty too.

If I was a long standing supporter who also happened to be a long standing employee of OUFC, I’d be looking over my shoulder.

Years ago, the owner's,the chairman, director's, groundsmen, every thing you can think of running a local football club was, local people. Alas no more, time's have changed & not for the better.
To many people involved in football ,that have no interest in it apart from it's just a job..That they dont really care about..apart from£££££££££__

The online system is an absolute shambles..

Haven’t yet received the email, but went online and reset password.

I am eligible to buy a Pompey ticket but it’s not an option to buy.

Holding for 9 minutes for the ticket office (completely acknowledge it’s not their fault) and now need to jump on a work call.

Utter shambles - the online booking system has been down far too long and it’s not even right when they relaunch.

It’s absolutely pathetic.

No email received, tried to reset password by clicking forgot password, still no email received.

I’ll ask again, what has Adam Benson done since he became Chief Commercial and Marketing Officer?

I’ll ask again, what has Adam Benson done since he became Chief Commercial and Marketing Officer?
Helped with alienating long term supporters, overseen the cock up with the ticketing system, been unhelpful to two different supporters groups and decided the club is 'over-communicating' with their 'customers'. Hopefully he can turn these (and probably more) into bullet points and add them to to his CV - just in case he needs it imminently.

So I reset my password that worked 👍 but I now have a notification telling me to mange my 3 season tickets... Confused.com

Bring back cash at the turnstiles, don't care what people say, I hate modern technology.... All it needs is a lunatic cyber hacker,to cause the world to be at a standstill,or worse....

Received my email at 2 o'clock. Won't get time to action it today though....

Back
Top Bottom